Caloric content of fried potatoes and French fries, composition and nutritional value
Jun 02, 2018
Potato has come into our lives since the time of piracy. Pirates from Spain were sent to South America, where potato was found, which then spread throughout Europe.
Everyone knows the fact that potatoes were lost to Russia, thanks to Peter I. It was he who brought the first batch of this product, but he did not cause success among the people. Only in the second half of the XIX century, potatoes became popular among the people. Some sources believe that Pushkin was very fond of potatoes and was even one of the first who cooked fried potatoes.
The heroine of the Soviet film "The Girls" Tosya claimed that many dishes can be cooked from potatoes. And one of the most common is fried potatoes.
Fried potatoes are very tasty and easy to prepare. Even first-year students can cook this food. The recipe for this delicacy is simple: chopped slices or straws fry potatoes in a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
This product is quite satisfying. Ideally it is combined with fried onions, sour cream, stewed meat and mushrooms. Spices such as dried herbs, tomato sauce, a mixture of peppers and seasonings for potatoes will make your garnish unique.
However, this dish is harmful to the body. The calorie content of roasted potatoes is 192 kcal per 100 g of product. Carbohydrates are 23.4 kcal, proteins - 2.8 kcal, fats - 9.5 kcal. The benefits of using this product are the lack of cholesterol and low sugar content.
One of the varieties of fried potatoes is our favorite french fries. Caloric content of French fries is 318.8 kcal per 100 gr. However, this dish is even more harmful than ordinary fried potatoes, because it is prepared in an industrial way with the addition of chemicals necessary for production technology.
Next, consider the composition of potatoes and why it is harmful to use your favorite dish.
Ingredients of fried potatoes
The potato itself is useful for the body because it performs such functions:
- stimulates the activity of the digestive glands due to the content of organic acids in the composition;
- activation of the immune and circulatory system due to the content in the product of vitamins of group B, PP and C;
- decrease in blood pressure due to the content of micro- and macroelements, such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium.
Also in the potato is starch, which is the most nutritious substance, but for cooking it is advised to clean it, otherwise the garnish will not work.
More potatoes are useful:
- presence of vitamins of group K, D, A, E, B1, B2, B5, B6;
- by the conservation during the thermal treatment of minerals: sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium;
- content of apple, oxalic, citric and other organic acids, as well as useful pectin substances.
But besides the useful properties of potatoes, there are also harmful ones. To eat fried potatoes is harmful, because:
- this product contains a lot of calories, so it is contraindicated for people with excess weight ;
- is a carcinogenic effect of fats used when frying a product;
- is more likely to gain extra pounds;
- product is difficult to digest;
- possible the content of nitrates and solanines - harmful substances.
Potato lovers can be given advice that minimizes unpleasant risks from eating this harmful treat. One week before and after eating fried potatoes, do not eat salt and foods containing fats. To prevent harmful substances from remaining in the body, it is better to add garnish to vegetable salads, especially with greens. The resulting fiber will not allow unsuitable substances to be absorbed into the body.
Thus, with the right combination of products, even harmful fried potatoes will bring pleasure and will not damage your health.