Fibroplastic glomerulonephritis and its manifestations
Fibroplastic glomerulonephritis or in another way sclerosing is a kind of collective group of pathologies that in the finale combines different types of glomerulonephritis.
The disease itself is a pathology of the kidneys or glomerular nephritis. It is characterized by the development of inflammation in glomeruli. The disease negatively affects the renal glomeruli with the involvement of interstitial tissue in the pathological process. In its development, the disease can be attributed to the group of infectious-allergic pathologies.
Forms of glomerulonephritis
Glomerulonephritis is classified according to its clinical manifestations into the following forms:
- Nephrite is the most common form of primary nephrotic syndrome. In this case, nephrotic manifestations are combined with the symptoms of inflammation in the kidneys. Subsequently, progression of glomerulonephritis occurs, an increase in blood pressure and a violation of the nitrogen excretory function in the kidneys.
- Hypertensive - with its development in the body for a long time there is a steady increase in pressure. When neglected, there is a risk of developing hypertrophy in the left ventricle of the heart. At the same time, hypertension is not of a malignant nature, and pressure indicators do not reach critical levels.
- Mixed-simultaneous development of nephrotic syndrome and hypertension.
- Latent is a common form of pathology, which manifests itself through a mild urinary syndrome without accompanying with edema and increased pressure. This form is characterized by a prolonged course and eventually leads to the formation of uremia.
- Hematurism-manifestations of pathology are reduced to the detection of blood in the process of urination without additional violations of general health.
In chronic course of glomerulonephritis, any of its forms is periodically exacerbated. Most often, exacerbations occur two days after the influence of some stimulus.
The evolution of almost all forms of glomerulonephritis is completed by fibroplastic changes, which are sclerosis in capillary gland loops, fusion of lobules with capsules, formation of fibrous semilunium, thickening of the glomerular capsule.
In the early stages of glomerular transformation, thanks to modern methods of investigation, such as light-optical and electron microscopy, it is possible to establish the characteristics inherent in the initial forms of pathology. Over time, fibroplastic processes hide these manifestations.
Fibroplasty processes are often supplemented with dystrophy in the tubular epithelium, tubular atrophy, at the site of which the connective tissue begins to grow.
Classification of fibroplastic glomerulonephritis
Fibroplastic glomerulonephritis is classified into a focal and diffuse form, and in addition, segmental focal dystrophy of the glomerulus is isolated in a separate species.
The diffuse shape is characterized by fibroplastic changes in all glomeruli, but these changes are expressed, as a rule, unevenly. This form completes the development of previous types of glomerulonephritis.
If the process of fibroplastic changes affects only certain segments in the glomeruli, and the others remain unchanged or have mild changes, then it is a focal fibroplastic glomerulonephritis. This form usually completes the development of lipoid nephrosis or focal varieties of mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis. Thus, the focal form of fibroplastic glomerulonephritis is included in the heterogeneous group.
Treatment of pathology
Treatment of any form of fibroplastic glomerulonephritis should include the following steps:
- Hospitalization of the patient in the department of nephrology.
- Compliance with strict bed rest.
- Food in accordance with diet number 7 - restriction of salt, protein intake.
With the development of severe exacerbations and the presence of infectious foci, antibiotic therapy is performed. Glucocorticoids and drugs that suppress the work of immunity, do not bring results in the development of acute glomerulonephritis after infection of the body. Immunosuppressants, as a rule, are used in case of achieving remission with exacerbation of chronic forms.