What if my kidneys hurt? How to establish the causes of pain
Pain in the kidney area is a frequent complaint of people visiting a doctor. When the kidneys are aching, it is almost impossible to sit in one place for a long time without moving, so a person often gets up, walks, just to overcome the feeling of discomfort. Basically, the kidneys get sore from manifestations of urine leakage from the pelvis and from the calyx.
The main causes of kidney pain
If a person has kidney problems: what to do is the first question that arises. First of all, you need to correctly establish the causes of painful sensations.
As a rule, pain in the kidney area is manifested under the influence of two main factors - an infection or nephrolithiasis. The organ starts to ache due to strong stretching. Stretching is formed when the urine accumulates in the ureter due to its overlapping or in the formation of an inflammatory process of an infectious nature.
In the first situation, the pain is called renal colic. It will be necessary to measure the temperature of the body. Provided that the temperature is normal, the warmer is applied to the kidney projection, then the patient should take a warm bath for ten minutes. In addition, pain relievers work well on the body, and as the temperature rises, it will be urgent to call an ambulance.
Symptom of which pathologies can be pain in the kidney area?
- Pyelonephritis or the process of inflammation in the renal pelvis - pathology is accompanied by unsharp pain in the side, a sense of squeezing. If the pain is felt as bilateral, that is, both the left and the right kidney are affected, then we can talk about the development of glomerulonephritis.
- Sometimes the patient's complaints of pain in the kidneys are a sign of chronic kidney failure. Such a pathology is characterized by kidney damage or a violation of their work in the period of three or more months. The term "chronic kidney failure" is often used in the generalized sense, but sometimes it is a real and serious diagnosis.
- Renal oncology. This disease in the first stages of development does not make itself known. To reveal kidney cancer is obtained on the following grounds: the presence of blood in the urine, a small tumor neoplasm in the lumbar region, which is felt during palpation, loss of tonus of life, lethargy, deterioration or total absence of appetite, weight loss, unreasonable fever, anemia,blood pressure, anemia, increased blood pressure, pain, varicose veins in the spermatic cord.
- Pain sensations in the kidneys can be a sign of the development of nephroptosis, which in the first stages of formation does not cause pain and no causative inconvenience to a person. Patients complain of periodically drawing, unsharp pains in the lumbar region. Subsequently, as the pathology progresses, pain in the lumbar region becomes much worse. As the progression of the lesion worsens the circulation in the kidneys, the stagnation of urine begins and in it an increase in the concentration of proteins and erythrocytes is detected. At the third stage of the disease, patients already complain of not passing pains in the kidneys. Such feelings often provoke depressive states, neurasthenia in patients. In some situations, with the development of nephroptosis, there is a disruption in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and appetite worsens. At times, strong kink in the ureter due to heavy physical exertion in the third stage of oncology, the disease can cause renal colic.
- If patients suffer from kidney problems, often doctors express suspicions of benign tumors.
- Kidney pain can indicate renal hydronephrosis. In the first stages, this disease also does not manifest itself and is mainly diagnosed after infection is attached or can be accidentally detected during routine ultrasound examination of the organ. This pathology is not characterized by any clearly pronounced signs. If the patient is experiencing constant pain in the kidney area, then this may also indicate a hydronephrosis transformation. Occasionally, in the early stages of the disease, renal colic may manifest. Later, the kidney increases in size and is probed through the anterior wall of the peritoneum. Also, the disease is characterized by the presence of blood in the urine.
- In addition to these lesions of pain in the kidneys, the lumbar region may indicate the formation of stones in the body. This pathology in the first stages does not appear even when the stone is inside the kidney. But it is with urolithiasis that renal colic often develops, which is an acute painful attack in the lumbar region. When finding a stone in the lower part of the ureter, pain can be localized in the lower abdomen and given to the inguinal zone.
The presence of inflammation in the kidney is mainly indicated by the following symptoms: constantly growing pains in the lower abdomen and in the side, pain in the back area, sensation increase when touching, high body temperature, nausea with vomiting, chills, frequent urge to leave urine.
This is important! Sometimes pain sensations become manifestations of diseases that are not directly related to the kidneys. In this regard, it is recommended that in the presence of pain, it is urgent to visit a urologist to identify her characteristics and prescribe the right treatment.
How is pain treated?
If the left kidney or kidney is on the right side, but the threat of stone formation is completely eliminated, the physician should establish the nature of the pain. With kidney pain, you should try to establish the characteristics of pain.
In the absence of threat of the appearance of stones, it is necessary to begin to identify the nature of the pain. Aching pains are characteristic for glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, renal tuberculosis, malignant tumors and benign tumors. The fever often speaks pyelonephritis.
Pains of a traumatic character almost always occur in diseases that are related to the rise in pressure in the abdominal cavity and the displacement of organs, or with nephroptosis. This ailment is often diagnosed in women bearing a child.
In order to confirm the doctor's presumption of diagnosis, he prescribes the surrender of general blood and urine tests. Also, if necessary, can be used: bacteriological culture of urine, roentgenographic examination of the kidneys, excretory urography.
This is important! Correct diagnosis allows the doctor to conduct appropriate therapy. With nephrolithiasis, it involves observance of special nutrition and treatment. Despite this, it is often necessary to organize an operation to remove concrements from the kidneys. In infectious disease, special medicines and phytocomplexes are prescribed to help treat the infection, reduce inflammation, and increase the tone of the urinary tract.
If a person has a pain in the kidney area, it is important to go to the doctor as soon as possible, because only he will help to make a correct diagnosis and conduct treatment. Temporarily, the pain is helped by spasmolytic medications and complete rest.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: