Gluten-free diet - lose weight and get rid of allergies
Apr 08, 2018
- Read the article:
- What is the essence and benefit of the gluten-free diet
- Gluten is obvious and hidden: allowed and forbidden products
- Gluten-free diet for weight loss: menus and recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Opinion of doctors about gluten-free and bezazein-free diet
The gluten-free diet has gained wide popularity only in recent years. And although initially it was created as a variant of therapeutic nutrition for people who are allergic to gluten or have a number of neuropsychiatric problems, today this food system is often chosen solely for the purpose of losing excess weight.
What is the benefit of the gluten-free diet ^
Initially, a gluten-free diet was developed for patients with celiac disease, a chronic intestinal disorder provoked by some types of cereals, which contain a gluten protein. And if earlier this problem was known only to a few, then today intolerance to gluten( the same gluten) is observed in 1% of the population around the world.
Gluten is a natural protein, which is a part of mainly cereal crops, such as wheat, rye, barley, oats. In addition, very often gluten is added to food products to give them a qualitatively new properties - flavor and splendor for bakery products, viscous sauces, ice cream, yogurt for long-term storage and some other types of products.
The harm of this protein for the body is that, moving along the small intestine, it is capable of damaging the villi located on the surface of its shell and participating in the movement of food through the intestines and digestion by the body. Thus, the human gastrointestinal tract causes irreparable harm, which can cause deadly risks for the life of the patient.
As a matter of fact, a gluten-free diet that completely eliminates gluten-free foods from the diet has become the only way to normalize bowel function and stop celiac disease, literally being an exceptional option for saving such a person's life. After all, gluten enteropathy is an autoimmune disease that can affect a variety of organs of human life.
In addition, some people also have individual hypersensitivity to gluten. This type of allergy is most often expressed in the following symptoms: chronic disorders, anemia and severe weight loss. After eating bread, such people often have physical discomfort, abdominal pain, flatulence. In its essence, this kind of allergic reaction is not deadly( unless it causes an anaphylactic shock), but it can deliver a lot of inconvenience and anxiety to the human body.
To a special category of people for whom compliance with the diet with the exception of gluten becomes in fact a matter of life and death, people with symptoms of schizophrenia, autism and some other psycho-neurological diseases. Numerous scientific studies have long associated the occurrence of such disorders with gluten. A similar effect occurs with the use of casein, a milk protein. The fact is that both gluten and casein are metabolized into peptides, which in the healthy body are completely cleaved.
In people with schizophrenia and autism, for certain reasons, peptides do not lend themselves to complete cleavage and fall into the bloodstream. By acting on it in the brain cells, the peptides act on it like opium, causing the symptoms of mental abnormalities. That is why a gluten-free diet with autism without exaggeration very often becomes a chance of returning a sick child to normal development. In addition, gluten-free bezazeinovaya( BGBK) diet contributes to a significant weakening of symptoms of diseases in people with schizophrenia, dementia, mental retardation, multiple sclerosis.
Gluten plays an important role in the development of many other conditions, including asthma, dermatitis, infertility, Addison's disease, Parkinson's disease, Crohn's disease, lymphoma, melanoma, epilepsy, etc.
For those who want to lose weight, the gluten-free diet offers the following advantages over othersmethods of losing weight:
- weight loss by observing this system of nutrition is up to 3 - 4 kg of excess weight per week - with minimal effort;
- promotes active elimination of toxins from the body;
- this slimming program assumes a fairly balanced and varied diet with low sugar and calories;The
- gluten-free menu will not become too grueling for your body.
Gluten obvious and hidden: allowed and forbidden products ^
Explicit gluten is found in such cereal products as rye, wheat, oats, barley. Accordingly, the ban includes all products that include these cereals: bakery products, biscuits, cakes, all kinds of dough, flour, cereals, etc. In addition, from the use it will be necessary to exclude all meat semi-finished products with gluten additives - hydrolyzed protein of wheat. These include sausages, sausages, cutlets and many soy products.
Hidden gluten is found in foods that, at first glance, have absolutely no relation to cereals. It can be sweets, ice cream, morning breakfasts, sauces and other dressings, soups and french fries of industrial production, canned goods, bouillon cubes, beer, undistilled alcohol, cocoa, instant coffee, packaged teas, juices.
As a matter of fact, for those who are really vitally important in the issue of compliance with gluten-free food, there is only one recommendation - in the literal sense of the word, comb the composition of the purchased products, indicated on their labels.
What can you eat? To the approved products in the gluten-free diet are:
- vegetables, fruits, berries;
- fresh eggs;
- fresh meat;
- beans, seeds, natural nuts;
- gluten-free cereals and starch - buckwheat, amaranth, corn, potato starch, flaxseed, millet, soybeans, millet, rice, oatmeal labeled "Gluten Free";
- natural teas, cocoa and coffee;
- cream and vegetable oil;
- should also remember that gluten can be contained even in some vitamins and medications.
On sale today you can also find gluten-free flour, which will completely allow you to control the use of products made from it. Diversify the menu with this food system will help cereals, pastries, pasta, breakfast cereals without gluten.
Gluten-free diet for weight loss: menus and recipes ^
The gluten-free diet program, used solely for weight loss, is quite effective. With its observance, the loss of excess weight can be up to 4 kg per week. At the same time, which is very important, such results of a gluten-free diet for weight loss are achieved with a minimum of applied efforts.
The essence of the diet consists of 4 - 5 meals a day, the last meal should be no later than 18 hours. The slimming program itself does not determine any specific diet. The main thing in it is the rejection of gluten products. All the rest, the allowed types of products, can be combined according to personal preferences and consumed in any quantity necessary for saturation.
What can be included in the menu of the gluten-free diet:
- breakfasts: rice loaves, curd desserts, honey, rice porridge, natural cocoa, pastry from corn flour, omelette, kefir, fruit, pancakes made from buckwheat flour, sour cream, sour cream;
- lunches: pilaf, vegetable soups, meatballs, boiled rice, cutlets, chicken fillet, salads, baked potatoes or fish, beans, stews, pancakes made of buckwheat flour;
- snacks: baking from buckwheat or corn flour, fruit salads, natural nuts, baked apples, fruit jelly, boiled eggs;
- dinners: baked potatoes with brynza, vegetable salads with sour cream, potato pancakes, curd casserole, buckwheat or millet porridge.
We suggest you try to prepare several popular and useful recipes.
Salad from raw broccoli
- Ingredients: broccoli 400 g, corn oil 0.5 cup, apple vinegar 4 liters, evaporated cane juice 3 liters fresh ginger 1 liter, dried cranberries 1 cup sesame or pumpkin seeds/ 4 cups, salt.
- Broccoli is thoroughly washed. In one mixture, combine vinegar, oil, salt, ginger and sweetener, everything is mixed. Add broccoli, then cranberries and seeds. The dish is served chilled.
- Ingredients: chicken breasts without bones and skin - 2, olive oil - 1 tablespoon, corn oil - 2 tablespoons, apple cider vinegar -?glass, finely chopped celery - 0,5 glasses, finely chopped green pepper - 0,5 glasses, crumbled onions - 3 tablespoons.l, seasoning, salt, pepper.
- Chicken fried in olive oil, chopped in a blender. Put the chicken meat in a bowl, add to it oil, vinegar, celery, pepper, onions, seasoning. All mix. Salt and pepper - to taste. Serve chilled.
- Ingredients: cooked beans - 2 cups, chopped coriander - 1 glass, finely chopped shallots - 1, chopped tomato - 1, corn kernels - 0.5 cups, ground cumin - 0.5 tsp,juice from 1 lime.
- All ingredients are put in a bowl and gently mixed. Serve chilled.
- Ingredients: sweet pepper - 4, crushed beef or turkey - 200 g, tomato sauce - 2 cups, chopped garlic clove - 4, finely chopped onion - 1, raw buckwheat - 0,5 glasses, salt.
- The meat is fried in a medium saucepan, the fat is drained. Add the sauce, onion, garlic, seasonings and stew for 5 minutes. All spread in a large bowl, add buckwheat, mix. Fill the mixture with a mixture of peppers. In a preheated oven, bake peppers before browning.
Buckwheat pancakes with honey
- Ingredients: buckwheat groats - 1 glass, water - 2 cups, oil - 1 tablespoon, egg - 2, honey - 2 tablespoons, salt.
- Cook buckwheat, cool it. Eggs are beaten and added to buckwheat. There - honey. Everything is thoroughly mixed. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, pour in buckwheat mixture on it, cook pancakes from it. Serve with sour cream.
We also recommend that you read the lean diet for weight loss.
- Ingredients: ground almonds - 100 g, fine sugar - 200 g, ground rice or rice flour - 20 g, egg - 3.
- Almonds, sugar and rice are mixed, add 3 egg whites. The mixture is whisked well. Spread on a baking tray in batches, bake for 20 minutes.
The opinion of doctors on the gluten-free and bezazeinovoy diet ^
Reviews of specialists - dieticians about the gluten-free diet for weight loss are ambiguous, because not always this method leads to weight loss. Instead of products with gluten, soy, corn, buckwheat, rice are used, and with their uncontrolled absorption one can not not lose weight, but even recover. In addition, these foods are not more useful in terms of health. Instead of gluten, producers often put large amounts of fat and sugar syrup to avoid spillage of components, which is not a gift for the body.
The gluten-free diet itself is safe, but the rejection of cereal crops results in the exclusion of many vitamins and minerals from the diet. In this case, there may be a shortage of the following useful substances:
- thiamine( vitamin B1);
- niacin( vitamin B3);
- of folic acid.
Therefore, with the complete exclusion from the diet of gluten, it is vitally important to include the administration of multivitamin preparations. The consequence of the intake of a large amount of starchy-sweet carbohydrates can also be the development of fungal yeast infection in the body( simply put, candidiasis, or thrush), which can then become quite difficult to cope with.
In general, all doctors agree on one thing - if the need to comply with a diet is not caused by health problems, it is better to choose its sparing option with the use of certain products containing gluten.
Popularity of this method of losing weight in many ways was given by advertising with the participation of various show business stars. It is known that this diet was followed by Daniel Craig, Victoria Beckham, Rachel Weiss, Gwyneth Paltrow, and American presenter Elizabeth Hasselbek even devoted her book to a gluten-free diet.
We recommend that you watch the video of the famous children's doctor Komarovsky about whether gluten is really so terrible and harmful, as recently it has been often written in the media: