Causes of hemorrhoids in women and men
About half of the inhabitants of our country are familiar with such an unpleasant disease as hemorrhoids. According to the statistics, the majority of cases occur in people aged 20 to 50 years. Nevertheless, even to modern specialists it is not clear until the end of what hemorrhoids appear.
As the most likely cause of such a pathology, doctors often highlight vein weakness and / or varicose veins. In addition, it is possible that a strong pressure in the abdominal cavity causes frequent edema of the veins, which makes them more sensitive. As for the already existing disease, the causes of exacerbation of hemorrhoids mostly depend on the lifestyle of a particular person.
According to most experts, the diet plays a major role in the development and prevention of this disease. It is noted that people who consume large amounts of fiber-rich food suffer much less from hemorrhoids than those who prefer to consume processed foods. The lack of fibers or liquid in the diet can cause constipation, contributing to the development of this disease.
Causes of hemorrhoids that do not depend on a person
The risk of the appearance of this disease depends on the propensity to it, and it, in turn, is due primarily to a genetic predisposition, the influence of which increases over the years. It has been scientifically proven that the weakness of the venous walls can be transmitted by inheritance. Therefore, people whose close relatives are already familiar with this problem are more likely to become proctologist patients for the same reason under certain conditions.
It should be noted that although with a disease such as hemorrhoids, the causes of the onset are difficult to determine, a combination of hereditary predisposition with some other factors makes it possible to predict the likelihood of its occurrence.
Much importance in this case is of age. So, the older the person, the less elasticity is the walls of his vessels, which can provoke the development of the disease. It is for this reason that hemorrhoids are uncharacteristic for children and are very common in middle-aged and elderly people.
Genetic predilection and age are the reasons for the appearance of hemorrhoids, not subject to human. However, diseases to which there are hereditary prerequisites, can manifest only under certain conditions. Therefore, the doctors identify and other factors that provoke the emergence of hemorrhoids.
Causes of hemorrhoids in women
Among the factors that provoke the emergence of this pathology, there are certain reasons that are characteristic only of the fair sex:
- , most of the women's professions are associated with prolonged stays on the legs or sitting, which leads to stagnation of blood in the lower extremities and smallpelvis;
- modern ladies feel at the wheel as confidently as men, which makes the refusal to walk and a strong restriction of motor activity for them is as relevant as for men;
- because of greater emotionality, women are more likely to experience stress, therefore, the psychological causes of hemorrhoids usually cause the disease to develop in them;
- striving for an ideal figure and frequent diets often cause stool disorders, and constipation is one of the most common causes of hemorrhoids;
- in women due to natural physiological processes, there is a periodic inflow of blood to the pelvic organs and the overflow of blood vessels, which creates favorable conditions for the appearance of the disease;
- another specific cause of female hemorrhoids is pregnancy and childbirth, since in this condition the growing uterus presses on the blood vessels of the small pelvis, contributing to prolonged stagnation of blood. And, although the causes of hemorrhoids during pregnancy are clear, it is impossible to prevent its occurrence;
- for modern women is also relevant, such a cause of the disease as weight lifting.
How does the disease manifest in men?
Certain causes of the disease in men coincide with the factors that provoke its development in women, but there are also those that are characteristic only of the strong half of humanity:
- constipation, acting as the main provocateurs of hemorrhoids, are more common in men due to their eating habits;
- excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages is also more of a male cause of the disease. Alcohol enhances the filling of the pelvic veins with blood, which contributes to stagnation and the formation of hemorrhoids;
- weight lifting even in the modern world is considered an important provocateur of hemorrhoids in men - they not only are more often engaged in heavy physical labor, but also raise dumbbells and barbells in gyms;
What causes hemorrhoids - important points
Recent research by modern specialists in this field led them to the conclusion that the development of hemorrhoids is caused by two main factors. In this case, both the causes of external hemorrhoids, and internal, often are the same.
The first factor here is vascular, in the presence of which there are violations of the regulation of inflow and outflow of blood, which causes it to stagnate in vessels placed in the rectum. By omitting specific medical details, this can be briefly explained - the dysfunction of the vessels that occurs with this disorder, causes dystrophic changes and the gradual development of the disease.
This occurs as a result of a sedentary lifestyle, frequent constipation, inflammation of the rectum, and the abuse of laxatives. There is a thinning of the walls of the blood vessels of the rectum, cracks appear, through which an infection can enter the body, which is the cause of inflammation of the hemorrhoids.
The second factor is mechanical, where the main agents of the development of the disease are unfavorable factors that stretch the longitudinal muscle that keeps the hemorrhoidal nodes inside. For mechanical reasons, causing the appearance of hemorrhoids include persistent blunt injuries in the rectum in drivers, anal sex, and persistent heavy physical activity.