Oxalic acid in the human body
Mar 07, 2018
In humans, oxalic acid can play asgood, and a bad role, so it is very important to understand all of its qualities and find out what products it contains.
Oxalic acid in the human body: harm and benefit ^
Oxalic acid belongs to the group of organic acids and is a crystalline white substance soluble in water. It was first discovered in the 1820s.physicist from Germany Friedrich Wöhler, but in kind it is found in products.
In general, there are two sources of oxalic acid in the body:
- Chemical: for example, diketogulonic acid;
What is the benefit of oxalic acid for human
This acid stimulates the muscles and nervous system, but it is useful only if the products with it are consumed fresh - then it is organic. After thermal processing of food, it passes into a group of inorganic, and can cause harm.
Oxalic acid is best interacted with calcium in an organic form: it assists in its absorption, stimulates intestinal peristalsis, as a result of which a person stops torturing constipation.
If it is applied with calcium in an inorganic form, it can be damaging: in the body its oxalate salts are formed, which initiate the formation of stones and the appearance of joint diseases.
There are other facts that help to understand why oxalic acid is dangerous:
- Oxaluria can occur if oxalic acid is not metabolized, releasing large quantities of urine together with urine: this, in turn, increases the likelihood of developing obesity, diabetes and liver diseases;
- When the concentration of inorganic oxalic acid is exceeded, stones form in the urine;
- If a person suffers from kidney disease, it is strictly contraindicated products rich in oxalic acid, or at least should be limited.
Disruption of oxalic acid metabolism: causes of
Most often, this problem appears in association with urolithiasis, and several factors contribute to this:
- Poor quality drinking water with a high calcium content;
- Too hot or cold climate;
- Incorrect food;
- Lack of vitamins;
- Diseases of the digestive tract.
The greatest problem is the diathesis of shchevelevakis, in which a precipitate is formed in the urine from the acid and calcium compound, and eventually this leads to the formation of stones. To eliminate the disease, it is necessary to limit the intake of oxalic acid and its synthesis sources, otherwise it can only aggravate the condition.
Products containing oxalic acid: List ^
Before you know where oxalic acid is found, you need to familiarize yourself with the conclusions of the physicians about its dosage: the presence of the acid should not exceed 50 mgon 100 g of food.
Which products contain oxalic acid: drinks
All known drinks - tea and coffee - contain this chemical compound. For example, in green or white tea, it is present in amounts up to 12 mg, in herbal - 0.84 mg, and in coffee - up to 30 mg.
Oxalic acid in food products: fruit
Among all fruits, the greatest health benefits are provided by the following:Sour Apples: In addition to acid, they contain vitamins and other substances that accelerate metabolism and stimulate intestinal motility;
Vegetables containing oxalic acid
When drawing up your menu, you should turn on beets, eggplants, green beans, pumpkin, potatoes, green peppers, turnips, zucchini, tomatoes. On the other hand, they are contraindicated for those who suffer from kidney stone or cholelithiasis.
What products contribute to the excretion of oxalic acid salts from the body
When forming oxalate stones, it is recommended to plan your diet from such products:
- of the Grapes;
- Sweet apples.
To ensure the leaching of the body, you need to use prunes and dried apricots.
What drinks help in this case:
- Morse, compotes of dried fruits;
- Vegetable and fruit fresh juices;
- Birch and mountain ash juices - limited;
- Infusions of peppermint, horsetail, dill, sporis, grape or strawberry leaves;
- Essentuki №20 or №4.
The most effective for removing oxalic acid from the body is compote from fresh dogwood( 1000 grams of cornel, 800 grams of sugar, 500 ml of water: cook for 45 minutes, take 400 ml per day).
In addition, you can successfully apply for this leaves of black currant or grapes. But the following products( see the table below: the amount of acid is given in milligram-percent-mg% or, which is the same, in mg / dL) with oxalate stones should be avoided, since the latter contain the same oxalic acid.
A wider list of oxalic acid content in products: table
In which foods are a lot of oxalic acid: the reviews of doctors ^
To get rid of oxalates and reduce the level of oxalic acid in the blood, you must adhere to a few simple rules:
- Before consuming leafy vegetables, it is necessary to hold them for several minutes in boiling water;
- Try to balance the calcium and acid content by eating the first-element rich foods;
- Drink plenty of water, best of all - therapeutic mineral water;
- Limit the intake of vitamin C in the body - it increases the acid performance.