Useful and harmful properties of watermelon
Mar 04, 2018
- Thiamine( vitamin B1).This vitamin is involved in the processes of protein synthesis and the formation of muscle fibers in the process of metabolism. The lack of regular inflow of this vitamin into the human body can cause severe forms of diseases, muscular dystrophy and lesions of the nervous system.
- Riboflavin( vitamin B2).It participates in the formation of erythrocytes, antibodies to various diseases, in the regulation of growth, supports the reproductive functions of the body, affects the normal growth of hair, nails, regulates the functions of the thyroid gland.
- Ascorbic acid( belongs to the vitamins of group C).This substance effectively strengthens the protective mechanisms of the human body, stimulates the formation of stable immunity to diseases of the catarrhal type, helps maintain an excellent energy tone in the event that the body is exposed to significant physical and intellectual stress.
- Retinol. This element lays the foundation for the smooth functioning of the human eye, nourishes and strengthens the cornea and the retina of the eye.
- Vitamin D. This vitamin regulates the metabolic processes in the human body. It affects the synthesis of certain hormones, promotes the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the intestine, affects the stable development of teeth and bone skeleton.
- Carotene. This substance suppresses the concentration of free radicals, which protects the body cells from destruction and stimulates the immune mechanisms of the response in the human body.
- Phosphorus. This microelement is vital for stabilizing the functioning of the brain, generating and updating bone tissue.
- Lycopene. Extremely useful substance, the strongest antioxidant, protecting body cells from oxidative stress and destruction of cells by free radicals. It also prevents mutations and the formation of cancer cells in the human body. Lycopene plays an important role in preventing the development of cardiovascular diseases. Another of its functions is to protect the retina, lens, yellow spot from photon damage.
- Nicotinic acid. This chemical compound has an extremely healthy effect on capillaries( smallest blood vessels).It makes blood less dense, preventing the development of thromboses, improving cerebral circulation, helps to remove toxins from the body, causes a decrease in the level of cholesterol in the blood and the possibility of the appearance of cholesterol deposits in the blood vessels.
- Folic acid. This combination is extremely important for the female body in that fascinating period when a lady carries into a nascent new life. It has a favorable effect on the allocation of mother's milk during the lactation period, to a large extent affects its taste, nutrient density and production volumes.
- Zinc. Seeds of watermelon, in addition to vitamin D, contain a considerable percentage of zinc. That is why their use normalizes the work of the prostate gland. Very effectively improves the sexual functions of men, promotes the maximum absorption of retinol and the processing of alcohol in the liver, increases the level of sperm production, stimulates their activity, improves the quality of sperm, which provides a decent level of male potency. Therefore, watermelon is, was and will be the true companion of every man, a reliable assistant of women.
- Iron. It is an essential component in the process of hematopoiesis. Especially important is the high level of iron in the body of a woman at the time of menstruation, because a woman experiences significant blood loss. The use of watermelon or melon perfectly maintain the necessary level of iron and minimize the negative consequences of "critical days".
- Potassium. This microelement underlies the maintenance of mechanisms for the smooth functioning of skeletal muscles, as well as the most important muscle - the heart( myocardium).
- Magnesium. This microelement takes part in providing the human body with the energy necessary for normal vital activity, motor and intellectual activity, the synthesis of proteins serving as a building material for muscle tissue of the human body. It supports the nervous system of a person and the myocardium in a normal state and tone, promotes the excretion of slags, cholesterol, provides the necessary amount of bile, and has a beneficial effect on intestinal motility.
- Silicon. From the level of this element in the body, the normal state of the hair and nails largely depends. It maintains in optimal condition the human nervous system, digestive organs, cerebral cortex and other organs, no less important. Pectins and dietary fiber. Passing through the digestive tract, these substances lead to muscle tonus of the large intestine. Stimulate peristalsis, making the stool regular, and its consistency - normal. They also successfully combat dyspepsia, bloating, flatulence, weight in the stomach, prevent fermentation processes and stagnant phenomena, than they have the most beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Selenium. This microelement is extremely important for the human body. It participates in a variety of metabolic processes involving fats, proteins and carbohydrates, interacts with vitamins, enzymes, cell membranes. Also it is a part of proteins and muscle tissue of the myocardium, it is an integral component of more than thirty vital biological compounds in the body. Promotes the effective absorption of iodine and retinol.
For sure, today it is not so easy to find a man who would be indifferent to the watermelon. The aroma of crispy, juicy, sweet pulp of this berry makes you tremble your nostrils and salivate almost everyone who has ever tried this miracle before. This native from South America took a solid place among gastronomic favorites of the peoples of the post-Soviet space.
Traditionally, as the New Year we were associated with mandarins, and the end of summer was firmly associated with the taste of watermelon and melon. The eyes are burning, the mouth and hands are smeared with red sticky flesh, but in the shower there is so much pleasure and happiness that it is not spoiled even by every minute "shoots" to the toilet in a small way. What do we know about the marvelous green striped berry?
- Valuable properties of watermelon
- Harmful consequences of using watermelon
- Advice on choosing
Valuable properties of watermelon
Until recently, it was widely believed that nothing special about this melon culture is different. However, recent studies have shown that watermelon has a number of useful and valuable properties. The structure includes the following components:
Organic acids, which are part of the watermelon, have a positive effect on digestive processes and metabolism. In addition, watermelon is recommended to eat with the following diseases:
- Urolithiasis. The components that make up the watermelon contribute to the dissolution of the stones. And diuretic properties accelerate the excretion of sand from the human body. True, this process can be extremely painful and painful. Therefore, one should not eat too much watermelon at a time.
- Cardiovascular diseases. Watermelon nourishes the heart with potassium and magnesium, cleans vessels of cholesterol deposits.
- Edemas. Diuretic properties of the melon culture allow you to quickly remove excess fluid from the body, eliminating the swelling of body tissues.
- Anemia. Iron in the watermelon increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood, preventing the occurrence of anemia.
- With fevers - to remove the infection from the body as quickly as possible( with the help of urine).
- Pyelonephritis, cystitis. Watermelon does not cause irritation of the urinary tract, easily dissolving salts, painlessly removing them from the body.
- Poisoning. With such diseases, watermelon quickly removes all toxins from the body and facilitates the patient's condition.
- With insufficient lactation. High levels of fluid, combined with folic acid, just do wonders with lactation. The volumes of milk produced grow rapidly, so be careful to avoid excessive production and lactostasis afterwards.
- For non-healing wounds, the pulp of watermelon or fermented juice helps a lot.
- And also gout, hypertension, arthritis, diabetes and other diseases.
Watermelon seeds are a great anthelmintic remedy, they help with bleeding, dropsy, jaundice.
Watermelon peel is dried and then can be stored for a long time. Used as a diuretic, anti-edema, cardiothoracic.
The pulp of watermelon can be used to apply rejuvenating, nourishing and moisturizing skin masks. It also perfectly fights with the manifestations of psoriasis and eczema.
Simple comparative analysis of watermelon and melon shows that each of the fruits is in its own way valuable for the human body. Undoubtedly, melon possesses a lot of useful substances and microelements. But one does not interfere with one another. You can perfectly combine the alternate use of these two products and get a double benefit from this.
Harmful consequences of drinking watermelon
Watermelon, with all its strengths and advantages, can cause significant harm to your body. Do not use watermelon if available:
- Problems with urinary tract and urinary tract.
- Diarrhea and colic. With diarrhea, you lose fluid at a rapid pace. A diuretic properties of watermelon will only accelerate this process, and will promote rapid dehydration of the body.
- There are stones of considerable size in the kidneys. Movement of these stones will give you many "pleasant" minutes with renal colic.
Sales of watermelons bring a good income, and you want to get it as quickly as possible. Therefore, many farmers engaged in the cultivation of watermelons, use in growing nitrogen fertilizers, artificially accelerating the growth and maturation of berries. Nitrates that enter the body, enter into a chemical reaction and form dangerous compounds for human health. Therefore, do not abuse watermelons, as well as give them to young children. To reduce the risk of consuming "charged" watermelons, it is best to purchase them during the natural ripening period, when farmers do not need to stuff them with any rubbish.
Tips for choosing
When buying watermelon, follow the recommendations:
- Do not take too little or the biggest watermelon. They contain 100% excess nitrates.
- Ask the seller for a certificate of sanitary control and carefully read it. In case of doubt, you should not buy a watermelon from him.
- Ripe watermelon has a dry tail on a convex place, an earth footprint on its side and a yellow patch( not white).
- "Nitrate" watermelon will have a smooth edge of the cut, and the normal - "krupchatyu."
- You can also throw a piece of pulp into a container of water. If the water turns red, the fruit is full of nitrates, if it just becomes dark - you can safely eat it.
The main thing is to approach the consumption of watermelon wisely. This will significantly reduce the chance of trouble. Be healthy!