Allergy to the sun: photos, symptoms and treatment, causes
They are traditionally referred to as photodermat and photodermatosis.
The results of medical research have shown that photodermat and photodermatosis are not the result of the influence of sunlight alone, because the allergen must contain a complete protein.
Therefore, sunlight is considered to be one of the factors that provokes the accumulation of a large number of allergens in people with certain problems of internal organs.
And it is common to treat rash and itch caused by exposure to the sun as a false allergic reaction, because there is no formation of antibodies in the blood serum.
The mechanism of sun allergy development
The sun's rays can not be an allergen in principle. But, it can be a catalyst for various aggressive reactions not only of immunity, but of the whole organism as well, manifested as:
- 1) Phototractive reaction is the result of a burn with excessive sunburn.
- 2) The phototoxic reaction is a consequence of the interaction of drugs or plants with ultraviolet radiation. The result is photodermatosis.
- 3) Photosensitization - allergy to the sun or photo allergy. The manifestation of pigmentation in people prone to allergies, even with minimal exposure to the sun.
For many people, UV protection through tanning is an effective tool. If the effect of sunlight on the skin is not prolonged and it has time to recover, since a natural defense mechanism can not be switched on immediately.
The degree of protection from ultraviolet radiation is associated with melanin pigmentation( skin color).The higher the percentage of melanin, the higher the degree of protection. This explains the fact that photodermatoses tend to be affected by people with fair skin who are sunbathing with difficulty or do not at all sunbathe.
Photosensitizers, including food products, various plant components or dosage forms, are a catalyst for the sensitivity of the body to ultraviolet radiation, which activate the immunity protest, and cause an aggressive response to stimuli in it. Inside the body, biologically active substances are formed - acetylcholine and histamine, which provoke a rash and itching, as an allergic manifestation.
On the speed of exposure photosensitizers are divided into two types - optional and obligate.
- 1) The optional species - provokes allergic manifestations very rarely, only in those cases when exposure to sunlight is more intense, and when the body is prone to allergic manifestations.
- 2) Obligatory appearance - causes a phototoxic reaction always, activates photosensitivity very quickly, in almost a quarter of an hour of exposure to the sun.
Causes of sun allergy
The provoking factors of polymorphic rash manifestation are quite diverse. Various diseases can act as a catalyst:
- liver disease and chronic kidney disease;
- GIT pathology and enzymatic insufficiency( pancreatic function disorder);
- of gallbladder disease and thyroid pathology;
- pathology of porphyrin( pigment) metabolism( porphyria, pigment xeroderma);
- helminthic invasion and parasitic infection;
- vitamin deficiency and uncontrolled intake of medications;The
- is a hereditary factor.
Drugs - individual antibiotics, tetracycline sulfonamide preparations, neuroleptics, fluoroquinolones and immunosuppressants.
See also, the causes and symptoms of food allergies.
Symptoms of sun allergy
An allergy to the sun, and its symptoms manifest as merging blisters, initially on the face, gradually spreading throughout the body. Cutaneous manifestations are often accompanied by:
- by the inflammation of the lip rim( cheilitis);
- is a manifestation of conjunctivitis;
- with blistering blisters with exudate and puffiness of skin areas is evidence of solar eczema.
Toxic photodermatosis is manifested by the sagging of the skin and its peeling. The skin becomes flabby and dry, hyperpigmentation develops, small blood vessels burst. With photophytodermatitis - the skin reddens significantly, irregular blisters appear, the body burns and itches. Hyperpigmentation is expressed by vague patterns.
First aid for solar allergy
The best remedy for sun allergy is a reasonable attitude towards it. But if it was not possible to avoid this - immediately consult a doctor. If this is not possible:
- should be abundantly lubricated with a solution of furacilin, watermelon juice or cucumber;
- Apply a mixture of beaten egg whites and cabbage juice to the skin;
- with a mixture of honey and water, lubricate the formed blisters;
- apply compresses from the decoction of marigold and string or strong, chilled black tea;
- the inflamed skin is lubricated with methyluracil ointment;
- after a meal it is desirable to take a tablet of nicotinic acid.
Treatment of sun allergy
The main task in the treatment of allergies to sun of various types is to reduce the effect of photosensitization. Therefore, the first tool in the treatment of such patients is the preparations of the photosensitizing series:
- preparations of quinoline series;
- para-aminobenzoic acid;
- natural antioxidants - vitamins A, E.
- of green tea or grape seeds;
- chamomile and ginkgo;
- of the bark of the seaside pine;
- of medicinal calendula and blue cornflower.
I weighed 92 kg! Fat went 3 kg a week! For this, I drank a glass before bed. ..
The nail fungus is afraid of this as a fire! If in cool water. ..
Varicose veins disappear in a few days! Just need to smear your feet once a day. ..
"Dedovskiy" method to quit smoking! In 7 days you will forget about cigarettes forever!