How to care for a car? Proper care of the car
May 04, 2018
Therefore, car care includes, first of all, such procedure as regular washing( at least once a month, and in rainy weather, sleet, slush - as far as contamination, up to daily washing), which should be carried out according to certain rules. If frequent visits to a car wash you can not afford, carefully study the rules of washing the car:
1. The body of the car is washed with warm water, which is added to the auto shampoo.
2. To wash the car use a brush with a soft dial. But from the usual rag or foam rubber sponge is better to refuse - they detain grains of sand, leaving traces on the surface and capable of damaging it.
3. The dirty body is wetted with water from a hose connected to a water tap.
4. Washing solution( water + auto shampoo) is applied with a brush, starting from the roof. The brush is washed off with water as it becomes soiled.
5. Thoroughly wash off the detergent traces so that the remnants of the auto shampoo do not damage the paint after it dries.
6. Wipe the car dry with a suede cloth to prevent water droplets from leaving white traces after drying.
7. The car is not recommended to be washed in the sun or immediately after a stop to avoid temperature differences.
8. The car is washed after each contamination( with an auto shampoo it can be used no more than once in 2 months, otherwise use normal water).
After washing, the car needs to be preserved, protecting the paint from the negative influence of external factors, which contributes to a longer preservation of the original color. Preservation is carried out with the help of detergent preservatives or wax water repellent layer.
For washing car windows, ammonia can be used, diluted in warm water, and a windscreen wiper( screed).Wipe dry the windows with a dry, dry cloth.
Caring for the upholstery
Caring for the car salon is an equally important stage. Covers on the seats, the upholstery of the seats, the ceiling, the doors also need to be cleaned. With a damp cloth, remove stains from the leather and plastic surfaces in the car's interior, vacuuming the vacuum cleaner and wipe the stains with an acetone-soaked napkin.
Deeper dirt can be removed with the help of special cosmetic products. They not only clean the treated surfaces, but also restore the structure, create a protective layer.
Corrosion of the body is one of the main fears of all motorists. Avoiding it completely is almost impossible, minimized - quite realistic. Care of the car in this matter is that the body must be constantly inspected for the presence of the first signs of corrosion, regularly washed and polished.
If you purchased a used car, anti-corrosion measures in this case will be more global. To do this you will need a metal brush, emery cloth, a wooden scraper, a brush, a white spirit, an anti-rust agent, a rust converter, rags.
First of all, you need to properly prepare the surface, clearing it of dirt and grease. To do this, the coating should be washed with a strong water jet. If it detects peeling, a metal brush and a wooden scraper will come to the rescue. Then it is necessary to clean the surface with emery cloth and degrease with white spirit.
If rust is found on the surface, the rust converter will help. This means in a few minutes will transform rust, allowing to apply to the treated surface without any problems anticorrosive agents( pastes, mastics).The latter are applied with a brush or spatula. Chromed parts are processed by the "Auto Cleaner of chrome parts"( using this car care product is limited to 4-6 times a year).
There are also modern methods of corrosion control - the use of "Rust - Stop" fluids that can pass through layers of rust, wax and bitumen coatings directly to "clean" metal. The use of this car care product gives a full guarantee that corrosion does not threaten your car. However, as always in such cases, the facility has one significant negative - a high price.
Proper maintenance of the car provides for compliance with certain conditions for its storage. The car should be stored in a dark, dry, well ventilated room at t from 5 ° C and a humidity level of 50-70%.If the car is stored in winter in a cold room, you should remove the battery and radio receiver that you need to store elsewhere. If sunlight penetrates into the room where the car is stored, it is necessary to cover the body and tires with a special liquid-permeable cover( so that moisture does not condense on the surface of the body).Before storage, the car must necessarily undergo washing, tinting of damaged surfaces( if any) and conservation.
Once every two months, you need to do the following:
1. Remove the spark plugs, turn on 4th gear, turn the front wheel 3-4 turns, tighten the candles.
2. Twist the steering wheel 1.5 turns in each direction. Operate( 5 times) the brake pedal, handbrake.
3. Fully depress the clutch pedal - 3 times.
Proper maintenance of the car will significantly prolong the life of your four-wheeled friend, will allow even years later to proudly look at the car, arguably arguing that he is "just like a new one."
The condition of the car depends largely on the proper care for it. After all, the body and interior of the car are regularly exposed to the negative effects of dust, dirt, rust and mechanical damage. If care of the car is not given due attention, it will soon lose its attractive appearance and will look like an old ruin. And how many problems will there be in trying to sell such a car in the future! How can I do so to extend the life of the car and keep it young?
Many motorists do not take mud seriously on the body. But it has the property of penetrating even inside the coating, causing him thereby harm. Such dirt is almost impossible to remove, it destroys the top layers of the coating, the paint.