Functional duties of a senior nurse
Apr 20, 2018
Job description of senior nurse
I. General part
The post of senior nurse is assigned to a person with secondary medical education from among the most experienced nurses on the proposal of the head of the department. The senior nurse is appointed and dismissed by the hospital's chief doctor in accordance with applicable law, reports to the head of the department, senior nurse of the hospital and follows the guidelines of the Nurses Council. The senior nurse obeys the middle and junior medical staff of the department. During vacation, illness, it is replaced by a ward or procedural nurse. In her work, the senior nurse is guided by this job description, the instructions of the senior hospital nurse, the head of the department, the chief doctor of the hospital.
1. Organizes the necessary care for patients on the basis of the principles of curative-protective regime and compliance with the rules of medical deontology.
2. Provides timely supply of medicines, medical instruments, inventory.
3. Organizes a rational placement of staff of secondary and junior medical personnel in the department.
4. Schedule the work of the average and junior staff and submit it for approval to the head of the department;the table of work of the personnel in the department as a whole.
5. Ensures the timely replacement of nurses and nurses who are not on the job;submits reports on absentees at work and on the release of personnel to work.
6. Requires from junior and middle medical personnel accurate, timely performance of duties, sensitive, attentive attitude towards patients, careful handling of medicines, instruments, linen and other property, adherence to medical secrecy.
7. Provides assistance to the personnel of the department in the organization of the treatment process.
8. Strictly monitors compliance with medical uniforms, compliance with internal regulations by patients and employees.
9. Supervises the work of nurses, immediately eliminating all the observed shortcomings, conducts systematic instruction of sisters and nurses and organizes practical exercises with them according to the approved plan.
10. Verifies the nurses' performance of the doctor's appointments, proper maintenance of the beds and bedside tables, hygienic care for the sick, as well as the sanitary condition of the chambers and other rooms.
11. Carries out the control on revealing of a pediculosis at entering in branch.
12. Verifies the correctness of the preparation of portions of food for patients.
13. Supervises the exact performance by staff and visitors of the established rules of the order of visiting patients.
14. Daily supervises the transfer of duty by middle and junior medical personnel and checks the correctness of patient care.
15. Ensures the timely receipt of medicines and tools for the needs of the wards and controls their respective distribution and expenditure.
16. Checks the availability and timely registration of the established documentation of patients discharged from the department.
17. Keeps strict records of receipt, storage, consumption of drugs, poisons, potent agents and other medications.
18. Daily controls the accuracy of accounting, storage and consumption of poisons, drugs, potent drugs and other medicines, alcohol and dressings in accordance with the current instructions at the posts.
19. Keeps records, storage and registration of sick leave sheets.
20. Keeps a record of the admission of patients and a journal of infectious diseases.
21. Prepares the documentation for the patient's discharge, if necessary, arranges transportation and an accompanying person.
• timely and accurate nursing appointments of the doctor;
• correct storage of patients' products, condition of refrigerators;
• performance of the curative-protective regime;
• safety and health of medical equipment;
• compliance with the sanitary control in the department;
• timely and proper nutrition of the patient;
• performance of work schedules for middle and junior medical staff;
• internal routine, labor discipline from the medical staff.
23. Raises its qualification in accordance with the established procedure.
The senior nurse has the right:
1. To improve one's professional qualification in the established order.
2. Give instructions to the nurse and monitor their implementation.
3. Obtain information necessary for the performance of their duties.
4. Represent the head of the department to the promotion of the best nurses and nurses and make proposals for imposition of disciplinary punishment.
5. To participate in the placement of personnel in the department.
6. Monitor the performance of nursing care by middle and junior medical staff.
7. Obtain information about the movement of patients from the doctor on duty.
IV.Responsibility of the
The senior nurse is responsible for the correctness of nurse appointments, compliance with the rules for storage, accounting and consumption of medicines, for compliance with internal regulations, the protective regime, for compliance with the sanitary and hygienic regime, for the proper management of medical records, for observance of work discipline. The personal responsibility of the senior nurse is determined in accordance with the current legislation.