Symptoms of diseases of the urinary system: tingling in the kidneys
For many people, soreness in the lumbar region and tingling in the kidneys are identical concepts. In part this is correct.
Pain formation mechanisms
For any part of the body, the formation of a feeling of pain occurs according to the general mechanisms:
- The irritating factor has an effect on pain receptors.
- The receptor membrane begins to change its electrical charge by selectively redistributing ions on different sides.
- Changing the charge leads to the formation of an electrical discharge and a nerve impulse.
- The nervous impulse from the receptor along the neural pathways goes to the sensory areas of the cerebral cortex.
- Treatment of nerve impulses in the cerebral cortex and the formation of a sense of pain.
This is important! Provoking factors can be any substances that have a mechanical, thermal and / or chemical effect on the tissue. Also, pain occurs when the normal balance of electrolytes on the painful receptor membranes is disturbed.
It is known that with regard to the kidneys, unpleasant sensations can occur when these factors act on the receptors of their capsules. The fact is that the renal tissue itself does not contain pain receptors.
Causes of tingling in the lower back of the
. It is not always pain in the lower back, or as many believe, a tingling in the kidneys, which does not always indicate a pathology of the vomiting system. Tingling in the lumbar region is associated with irritations of the receptors that are there. And in this place pain receptors are available in the following anatomical structures:
- of skin receptors and subcutaneous fat.
- Thoracic and lumbar spinal nerves.
- Tendons and fascia of the muscles of the waist.
- Fatty capsule of the kidneys.
- Connecting-tissue capsule.
- Ureteral sheath.
In connection with all of the above, tingling in the kidneys and stitching pain in the lower back can be caused by the pathologies of these structures:
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbar and thoracic spine. A distinctive sign of pain in the area of the projection of the kidneys in this pathology is the connection with movement. Simultaneously, painfulness is usually observed during palpation of the thoracic and / or lumbar spine.
- Inflammatory diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue. Stitching pain is less common for them. In addition, the skin in the lumbar region is changed: local redness, swelling.
- Injuries, muscle strain, myositis. Pain is always associated with movement, often with a aching or burning character. At rest, they have a constant aching or constant burning character.
- Diseases and pathologies of the kidneys. Differ a great variety of character pain. They can be, as are connected with the movement, and are not connected. They can be permanent and periodic. Therefore, with any pricking in the lumbar region, it is necessary to exclude kidney pathology.
The main pathologies of the kidneys, accompanied by stabbing pain:
- Inflammatory pathologies. The mechanism of pain is associated with two factors:
- First, inflammation leads to swelling of the tissues, which creates the conditions for mechanical pressure on the capsule receptors due to the fact that it does not have elasticity.
- Secondly, with inflammation there is a sufficient number of mediators - chemically active molecules formed during immune reactions. Due to their chemical activity, they act on the membrane of the receptors. In addition, inflammation is accompanied by a change in the acid-base balance of the environment. This creates conditions for changing the membrane potential. The main pathologies of this group are:
- Carbuncle of the kidney.
- Non-inflammatory diseases. The occurrence of pain due to them is caused either by mechanical action or by chemically active substances:
- Hydronephrosis. Pain occurs due to the presence of a pressure factor.
- Urolithiasis( more precisely - stone) causes pain due to mechanical pressure.
- Kidney infarction. Pain occurs as a result of the release of chemically active substances in ischemia and the disturbance of regulation of ionic streams through the membrane.