Nephrology: exercises with nephroptosis of the kidneys
A number of pathological conditions of the body can be successfully corrected not only with the use of medications or medical intervention. For example, exercises with nephroptosis of the kidneys of the first two stages can give no less effective result than a radical operation.
Brief description of the disease
The term nephroptosis, in the literal sense of the word, means the omission of the kidney. But it is used to describe a pathological condition in which the kidney has greater than normal mobility.
Normally, the kidneys are located on either side of the spinal column in the so-called kidney bed. This is a combination of connective tissue, subcutaneous tissue and muscles that form special spaces in the lumbar region. Here, the kidneys are located. Topographically, they( the kidneys) are between the XI thoracic and II lumbar vertebrae. Thus, each of them is 1/3 covered by the lower ribs. In this case, their displacement is not more than 1-2 cm normal. Exceeding these figures is already considered to be a nephroptosis.
There are 3 degrees of pathological mobility of the kidneys:
- First degree. Or the first stage of ptosis. The kidney descends lower beyond the costal arch. But still the upper pole is always in the region of the last edge.
- Second degree or second stage of ptosis. The entire body exits the code of the ribs and drops considerably below them. However, the kidney does not reach the pelvic bones, completely in the region of the lateral surface of the mesohastrium and iliac regions.
- Third degree of ptosis or stage. The kidneys are partially or completely lowered into the pelvis.
There are several reasons for this condition:
- Pregnancy. Especially multiplane pregnancy and polyhydramnios.
- Relatively fast weight loss.
- Injuries of the kidneys and lumbar region.
- Hereditary factors. They are relatively rare. Associated with the weakness of the natural mechanisms of kidney retention.
The main clinical manifestations of nephroptosis are pain in the lumbar region and the appearance of hematuria( blood in the urine).The latter is characteristic only of the last degree of severity. It is important to take into account the fact that all clinical manifestations of nephroptosis are almost always related to the position of the patient's body.
Treatment of nephroptosis
The main methods of treating nephroptosis include surgical correction and conservative treatment. The latter is especially shown in the first two stages and for the prevention of nephroptosis. Basically, it includes exercise therapy. Its main goal is to strengthen the kidney bed.
Important conditions for their implementation are:
- Load dosing.
- Individual selection of exercise complexes for each individual patient.
This is important! Any exercise in renal nephroptosis should begin with a gradually increasing load. It is important to remember that the appearance of pleasant sensations during their conduct should be a signal for their immediate cessation. Even if earlier such activities were calm and already well "known" to the body.
Physiotherapy in nephroptosis consists of two main complexes. This is the so-called starter complex and basic exercises. The first should always act as a debut for any patient and at any degree of ptosis. It includes a set of fairly simple exercises:
- Rises of straight legs in the position lying on the back.
- Slopes and turns in the standing and lying position.
- Pulling the legs to the body in the lying position.
Basic or basic set of exercises.only after full mastering of the initial. Most exercises are performed with high legs. The patient lies on his back.
For example, "plow", "stand on the shoulders", "bike upside down", "fish".The time of their execution should not exceed 15-25 minutes. And repeat the complex is not recommended more than 2-3 times per day.
Finishing exercises. Recommended as the last lessons. It is recommended that they complete physical therapy.
In any case, the most important is the regularity of classes, and not their intensity. Neither can one go on to more complex exercises without mastering the lungs!Like this article? Share with friends and acquaintances: