Why is kidney congestion formed: signs and methods of treating the disease
Hydronephrosis is the stagnation of urine in the kidneys and the expansion of the cavity of the renal system and calyces. It is the misalignment of urine that causes the formation of the disease.
Basically, hydronephrosis affects female representatives. And in the male body, the main causes of the development of pathology is oncology of the prostate, stricture of the urethra. In young men, the disease is provoked by the formation of kidney stones.
Symptoms and symptoms of urinary stagnation
The main symptoms of the development of urine stagnation include the following:
- Kidneys increase in size and become much heavier than the organ in normal state. The kidneys take a blue-red hue.
- Begins the fatty degeneration of kidney substance.
- Yellow spots appear.
- The tension of the capsule of the kidney occurs.
- Venous pattern is much clearer.
- The evenness of the kidneys surface is broken - due to a heart attack or wrinkling of connective tissues.
- In the section of the kidneys, the fatty degeneration of the cortex can be seen, which takes a yellowish hue, the brain substance is slightly darker and therefore excels well.
- Enlarged glomeruli differ from nearby tissue with red spots.
- With prolonged stagnation, atrophy of the kidney substance begins and its subsequent replacement with a connective tissue.
Urine stagnation can be chronic or acute. In acute hydronephrosis, patients complain of the following health problems:
- Severe pain in the lower back.
- Pain sensations of varying strength in the abdomen, which become stronger after eating. The pain radiates to the organs of the reproductive system. Periodic nausea with vomiting.
- Increased body temperature.
- The appearance of blood in the urine.
This is important!
Chronic congestion in the kidney mostly does not cause any symptoms. Sometimes there is a gradual increase in the symptoms of acute hydronephrosis.
Treatment of urine stagnation in the kidneys
Prolonged course of the disease over time significantly impairs the functioning of the kidneys and provokes the manifestation of kidney failure.
Stagnation of urine in the kidneys causes serious consequences, such as:
- formation of calculus;
- spread of inflammation in the body - this can lead to death;
- secondary organ size reduction;
- increase in blood pressure.
This is important! Do not delay the treatment of the disease. In order to reduce pain and prevent kidney infection, infection requires antibacterial therapy and the taking of pain medication. With the goal of normalizing urine leakage, surgical as well as instrumental intervention is required. The choice of method depends on the causes that caused stagnation.
Methods of treatment of stagnation
- Catheterization in the bladder. It is organized by the simultaneous development of malignant or benign formation in the prostate gland, as well as with sclerosis of the cervix in the bladder. Using the ureteral stent, the ureter narrowing is widened. Subsequently, the patient is prepared for the introduction of an endoscope and the implementation of retrograde pyelography.
- Percutaneous nephrectomy. The external drainage to the renal cavity is controlled by ultrasound. Due to drainage, urine enters external collection systems. This method is organized when it is impossible to put a ureteral catheter or stent.
- Open surgery. There are special indications for the operation:
- fibrosis in the space behind the peritoneum;
- aneurysm in the aorta;
- concrements in the kidneys, which can not be eliminated by endoscopic methods or by shock wave lithotripsy;
- is a tumor process in the space behind the peritoneum.
- Endoscopic intervention. It is used when detecting stones that interfere with the passage of urine. Stagnation of urine in the kidneys can occur in the third trimester of pregnancy. Such a process is correlated with strong mechanical pressure of the uterus on the ureter, in connection with which, there is an increase in the concentration of progesterone. But after the birth the illness passes.