What is an atypical kidney cyst?
Atypical kidney cyst is a neoplasm with a disturbed structure. The definition of an atypical cyst for doctors means that the neoplasm is equipped with septa.
cyst formation According to doctors, the cyst is a violation of the kidney structure. It is a round neoplasm that is confined to a special capsule of connective tissue. The inside is filled with a clear liquid of lemon yellow color. All cysts are classified into groups according to their size, in practice, neoplasms up to 2 cm in diameter are more common. If the size does not exceed 6 cm, the patient does not feel its presence, and it does not provoke pain.
The need for removal of cystic neoplasm appears under the following conditions:
- Pain sensations in the kidney area.
- Neoplasm strongly squeezes the kidney and prevents it from working normally.
- Negatively affects blood pressure.
- There are suspicions of converting a cyst to an oncological disease.
Implementation of effective measures for diagnosis of the disease
In the process of diagnosing a physician should take into account the patient's complaints. When forming multiple formations in the kidneys during palpation, it is enlarged in size, has a bumpy surface.
Laboratory diagnostics establishes:
- Anemia, a decrease in protein concentration, an increase in the concentration of creatinine and urea in the blood.
- Hematuria in the urine, the presence of hyaline cylinders in it, a decrease in the specific gravity of urine.
The main way to diagnose with an atypical cyst is an ultrasound examination of the kidneys. This method helps to identify the location, size, number of tumors, the ratio of cysts and their effect on nearby organs.
If necessary, X-ray methods are used - excretory urography or angiography.
Treatment for cystic neoplasm
Drug therapy for the treatment of cysts has been developed so far. It can be eliminated only through surgical intervention.
This is important! Removal of an atypical cyst is organized in different ways. With a small amount of cyst, the most popular method is a puncture. The operation is carried out under the strict control of ultrasound rays and consists in the complete pumping out of the internal contents of their cavity of the cyst. Instead of the internal fluid, a substance is introduced into the cystic tumor, which is intended for gluing the walls.
With a simultaneous violation of blood flow in the kidney, the retention of urine develops - in this situation the cavity operation is best. In this case, the cyst itself with caution is allocated by the doctor, and then is removed. During cutting, the doctor must prevent damage to other nearby tissues.
Most often, these operations are organized with the help of an endoscope, when there are no bright manifestations of violations of the kidneys. Also, the operation can be performed with optical equipment. The implementation technology is very simple, but requires the experience and skills to be used for the subsequent introduction of optics through small incisions on the back and abdomen. The described method makes it possible to remove the cystic neoplasm very carefully, post-operative recovery takes a little time, so it passes quickly.
This is important! The cyst can be stung from any area of the kidney, whatever it is, and at any size. In addition, endoscopy equipment helps to display the image on the monitor screen during the operation. This nuance allows the doctor to better visualize the cyst and kidney, make the operation less traumatic and protect the patient from getting complications.
If the operation is incorrectly organized or if there are other negative factors after surgery, the following complications may occur:
- A ruptured cystic neoplasm in the kidney.
- Formation of suppuration of cystic neoplasm - in case of infection in the contents of the cyst.
- Increase in arterial pressure over normal.
- Hydronephrosis transformation of the kidney - that is, expansion of the collecting renal cavities.
- Kidney failure is a decrease in the ability of the body to produce urine.
- Kidney stones.
- Malignization of a complex cystic neoplasm - that is, its transformation into an oncological tumor.
- Atrophy of the organ - with a rapid increase in the size of the cyst, the compression of the renal parenchyma is formed and the blood flow in it is disturbed, so a scar is formed.
Prevention measures in the formation of the renal cyst
If you follow some simple rules, you can prevent the formation and complication of cystic kidney disease:
- Failure or reduction of exposure to harmful factors in the body of a pregnant woman - smoking, alcohol, drugs, stressful situations, etc.
- Hike a woman to a specialist in the period of bearing a child - at first once, then twice and at the end of the period - three times a month, and carrying out an ultrasound examination.
- Timely implementation of the placement of the future mother in the women's consultation - approximately the fourth month of pregnancy.
- Planning a woman's pregnancy.