What is the hypotonia of the kidneys? Causes, Symptoms and Treatment of Disease
Diseases of the genitourinary sphere occur for various reasons, and a violation of the formation and extraction of urine can lead to complications. Hypotonia of the kidneys, or more precisely, hypotension of the kidneys of the kidneys, refers to diseases that can be caused by both functional and organic changes in the structure of the kidneys and urinary tracts.
As a rule, the kidney itself consists of a huge number of nephrons, in which, in fact, urine is formed after filtering the urine. The renal pelvis is a muscular organ and a peculiar cavity, where the urine is "sucked" because of the natural negative pressure. At the same time, urine from the renal papillae enters the calyx of the kidney, and then into the renal pelvis.
With a decrease in tone, there is a violation of the separation of urine, stagnation in the pelvis of the kidneys, and as a result, various complications( pyelonephritis, pyeloectasia and others).The causes that cause this condition are as follows:
- The change in the hormonal balance in the body that occurs during periods of hormonal adjustment - the adolescent transition period, the period of pregnancy, and the climacteric period( the time of extinction of sexual functions).
- Some medications that can cause hormonal changes in the body.
- Acute and chronic infections in the body, causing a general intoxication in the body.
- Patient's long standing in a horizontal position due to illness.
- Congenital hypotension of pelvis.
- Hypotension of the stomach, which can provoke the appearance of hypotonia of the kidneys.
- Prolonged nervous overstrain and stressful situations.
- Violation of the nervous regulation from the central nervous system.
- Mechanical trauma of the upper urinary tract.
- Anatomico-physiological individual features of the body.
The process of hypotension can be either one-sided or two-sided.
Symptoms of kidney hypotension
Decreased tone and urine flow from the kidneys to the ureter( hypokinesia) may not appear as clinical signs or symptoms.
Hypotension of the renal pelvis does not disturb the process of urination and does not cause difficulties. Usually, this pathological condition of the kidneys is detected during the passage of ultrasound, which shows pyeloectasia or pyelonephritis.
Very often, these complications occur in disorders of the nervous regulation of the bladder, which can be congenital. Usually, such neonates have underdevelopment of the muscular layer of the renal pelvis and a decrease in tone. Such patients are shown observation and repeated passage of ultrasound in a few months.
In parallel, urinalysis is performed to detect pathology( protein, salt, microorganisms) in it to identify the possible cause of the disease. If in a few months the kidney condition is unchanged, then a deeper examination is carried out.
Treatment and therapy
For correct and successful treatment it is very important to find out the causes that cause this condition. So, for example, if the cause of the disease is a nervous overstrain, then for treatment it is enough to eliminate all the negative factors, so that within a few weeks the condition of the kidneys of the kidneys returned to normal.
Special attention is paid to such complications as pyeloectasia, which causes hypotension of the renal pelvis. The increase in the size of the renal pelvis is due to the difficulty of pushing the urine out of the pelvis into the ureters. Treatment is carried out in some cases, surgery, as an increase in the pelvis can cause another complication - hydronephrosis, which occurs due to the compression of the kidney.
If a condition such as kidney hypotension occurs during pregnancy, the woman is simply observed and re-examined after childbirth for several months.