Herbs in menopause - Causes, symptoms and treatment. MF.
Menopause or menopause is the complete cessation of menstruation in a woman as a result of cessation of ovarian function. Depending on the cause that led to the cessation of ovarian function, menopause is divided into natural and artificial. Natural menopause occurs in connection with a natural decrease in the stock of follicles in the ovaries. It occurs usually at the age of 45-55 years, but in some cases it happens earlier( from 40 to 45 years) and later( after 55 years).At the onset of menopause up to 40 years, they speak of the syndrome of ovarian malnutrition. Artificial menopause comes with the removal of both ovaries, under the influence of radiation, as a result of exposure to drugs.
Menopause is spoken of when at least 12 months without menstruation have passed since the last menstrual period. Also, in gynecology, the following periods associated with menopause are accepted:
• the premenopausal period that lasts from the beginning of irregular menstruation to the last menstruation
• the perimenopause period lasting from the end of the last menstruation and 12 months after
• the postmenopause period beginning in a yearafter the last menstruation
The periods of premenopausal and menopause( perimenopause and postmenopause) are combined under the name menopause.
For the establishment of menopause, the following studies should be performed:
• Ball score of climacteric syndrome symptoms with the help of the Kupperman
index • biochemical blood test( creatinine, ALT, ASAT, AP, glucose, bilirubin, cholesterol, triglycerides)
• LH,TSH, FSH, testosterone in the blood
• lipid spectrum of blood( HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, VLDL cholesterol, atherogenicity index)
• cytological examination of cervical smears in the Pap smear
• mammography to2 years
pelvic ultrasound •
blood pressure control
goals of herbal medicine 1. Regulation of the hormonal background
2. Decreased emotional lability and irritability
3. Metabolic acceleration
4. Recovery of vitamin and mineralbalance
5. Enhancement of the immune status
Herbs and fees for menopause
What herbs and doses are used, how to brew, the dosages, the duration of the course of treatment, when you can repeat the course of treatmentmenopause? On the phytotherapy department of the PFUR, the following treatment algorithm is proposed:
• Gathering( gr):
Grass mountaineer birdie 20.0
Angustifolia flowers 20.0
Nettle nettle leaves 15.0
Ashberry fruits 30.0
Grass, schizonepta 20,0
Cinnamon rosehole 20,0
Preparation: 2 g of collection pour 200 ml of boiled water. To insist 30 minutes in a thermos, take 1/3 cup of infusion 3 times a day in a warm form( not sweetening) 30 minutes before eating. Duration of admission is a month.
• Collection( parts):
Rhizome roots of marsh 2
Herb grass 2
Nettle nettle leaves 4
Root of drug lace 2
Blackcurrant leaves 4
Roots and rhizomes of licorice naked 3
Yarrow of common yolk 2
Hop of common horn 2
Methodpreparation: 2 g collection pour 200 ml of boiled water. To insist 30 minutes in a thermos, to take in the second half of the day in a warm state. The duration of admission depends on the duration of the normal menstrual cycle and is 21-35 days. The break between receptions is an infusion of 3-5 days, depending on the number of menstrual cycle days a woman.
• Vilarin 1 tablet in the morning and in the afternoon. The course of treatment is 1 month.
• Stimbipid 1 tablet 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
• Fitovonosed 2 ml 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
• With general weakness and asthenodepressive conditions, tinctures of aralia, leuzea, sediment 20-40 drops in the morning and afternoon with a small amount of water, it is better to take them before meals.
• With increased excitability, insomnia, etc.appoint: tincture peony 40 drops 3 times a day, tincture of calendula 1 teaspoon for a reception with warm water 2-3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
The medicines listed above( tinctures) should be alternated every 10 days, the general course is 1-3 months.
Aromatic baths( 36 ° C) with addition of water in the mixture( ml):
• Collection No. 1( gr):
valerian tincture 30,0
extract of thyme creeping 20,0
Duration of bathing 8-15 minutes, course 3-6 baths
• Collection number 2( gr):
Grass oregano 10.0
Leaves of coltsfoot 15,0
Peppermint leaves 15.0
Sage leaves 15,0
Herbaceous motherwort 20,0
Herb camomile herb 20,0
Pine shoots 15,0
Bath collection is prepared as follows: Take 100 grams of collection, pour 2 liters of boiling water, insist in a warm place for 2 hours, then strain and add 500 ml of infusion into a bath in water( 36 ° C).The duration of the bath is 8-15 minutes, the course is 3-6 baths.
• 100 gr: horsetries
leaves of nettle
50 g: leaves mint
roots of dandelion
petals cornflower blue
By 5 gr: herb honeycomb medicinal
All the components of the collection are mixed, take 1 teaspoon of collection, pour 1 cup of boiling water, insist 30 minutes. Drink in a warm form before going to bed. Duration of admission is 1 month.
• Take 3 teaspoons of Budra grass and 1 teaspoon of herb letter, pour collection of 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 5 minutes. Take it in a warm 3 times a day. Duration of admission is 1 month.
The course of phytotherapy is selected individually depending on the portability and the expected effect. It is better to choose therapy under the supervision of a doctor, relying on the recommended treatment.
Contraindications of herbs in menopause
Phytotherapy in menopause is contraindicated if:
1. The patient has allergic reactions to components of charges.
2. The patient has allergic reactions that occur during treatment with phytotherapeutic drugs.
3. As the only therapy for severe conditions, such as: pronounced psychoemotional excitability, increased irritability, tachycardia, arrhythmia, unstable blood pressure, etc.
4. In case of incomplete examination: many factors can lead to the termination of menstruation, such as weight loss, hormonal disorders, infectious diseases, neoplasms, etc. And of course, pregnancy! Inspection is necessary!
Phytotherapy can be used, but with caution:
1. For self-treatment.
2. If the patient's condition worsens. Only the doctor will be able to tell what the deterioration in this patient is due to and make the necessary decision on the further tactics of treatment! But remember, ask for help from a doctor as soon as possible if the condition worsens!
Pregnancy treatment with herbs
What effect can be achieved in treatment and why is it so important and traditional treatment prescribed by a doctor? The onset of menopause may not be accompanied by a worsening of the patient's condition. But many women with the onset of menopause have health problems or exacerbated existing diseases and symptoms:
• hot flashes: a feeling of heat accompanied by redness of the skin of the face, neck, décolleté.
• sleep disorders
• night sweats.
• mood change
• increased frequency of urination, tendency to bladder infections.
• Reducing the size of the mammary glands.
• dryness and reduction of skin elasticity, appearance of deep wrinkles, graying of hair.
• osteoporosis, decreased growth, change of posture.
• the need to get up at night.
• decreased sexual desire
• dry eyes.
Dear women! Of course, all these changes occur to you not in one night, menopause is a long process of natural extinction of the function of the childbearing system. Some women have almost all the symptoms of menopause. For such women, the appointment of phytotherapy for a long period is indicated. But my opinion is that the healthier the woman was before menopause, the easier it will be for the climax.
Phytotherapy can help reduce the symptoms of the above symptoms and make it easier for menopause. Herbal treatment is a great help in complex treatment, and in light cases as a monotherapy with unstable blood pressure, tachycardia and arrhythmia, with sleep disorders, emotional lability, increased mental excitement, hot flashes. Also, herbal medicine improves the general condition of the patient, normalizes the mineral and vitamin balance in the body, increases immunity, speeds up the metabolism. But do not self-medicate, because it is possible to develop life-threatening conditions, such as arrhythmia, hypotension or hypertension with a crisis current, severe depression, etc. I think that you, dear readers, agree that the diagnosis and treatment should be selected by a competent person - the Doctor.
Doctor phytotherapeutist Akimova NS