Purines in food
Mar 23, 2018
list The normal concentration of purines ensures the proper functioning of the kidneysand other internal organs, but its reduction or excess threatens with health problems. To avoid them, it is important to know which products reduce or increase their content in the body.
What are purines in food products ^
Purines are substances that are present in the body of every human being. When they are destroyed, uric acid is formed, exceeding the level of which can threaten problems with kidneys, gout, arthritis and gallstones, and in such cases, consumption of products with purines should be limited.
Products with a high content of purines are divided into two types: animal and vegetable. The first includes meat, and the second - some berries, vegetables and fruits, as well as greens. For any of the above diseases, they are subject to restriction, otherwise serious complications can arise.
To determine the level of uric acid, it is necessary to pass tests. According to medical norms, in men in the blood can be present from 3.4 to 7.0 mg of this substance, and in women - from 2.4 to 5.7 mg per 100 ml.
It should be noted that a diet with products without purines can be prescribed for the treatment of obesity, as well as with stones in the bladder and kidneys.
Because of what the content of uric acid may increase:
- Anemia, diabetes mellitus;
- Pneumonia and tuberculosis;
- Severe toxicosis;
- Exacerbation of psoriasis;Excessive consumption of food of animal origin;
- High physical activity;
Decrease in this acid can occur with a deficiency of zinc, a low-calorie diet, when taking oral contraceptives.
Foods containing purines: list, table ^
Purine content in food: drinks
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are products rich in purines, but they are notturn into uric acid - it means that they do not harm health in any way, although earlier they were included in the list of dangerous ones when their concentration exceeded.
What foods contain purines: meat
It is meat that is considered to be the main product with a high content of purines, since they are present in the greatest quantity. This includes beef liver and other offal, as well as kidneys, tongues, pork, river fish, herring, sprats and sardines.
Which foods are rich in purines: vegetables
Among vegetables, it is worth highlighting those in which purine content in foods reaches a high level:
- Cabbage: cleanses the intestines, removes excess accumulated liquid, normalizes metabolism;
- Zucchini: increase sexual activity, improve visual acuity, rejuvenate, cleanse the circulatory system, stabilize cholesterol;
- Potatoes: improves the functioning of the intestines and stomach, strengthens blood vessels, removes toxins, supplies the body with energy;
- Eggplants: inhibit the development of atherosclerosis, improve blood vessels, improve liver function;Bean Bean: prevents heart attacks, improves blood composition, normalizes hemoglobin;
- Onion: strengthens the immune system, prevents the occurrence of viral diseases, has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system;
- Kohlrabi: improves skin condition, removes inflammation from the mucous membranes of internal organs, prevents the formation of cancer cells, promotes rapid weight loss.
Which products contain purines: fruit and berries
People who want to reduce the number of gout attacks and reduce the level of uric acid are advised to abandon apricots, grapes, pineapples, blackberries, dried apricots, raspberries, strawberries, sweet cherries, dates, peaches, apples and prunes.
For those with low acid content of this acid, such foods are necessary in the diet.
Foods that do not contain purines
It should be noted that with gout and other diseases associated with exceeding the concentration of uric acid, the greatest danger is protein food, but there is an exception: the content of purines in dairy products is much lower than in meat products, so cottage cheese,kefir, milk, fermented milk, etc., can be consumed in small quantities. Also to the list of allowed are the following:
- Perla, rice, buckwheat;
- Macaroni from durum wheat;
- Fresh cheese;
- Apples, kiwi, pears;
- Dried fruits.
Purines in food: how to withdraw, doctor's recommendations ^
To remove purines from the body with the help of products, it is worth paying attention to proven tips:
- It is necessary to remove food rich in purines from the diet;
- Get rid of the accumulation of salt with drugs, as well as consume a lot of water - it only contributes to this;
- Instead of sugar add honey to the drinks, and use sea salt instead of table salt;
- Try not to use spicy condiments when cooking;
- To exclude such method of preparation as frying: it is best to boil or bake food, and if possible, to eat in raw form, especially for vegetables.
It is not to be hoped that once you have eaten a product with a low purine content, you can reduce uric acid levels, it's not like that: to improve blood tests and well-being, you must adhere to a special diet - table number 6 according to Pevzner, which doctors often recommendsuffering from gout. If you follow simple recommendations, then reduce the amount of uric acid will get pretty quickly.