Secrets of healthy sleep: why do you need a dream and what are its rules?
Mar 04, 2018
Do I need sleep?
Many believe that the less we sleep, the more time we have. Why just lie in bed for eight hours!? After all, this time can be spent with profit. There are many methods that teach you to sleep no more than 3-4 hours a day. To accustom your body to this, of course you can. And then you can still brag to everyone how much time you have and how long the day has become. But the body will not really like to support such an idea. At first, the daily tasks will take more and more time. After, the coordination of movements will begin to be broken, concentration and thinking will be weakened. More often you will break down on your relatives, experience stress and irritability. And people who do not sleep are subject to obesity. To ensure that all of the above is not a "pleasant surprise", you must follow the elementary rules of healthy sleep.
Compliance with the
sleep state As you know, people are divided into basically two types. Larks are those who fall asleep early and shower early. Owls - stay up late and get up late. But no matter what type you refer yourself to, it's worth to fall asleep no later than midnight. After all, from midnight to 6 am, the most qualitative and useful rest of a person occurs. Accordingly, if you cover this period, then fully sleep well.
Sleep, which begins after 3 am, will subsequently cause fatigue and poor health from the very morning. Since for him, the daylight hours will be captured and the effect of spillage will be created. Either sleep less than 8 hours, and the body does not have time to fully relax.
It is worth remembering that in an ideal person for a healthy sleep it takes 8 hours. During this time the body completely rehabilitates the spent forces for the day. It should be noted that it is important to take into account the characteristics of each person - someone will need 9-10 hours, and for someone 6-7 is enough. But in any case, it is necessary that the dream lasted no less than 6 hours, but did not exceed 10 hours a day, otherwise there will be an unimportant condition all day.
- Air. Ventilate the room before you go to sleep. Fresh air will help the body to relax and make the process of sleep easy and enjoyable. Take care also of the air temperature in the room. It should be about +22 degrees Celsius: the room should be cool.
- Bedding. It is best when the bed linen consists of natural fabrics, the touch to which will cause a pleasant sensation. Otherwise, it can cause allergies. Silk bed is best for people who are always hot. It creates a nice cooling effect. If you are always cold, then the best choice will be cotton or bike, they warm even on the coldest nights. Artificial tissues in addition to unpleasant sensations can also be "electrified", and this in no way will promote healthy sleep. And, of course, do not forget about the mattress and pillows. They are able to provide quality rest. It is best to buy an orthopedic mattress, while taking into account all personal needs and wishes. From the pillow is best to give up. Or replace with a special roller that will support the spine in its natural position. But it depends on the desire, because not everyone is so comfortable.
- Clothing. Also an important factor of sleep. For a healthy sleep, the ideal option is a complete lack of clothing. But if you are used to pajamas - it does not matter. Just try to use clothes made from natural materials and so that they do not stiffen the body in any way.
- Calm environment. Try to exclude all physical activities before going to bed. Some argue that the more tired, the faster we fall asleep. It should also be remembered that activity causes nervous tension. Accordingly, even if you feel exhausted, sleep will not come soon. The same concerns emotional excitement. Do not start serious conversations at night. No wonder folk wisdom says: "Morning is wiser than evening."For a couple of hours before going to bed, you better take a walk in the park or square. Breathe in fresh air, reminisce about wonderful moments. This will contribute to a healthy and quality sleep.
- Power before bedtime. Remember that a full or empty stomach will not give you enough sleep. It is best for a couple of hours before sleep eat something light - a glass of kefir or yogurt, or fruit. It does not aggravate the stomach and will allow you to get rid of the rumbling. Pay special attention to drinks before bedtime. Alcohol causes increased excitability, but at the same time creates the effect of relaxation. Accordingly, after its adoption, even if you fall asleep, the dream will be shallow and superficial. It is not recommended to drink fresh, coffee or tea before going to bed, since they are invigorating to the body. For a healthy sleep, it is better to drink a glass of warm water or tea with mint, as it will allow you to relax and quickly dip into sleep.
Basic rules for healthy sleep
- Get up at the same time, both on weekdays and on weekends. Thus, the body will be easier to tune in to the daily routine. This rule will help not only to get rid of sleep problems, but also help to distribute the time of day more efficiently.
- Go to bed only when the body "wants".It will not be possible to fall asleep quickly, but will only lead to unnecessary stress. If you can not fall asleep for 15-20 minutes, then do some quiet business, reading for example. This will help to cause drowsiness.
- Sleep is a great time for the body to restore strength and energy. And if the energy throughout the day accumulated and accumulated - it must be somewhere to put it, because the surplus of energy will lead to nothing good. Arrange the body to discharge: jogging, light exercises or just a walk. The best time for this is after 17:00 and until 19:00.It is worth remembering that the body needs to "cool down" before going to bed, because later loads will lead to the opposite result.
- Bad habits have a negative effect on sleep. As obvious as it may sound, many ignore this rule. A cup of coffee, a cigarette or football with beer before going to bed incredibly exhaust the body, disrupt the metabolism. As a result, the body needs more time to restore the "balance" and can not rest in any way. Also, the quality of sleep affects the air. Before going to bed, it is necessary to ventilate the room. Stale, unpleasant air will act as an irritant - hello insomnia!
- Do not use medicines. Sleeping pills, antidepressants - just superfluous chemistry in the body. Not for nothing that various methods were invented( for example, to count elephants).Easy music, reading or massage will help. But if this already does not help, remember, it's worth keeping to the measure when using drugs, as well as consulting a doctor.
- And the last - the most important rule: the regime of the day. Sleep will bring maximum benefit and pleasure when the body is completely ready for it. By keeping a certain schedule of the day, you accustom your body in time to prepare yourself for bed, eating, etc.
We wish you a healthy and sound sleep!
It's strange, but why does this happen? He worked all day, tired, and at night sleep does not go. We close our eyes and start to torment various thoughts, we make plans for the future, we imagine how much more needs to be done and whether we will be able to do it. And so we fall asleep in about an hour, or even more. Waking up early in the morning - feeling like there was not a dream, and so, I closed my eyes for a couple of minutes. How much time does a person need to sleep? And what time do you need to go to bed? Do we really need sleep? We will try to find answers to these and many other questions now.
Below we will consider: