Walking for weight loss
Mar 06, 2018
- How to walk and lose weight
- How to walk to lose weight: rules, techniques, contraindications
- Walking for weight loss: reviews of slimmer and doctors, results of
Walking for weight loss is an ideal and versatile kind of exercise that is suitable for everyone without exception.
The doctors proved that this cardio load is absolutely safe and very effective way of burning extra pounds.
The principle of action and the use of walking for weight loss ^
Walking is the natural and most accessible mode of movement. People who try to walk as much as possible have a beautiful figure and excellent health.
The use of walking for weight loss is obvious, because this kind of physical activity makes the body function even better. Long walks on foot have other features and advantages:
- contribute to strengthening of muscles, joints and vertebrae;
- accelerate blood circulation, saturate tissues with oxygen;
- improve the state of the cardiovascular system;
- normalizes the level of sugar and cholesterol in the blood;
- improve the endurance of the body, relieve dyspnea;
- fit even people with a lot of excess weight;
- does not require the purchase of any sports equipment;
- are available at any age and at any level of preparation;
- helps to get rid of stress, depression, nervous overexertion.
The effect of fast walking for weight loss is that during walks metabolism is accelerated, and harmful substances are released from the body. In addition, walking tours, which last more than two hours, contribute to the burning of 150 - 200 kcal. The result can be improved if you do not walk on a level asphalt, but, for example, in a park or in a forest, where you need to overcome descents and ascents.
"Walking or running for weight loss: which is better"
This question is of concern to many representatives of both the beautiful and the strong half of humanity. It is worth noting that running for burning excess weight is considered more effective, but, unfortunately, due to poor physical fitness or health, some people can not afford to run. Therefore, as an aerobic load, they use walking.
Practically everyone can use ordinary walking for weight loss, but athletic walking, despite a large number of useful properties, has some contraindications. It is undesirable to engage in this type of physical activity in such cases:
- with congenital heart disease;
- after a heart attack or stroke;
- in case of heart rhythm disturbances;
- with pulmonary insufficiency;
- in the presence of diabetes, thyrotoxicosis or kidney disease.
How to walk to lose weight: rules, technique, contra-indications ^
There are a large number of types of walking that promote weight loss. Consider the most popular varieties:
Athletic walking for weight loss
The main differences between athletic walking and ordinary: faster pace, longer steps. In addition, the efficiency of sports walks is much higher.
The technique of sport walking is as follows:
- , the supporting leg should be flat from the moment of touching the foot and ground until the body passes through the "support";
- should be assisted while waving, waving them;
- should be monitored for posture and uniformity of steps;
- It is recommended to start such lessons from 5-10 minutes a day, then gradually increase the duration of walks to 2-3 hours.
- The optimum frequency of training is 2-3 times a week.
Scandinavian walking for weight loss
The technique of walking for weight loss with a stick is as follows:
- you first need to make a step, for example, with the right foot;
- simultaneously with the left stick it is necessary to push off from the ground;
- then the step must be made with the left foot, and push with the right stick;
- hone technique preferably in winter in soft snow.
Walking on the ladder for weight loss( uphill)
Walking up the stairs is not an official sport, but it is considered a very effective way to reduce excess weight. Walking on the stairs is an alternative to step-aerobics.
To avoid injury, every workout must begin with a warm-up. After you can go into the entrance of a multi-storey building to move up, then go down. Carrying out such trainings for 30 minutes a day, you can quickly bring your body into shape.
Walking in place for weight loss
Traditionally, all physical activity should begin with walking on the spot. After such a simple warm-up you can start a set of other exercises.
The main thing is to raise your knees high enough, not too much. An important rule: you do not have to hit your heels on the floor, but you need to lower your legs and put them on your socks. In order not to knock down the pace, you should help yourself with your hands.
Walking on the slimming path
Using a weight slider to help you lose weight quickly helps you burn extra pounds and bring your body to the desired shape. Rules of training on the treadmill:
- Warm up. Before you start, you should warm up properly to avoid getting injured. To warm up, you need to set the speed on the track. It is recommended to go at a speed of 4 km / h for 5 minutes.
- It is advisable to change the speed every 10 minutes.
- Increase the tilt angle of the treadmill to increase the efficiency of the treadmill.
- Training should be regular.
- The program on the track for a person of intermediate level of preparation is very simple. It is necessary to execute 5 approaches: running( 2 minutes) + walking( 4 minutes).
- It is necessary to follow the pulse. The maximum allowable heart rate is calculated by the formula: 220 - age.
Walking for slimming belly
For burning fatty deposits in the abdominal area, it is recommended that you do Scandinavian walking. In addition, during hiking, you need to draw in your stomach.
Reducing the waistline will also help walking on site with a high knee lift. To achieve the desired result, you need to conduct regular exercise, as well as monitor the diet.
Walking for slimming legs
For training and weight loss of legs, any kind of walking is perfect, but the most effective is sports. Basic rules and recommendations:
- It is best to walk in the morning.
- It is important to ensure that breathing is measured.
- It is recommended to drink a glass of water before exercise to prevent dehydration.
- It is necessary that both shoes and clothes be comfortable.
Walking for weight loss: reviews of those who lose weight and doctors, the results ^
The results of weight loss with walking are as follows: for a month of regular walking, you can get rid of 3 - 5 kg of excess weight. To improve the result, it is recommended to eat properly and use an additional kind of physical activity.
A lot of positive feedbacks about slimming with walking indicate its effectiveness and absolute safety. Here are a few responses from our regular readers:
Tatiana, 36 years old:
"After the birth of the second child, I recovered very much. I tried to lose weight in every way, using various diets, attending aerobics classes. Because of the large excess weight and high load in the classroom, I began to notice severe pain in my knees. I decided to stop attending such trainings and go for ordinary walking. For a month, despite the weather conditions and mood, I walk in the park for at least an hour and a half. My result is minus 3 kg. "
Valentina, 49 years old:
"In view of my age, I stopped taking up sports and switched to athletic walking. The result is very satisfied. After a long walk, I feel fine, and I look no worse. I recommend this method of physical activity to everyone. "
Svetlana, 21 year:
"I consider walking the easiest and most affordable way to burn fat deposits. Personally, I for 3 months of regular 1.5-hour walks lost 8 kg. "