Treatment of hypertension of different degrees and stages
Mar 18, 2018
Hypertension is one of the diseases of the human cardiovascular system, in which, at times, or constantly increases blood pressure. Signs of hypertension are dizziness, headaches, a sense of fatigue, nausea. The causes of hypertension are unhealthy lifestyle( unbalanced food, inactivity, water deficiency, stress), as well as atherosclerosis of blood vessels.
The most dangerous complication of hypertension is vascular rupture, which leads to hemorrhage( heart attack, stroke).In addition, in the process of hypertension, the target organs are affected - the heart, the brain, eyes, kidneys, that is, the organs in which the smallest blood vessels are located. This is why the treatment of hypertension is primarily aimed at normalizing blood pressure and ensuring normal blood supply to organs and tissues.
Features of the treatment of hypertension
Treatment of hypertension of different degrees depends on the age of the patient, the magnitude of pressure and individual characteristics of a person. Normal pressure fluctuates in the range of 100 / 70-120 / 80 mmHg.
During the day, the pressure can increase several dozen times, when people experience emotional stress, run, rise to the floor, go in for sports, swimming, physical activity. Normally, after all procedures in a few minutes, the pressure should come back to normal, and if this does not happen, then a person develops hypertension.
The total diagnosis of "hypertension" is 3 degrees, and the main difference is the amount of increased pressure:
- Hypertension 1 degree - when the pressure rises occasionally and abruptly, not rising above 140/90 mmHg. Many of those who develop this form of hypertension do not pay attention to it and usually drink various pills from hypertension, choosing them on the advice of friends or casual acquaintances.
- Hypertension 2 degrees - when the pressure rises to 160/100 mm Hg.and lasts for several hours. Patients report permanent headaches, dizziness, nausea, darkening in the eyes. This stage is dangerous for human health, which must control pressure and take various drugs against hypertension.
- Hypertension 3 degrees - is considered a serious form of the disease, when the pressure is within 180/110 mm Hg.and higher. In this stage, such important organs as the heart, brain, kidneys, eyesight decline, blood circulation in the lower limbs is impaired. In this stage of hypertension, the different forms of hypertension have a weak effect, and patients need mainly parenteral administration of drugs.
Doctors fight for each unit of pressure because a pressure increase of at least 10 units can cause complications in the target organs by 10%.This is already in the initial stage of hypertension, then what happens with hypertension of the third degree, when the arterial pressure is increased by several dozen units?
Treatment of the disease in the initial stage
Treatment of hypertension of different degrees should be complex, and also take into account all the causes that could cause the appearance of the disease. Combined treatment of hypertension should eliminate the causes of the disease, and also include medicinal, alternative and other therapies( physical therapy, exercise therapy, spa treatment).
It is very rare to cure hypertension completely, although in the initial stages of the disease it is still possible to adjust the pressure with simple measures - a healthy lifestyle and diet, a rejection of bad habits, physical activity.
This stage is called an essential or mild form of the disease, and according to statistics, 95% of all hypertensives have exactly this form of the disease. The pressure, although rising, but not for long, and easily amenable to correction with the help of a healthy lifestyle. Recently, most doctors are trying to conduct treatment in the initial stage of hypertension without using medicines.
In the initial stage of hypertension, treatment can be performed using a variety of alternative therapies. These include folk remedies, treatment with leeches, famine, homeopathic remedies. It is very important in the initial stage to use sedatives, which reduce the level of perception of stress and calm the nervous system.
Treatment of hypertension 1 degree is impossible without compliance with dietary requirements. It is very important to adhere to a diet with the restriction of salty, fried, fatty and smoked foods that can cause an increase in pressure. Well, if a person in the initial stage completely give up smoking and restrict the reception of alcoholic beverages.
This diet and increased physical activity can significantly reduce the weight of the patient. All these measures are observed not only in the initial stage, but also in all forms of the disease.
Therapy for hypertension 2 and 3 degrees
These stages of the disease are characterized by greater danger to human health, as high blood pressure practically does not decrease without hypotensive drugs.
Therefore, treatment of grade 2 hypertension and treatment of grade 3 hypertension should necessarily include medication prescribed by the doctor after a thorough examination of the patient.
For the treatment of hypertension in medicine, the following groups of drugs are most often used:
- Diuretics - their task is to reduce the number of edema( Hypothiazide, Xipamid, Triamteren, Indapamide retard).
- Alpha- and beta-adrenoblockers - their task is to reduce peripheral vascular resistance and improve peripheral circulation( Prazosin, Terazozin, Doxazosin, Betaxolol, Metoprolol, Nadolol).
- Calcium antagonists( Infedipine, Verapamil, Nifedipine).
- Angiotensin antagonists( Valzartan, Irbesartan, Losartan).
- ACE inhibitors( Enalapril, Ramipril, Perindopril).
All drugs are different in that long-term use of the same remedy can be addictive, and therefore they need to be changed from time to time. But all appointments and adjustments can only be done by a doctor, based on the state of health and the general condition of the patient.
In the diagnosis of hypertension grade 3, treatment should be performed only in a hospital under the daily supervision of a specialist. Decrease in pressure during treatment should not please the doctor and the patient, since this sign accompanies the initial stage of myocardial infarction or acute heart failure.
Also in the treatment of grade 3 hypertension, attention should be paid to the difference between systolic( upper) and diastolic( lower) pressure. Normally, the difference should not exceed 40 units, since a large difference can also cause deterioration of the heart.
Massage with hypertension has a special technique and its purpose is to improve the performance of the central nervous and cardiovascular systems. This massage is performed only by a specialist, and there are both indications and contraindications to it.
Indication for massage is hypertension 1 -2 degree, since in 3 stages the massage is contraindicated. Contraindications to the massage are:
- Hypertensive crisis.
- . Oncological diseases.
- Diseases of the hematopoietic system.
- Tuberculosis in the active phase.
- Presence of chronic infections.
- Mental disorders.