Metabolic age: can it be reduced
Mar 07, 2018
The state of human health largely depends on the metabolic age,determine it and, if necessary, reduce it using any of the proven methods.
What is the metabolic age ^
Metabolic age is an indicator of the level of metabolism, which depends on the rate of metabolic processes in the body. It has been proven that children have metabolism an order of magnitude faster than adults, because they have to spend much more energy for growth and development.
The metabolism itself is a complex process that begins with the absorption of food and ends with the natural excretion of waste products. All this time the body receives nutrients and slags from the products, and also processes calories into energy, thanks to which it is possible to maintain good health, gain or not gain weight.
With age, the metabolic age increases, and even there are cases when a person is actually 40 years old, and this figure reaches 55 years - this indicates that the metabolic processes in his body are severely disturbed and a review of nutrition, as well as physical exertion.
Which parameters are involved in determining the metabolic age:
- The amount of visceral fat: in the normal range, it protects the internal organs from damage, at low or high rates - contributes to the development of diseases;
- Bone mass: it is of great importance only for women. With age, the fortress of bones decreases, and this also makes it possible to judge the metabolic age of the organism;
- Water: normally there should be 55 and 60% of the fluid in women and men, and it is contained in fatty tissues;
- Chronic diseases: in most cases they significantly slow down metabolism.
There are several ways to determine the metabolic age:
- The Harris-Benedict equation;
- Formula Ketch-McArdle;
- Tests for the metabolic age, for which it is sufficient to introduce your height, weight and age.
How to know your metabolic age: methods of calculation ^
How to calculate the metabolic age:
Analyzer To determine the metabolic age of a person, it is necessary to analyze the following factors:
- Visceral( internal fat): if too much or vice versa -little - it increases the metabolic age, and also increases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases;
- Amount of muscle mass: you can use calipers and tailoring tape to measure it in order to calculate the correct amount of calories in the future. As a rule, it is 20 Kcal per 1 kg of muscle;
- Body mass index. If it is less than 17 points - this indicates a dystrophy, more than 40 - about obesity and, accordingly, a high metabolic age;
- Amount of water: it decreases with age with normal metabolism.
formulas In order to know your metabolic age, it is worth using a calculator that takes into account the BMI BMI, as well as the fat percentage according to the Ketch-Macardl formula.
The Harrick-Benedict formula allows you to know the daily caloric intake and metabolic rate:
- For men: 362 +( 13.397 x weight in kg) +( 4.799 x height) -( 5.677 x age);
- For women: 593 +( 9.247 x weight in kg) +( 3.098 x height) -( 4.330 x age).
To determine the daily caloric value, you need to do the following:
- With an inactive lifestyle, multiply the result by 1.2;
- With low activity - at 1.375;
- With an average activity of 1.33;
- With high activity - at 1,725;
- At very high - at 1.9.
The Ketch-McArdle formula :
- ( 360 + 21.6 x weight considering fat loss) x 1.2.
The result is a daily rate of caloric intake.
To calculate the metabolic age for women, you need to analyze all of the above indicators, and use special calculators to do this, taking into account the ratio of fat percentage, real age, weight and volume of different parts of the body.
The ideal metabolic age is one that is equal to or lower than the number of years lived, but the high indices can indicate a slowing of metabolism.
How metabolic age and life expectancy are related ^
Scientists have long established that people who have a much lower metabolic age live much longer: they normally have an organism, they look younger and very rarely complain about their well-being, since optimal metabolic processesallow to receive from food all necessary useful substances.
To reduce the metabolic age after the calculation, it is sufficient to adhere to the banal rules:
- To consume only useful food containing many vitamins and trace elements;
- Refuse fast food and fried foods, limit sweets;
- Increase physical activity;
- Often be in the fresh air;
- Doing sports.
Having determined the metabolic age, it is important to change your lifestyle in time if it exceeds the number of years lived, otherwise the body will grow old much faster.
Those who have a low metabolic age should not be worried: this indicates that even in 70 years the body will function much better than those of peers who have higher rates! Exceptions are only problems in which there is rapid weight loss due to accelerated metabolism, and in order to solve it, you just need to normalize the metabolism by contacting a doctor.