Functional duties of the nurse of the physiotherapy department
Mar 18, 2018
Job description of the nurse of the physiotherapy department
I. General part
The main task of the nurse of the physiotherapy department is to conduct physiotherapeutic procedures for patients according to the physician's prescription. Appointment and dismissal of the nurse of the physiotherapy department are carried out by the chief physician of the medical institution in accordance with the established procedure. The nurse of the physiotherapy department is subordinate to the head of this department, in his absence - to the responsible person for separation from among the average medical workers, approved by the order of the chief doctor of the polyclinic. The nurse of the physiotherapy department in his work is guided by the rules of carrying out physiotherapeutic procedures and safety techniques when working with equipment, orders of a physiotherapist, internal labor regulations and this job description.
1. To carry out all orders of a physician-physiotherapist, and in his absence - physiotherapeutic appointments of treating physicians.
2. To prepare in time your workplace, equipment and everything you need to start receiving patients.
3. Strictly observe order, cleanliness in physiotherapy department.
4. Take the patient after examination by his physician-physician and in the presence of a procedural card, mark the implementation of procedures, inform the patient of the time of turnout for treatment.
• for the condition of the patient during the procedure, inquiring about his state of health;
• operation of the device, readings of measuring devices, signal clocks.
6. Stop the procedure if the patient's condition worsens, if necessary, give him first aid and immediately inform the doctor, and make a note in the procedural chart.
7. To familiarize the patients entering the treatment with the internal rules and rules of conduct during the procedure.
8. Keep records of the work performed and monitor the receipt of patients with the entire prescribed course of treatment.
9. Maintain the accounting records approved by the Ministry of Health.
10. To be constantly in the workplace during the procedures.
11. Observe the timeliness and rules for the processing of hydrophilic gaskets, tubes, tips and other medinventar.
12. Watch the heating of paraffin, ozocerite, therapeutic mud.
13. Maintain medical equipment in good working order.
14. Turn off all equipment at the end of the working day;lighting and heating appliances, a general cabinet switch, check whether the faucets of washbasins and hydropathic units are closed, observe safety rules.
15. Systematically improve their professional qualifications.
16. Observe the principles of deontology.
Rights 1. Access to medical records and other documents necessary to obtain additional information when performing physiotherapy appointments.
2. To control the work of the equipment repair technician.
3. Give instructions and supervise the work of junior staff.
4. To improve their qualification in the established order.
5. To submit the requirements of the administration to create the necessary conditions in the workplace, ensuring the quality performance of their duties.
6. Obtain the necessary information for the performance of their functional duties from a physician-physiotherapist, a responsible person in the department of the average staff.
7. Require patients to comply with internal regulations.
8. To master an adjacent specialty.
9. Provide guidance and supervise the work of junior staff physiotherapy department.
IV.Evaluation of work and responsibility
The assessment of the nurse's work of the physiotherapy department is carried out by a physiotherapist or by a responsible person for separation from the number of paramedical personnel on the basis of accounting for the fulfillment of their functional duties, compliance with internal regulations, labor discipline, moral and ethical standards, and social activity. The nurse of the physiotherapy department is responsible for the fuzzy and untimely execution of all the items of this job description. Types of personal responsibility are determined in accordance with applicable law.
For successful performance of their duties, the nurse of the physiotherapy department should know:
• the basics of valeology and sanology;methods and means of hygiene education;
• theoretical foundations of nursing;
• indications and contraindications to the use of the main groups of drugs, the nature of the interaction, the complications of the use of medicines;
• regulatory documents regulating the pharmaceutical order in the treatment-and-prophylactic establishment;
• rules and requirements for the equipment of the physiotherapy department, the cabinet;
• equipment used in physiotherapy, its technical characteristics and the values of physical factors and procedures;
• safety equipment in the physiotherapy department and the cabinet: regulatory documents on occupational safety and health;
• principles of compatibility and consistency of the assignment of physical factors and procedures;
• indications and contraindications to the use of physical factors;
• possible complications in carrying out physiotherapeutic procedures, preventive measures;
• Principles of providing emergency assistance in case of electric shock, light radiation, electromagnetic field, etc.;
• Features of conducting physiological treatment in children;
. .. be able to:
• analyze the current situation and make decisions within the limits of one's professional competence and authority;
• carry out diagnostic, therapeutic, resuscitation, rehabilitation, preventive, therapeutic and sanitary, sanitary and hygiene, sanitary and educational measures in accordance with their professional competence and authority;
• master the basic elements of massage, use the techniques of psychotherapy;
• master the technique of basic nursing manipulations;
• provide emergency first aid for emergency situations;
• evaluate the effect of medicines in a particular patient;
• comply with the pharmaceutical order for the receipt, storage and use of medicinal products;
• observe the rules of occupational safety and health;
• maintain approved medical records;
• use technical protection when performing physical procedures;
• master the techniques and techniques of basic physiotherapy.