Exercises with a hernia of the spine: lumbar and cervical
Mar 07, 2018
Because of this, a violation of the work of certain internal organs is possible. Such a disease as an intervertebral hernia can appear in one of the departments of the spine. But often it is formed in the vertebral and cervical divisions( see a hernia in the cervical spine).
The main methods of treatment are physical exercises that enable you to reanimate the muscular corset, improve the condition of the ligament apparatus. Thus, you can avoid exacerbations of the disease in the future.
What are the causes of a herniated spine?
- 1) Prolonged acceptance of an unfavorable posture. Incorrect workload on the back, illiterate weight lifting, work in poor positions - all these factors negatively affect metabolism and provoke degenerative changes.
- 2) No moderate physical activity. It is physical training that develops muscles and ligaments of the spine, contributes to the normal development of tissues.
- 3) Improper power supply. Such important microelements and macro elements - potassium, calcium, phosphorus, copper, the organism can receive only with food. If these components in the body are not enough, the bone tissue becomes weaker and porous.
Tips for performing a complex of therapeutic gymnastics
Only when the pain syndrome goes away, you can start doing exercises. Otherwise, your body can only be hurt. What rules should be followed to benefit the body?
- 1) Carrying out a complex of exercises, it is necessary to watch, so that there is no pain. Since the disc could stick out in any direction, it's just a necessity. When performing a complex of physical exercises you should not feel any uncomfortable sensations. If you feel unpleasant sensations, do not refuse the exercise, but do it carefully. Contraindicated therapeutic exercise, causing severe pain in the spine. When after a while the condition of your body improves, you will be able to proceed to this kind of physical culture. Do this exercise carefully.
- 2) In the first periods of treatment, give up the exercises with the twisting of the spine.
- 3) Strong shocks and movements are contraindicated relative to the problematic areas on the spine.
- 4) No strikes, strong jerks and jumps should not be.
- 5) When starting the exercises, make the amplitude small. Only over time, you can increase the load a little.
- 6) Do you want to recover in one day? With the spine, this approach is ineffective! You can not fix the disks and vertebrae at one time. Regenerate your spine very gently, slightly and gently improving blood circulation in the problem area.
- 7) Carry out a complex of exercise therapy as often as possible. It is better to do 3-6 repetitions a day.
Exercises with a lumbar spine
Often a hernia of the spine occurs in the lumbar region of the back. The following complex is suitable for people who have long had a hernia of the lumbar spine.
Since in each case the treatment is individual, the attending physician can additionally recommend additional exercises. Thanks to this complex will be able to strengthen the muscular corset, develop the capabilities of your body, as well as the spine in particular.
It is convenient to lie down on the floor, on your back, stretch your arms along the body, your legs are bent. Breathe should be calm and free. Slightly raise the body up, legs rest on the floor. Save this position for a few seconds, then gradually fall down, returning to its previous position. When you complete the first approach, rest a little. After do 10-12 reps.
Lie comfortably on the back, hands stretch down the body, slightly bend your knees in the legs. Breathing is free. Tighten the abdominal muscles. To check the correctness of the task, you should place your hands on the abdominal muscles. Repeat 12 times.
Ex. Lie down comfortably on your back. At the same time, it will be necessary to lift the right leg and right arm, keeping them in the air for 7 seconds, then calmly lower it. Then do the same with the left foot and hand. Repeat the exercise 8 times.
Go back to the starting position, which was in the previous exercise. The legs are bent. Stretch your right hand forward to the knee of your left leg, putting your hand on your knee. Then bend the left leg, resisting with the right hand with force, making obstacles to the leg, which approaches the chest. This exercise is done with an effort for about 12 seconds. Then gradually and slowly take the original pose. Take a rest after a while, about 12 seconds. This exercise is done about 10 times, then change your hand with your foot and repeat the same. Calmly relax the muscles of your whole body.
You need to lie on your back, hands behind your head. Quietly and slowly bring your right foot, bent at the knee to your chest. Lower your foot. Make about 10 reps for each leg. Watch your feelings so that there is no discomfort.
Additional set of exercises:
Two more simple exercises will help you get rid completely of the vertebral hernia. So, we proceed.
Position on the back. Hands stretched down along the trunk. Straight arms stretch upwards behind the head, while making a slow breath. In parallel, the toe socks stretch out to their maximum amplitude. Your waist is firmly pressed down. If you relax at the exit, leaving your hands palms up behind your head, the effect will be positive. Do a few repetitions of this complex, it will be enough 3-4 times daily.
An excellent exercise that stretches the back and waist. Sit with your buttocks on your heels, stretch your arms forward, resting your palms on the floor. It is good to stretch your arms as far as possible, without tearing off the buttocks, and, also, without taking your hands off the floor. The whole loin will stretch well, and you will feel the relief of the troubling symptoms after a while.
Exercises for a cervical hernia
Cervical hernia is an extreme manifestation of such a disease as osteochondrosis of the cervical region.
Carry out gymnastics with such ailment should be carefully, and only in the event that the swelling and pain in the problem place go away. Among all exercises recommended the following complex.
Ex.1 Sitting or standing, hold the straight position of the body. Tilt the head sideways to the neck, without trying at the same time to do the exercises for the maximum amplitude. Hold in this position you need for 6 seconds. After that, gently straighten the neck, continuing to do the exercise the other way. Do a few repetitions.
The exercise is performed standing or sitting as you prefer. It is necessary to turn the neck gently and slowly to the extreme right, and then to the extreme left position in relation to the shoulder. Repeat for each side 10 times. If making it difficult, make the turns small and neat.
The position of the body is the same as in the previous exercise. The head should first be pressed with a chin to the chest, holding for a few seconds. After this, gently move the head back, the chin is retracted. For each side, do 7-10 repetitions.
Network straight, head to the left, and then to the right. Repeat several times.
Your doctor vertebronevrologist should check the gymnastics shown to you. Overstrain of the muscles, sudden movements, fatigue in the muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle should not be. It is best to consult a specialist about how well these exercises suit you.
However, with the proper performance of these exercises, muscles are effectively strengthened, with all the muscles: neck, back, shoulder girdle. Thanks to the complex of gymnastics, it is possible to normalize blood circulation and reduce problems of a dystrophic nature. Be healthy!
I weighed 92 kg! Fat went 3 kg a week! For this, I drank a glass before bed. ..
The nail fungus is afraid of this as a fire! If in the cool water. ..
Varicose veins disappear in a few days! Just need once a day to smear your legs. ..
"Dedovskiy" method to quit smoking! In 7 days you will forget about cigarettes forever!