Astigmatism in children: treatment and exercise
Childish astigmatism is such an optical defect when two optical foci exist simultaneously in the eye, and neither of them is located where it should be. This is due to the fact that the cornea on one axis rays refracts more than the other.
Childish astigmatism depending on the location of the tricks is:
Options for astigmatism:
And, short-sighted in another way is called myopic, and hyperopic astigmatism in children is hypermetropic.
As a rule, the different refracting meridional force of the cornea is a congenital condition. When a defocused image enters the retina, the visual system is depressed, the visual images become distorted. The visual acuity at the same time decreases again, amblyopia develops.
Amblyopia with astigmatism is characterized by a number of features. Astigmatism in children: treatment should be carried out in a comprehensive manner, including methods of optical, physical and functional impact. High-tech methods give a positive result in 95% of cases. The visual acuity at the same time increases, it becomes possible to reduce the strength of the glasses. If you treat the astigmatism of children in a timely manner, then it will be possible to forget about the glasses dependence.
Astigmatism has appeared: the reasons can be different. These are:
- surgeries, injuries, diseases that cause a violation of the correct shape of the cornea.
Astigmatism in children: treatment of
Modern treatment tactics, conservative intervention aimed at stimulating less active areas of the retina. Points in this case are assigned for permanent wearing. Moreover, children with astigmatism are observed in the dispensary until the time when the visual system develops. Treatment courses are held three times a year.
The basis for success in restoring visual functions is to start treatment on time. The goal is good vision without glasses.
Myths about astigmatism
- Points are forever. In some cases of this disease in many cases, children manage to get rid of the constant wearing of glasses. If the degree of astigmatism is high, then after curing amblyopia, an excimer laser correction is used, which enables teenagers to get rid of glasses.
- Astigmatism is cured completely. Since there is a congenital defect in the cornea, it is impossible to correct the defect with conservative methods. Increase visual acuity is possible due to the mobilization of structures within the eye, which are responsible for focusing the image. That is, astigmatism is compensated. The disease is cured only with the help of excimer laser correction.
- Glasses laser-vizhn. With regular wearing of poly-diaphragm glasses, manufacturers promise to get rid of all eye diseases. But the therapeutic effect is not proven, although there is no harm either.
- Preparations with blueberries. Typically, such tablets are food additives or multivitamin kits. This means that they did not pass clinical trials. Therefore, in pediatric ophthalmology they are not used.
Often children simply do not notice that their eyesight goes down. Hence, even if there are no complaints, it is better to show the child to the ophthalmologist once a year. Then the disease will be detected at the time, and treatment is also started.
Exercises for the eyes with this disease are quite useful. So, R.S. Agarwal advises to make large rotations 100 times, to look through the lines with a small font of the table for vision, combining them with blinks on each line.
UG.Bates advises all to add the following exercises:
- Soft and frequent blinking.
- Exercises for myopic or farsighted, which depends on the shape of the astigmatism. Examples of similar exercises:
- Take a look into the distance. Take your finger out at a distance of 30 cm from your eyes. Focus your eyes on your finger, then on the subject in the distance( 10 times).
- Open your eyes in the air eight in the rhythm of breathing( 10 times).
- Fix the index finger 30 cm from the eyes. Hold your eyes on its ending for a couple of seconds. Then for 5 seconds, cover one eye, with both eyes look at the finger, cover the second eye, again - look at the finger( 10 times).
- Close your eyes for 5 seconds, open them for 5 seconds( 5-7 times).
- Straightened hand in front of you, look at your index finger. Slowly bring his finger to his eyes, keeping his gaze from him until he starts to double. Repeat several times.
- Close your eyes, massage your eyelids with your thumbs in a circular motion. This helps to adjust the intraocular pressure.
- Close your eyes, give them a break.