Exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint accelerate the treatment of the disease
Mar 07, 2018
Osteoarthritis - degenerative changes in cartilaginous tissue, accompanied by pain and crunch during exercise, impairment of joint mobility. Completely cure arthrosis is impossible.
However, to slow the progression of the disease, to prevent complete destruction of articular cartilage and improve mobility can be. In addition to conservative medical methods, special gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint has proved to be very useful.
After the night
Morning exercise with arthrosis of the knee will take a minimum of time, but will improve the flow of blood to the joints and microcirculation. Exercises are performed sitting with a straight back as possible, if it is difficult to hold your back, lean on the pillows. Put your feet on the floor for shoulder width. Each exercise is performed for at least 30 seconds.
- Alternately, rhythmically tighten the toes of your feet, leaving your heels on the floor. At the same time, massage your knees with light rubbing movements. Massage with arthrosis of the knee joint has a slight stimulating and warming effect. In combination with exercises, massage produces a noticeable therapeutic effect.
- Rise of heels. Similar to the first exercise. Continue to rub your knees, but in a circular motion.
- Mixing-breeding. The heels remain on the width of the shoulders, slowly and smoothly turn the toes of the feet inside, rounding the back. Then maximally deploy the feet and knees outward, possibly bending in the back.
- Flexion-extension. Slowly and accurately bend the leg in the knee, pulling it under him. If it turns out, tear the foot off the floor. Then straighten out and repeat with the other leg.
- Steps forward and back. Completely tearing off the feet from the floor for "one-two" step forward, on "three-four", return the foot under the bed.
Such simple exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint will have a restorative effect and will prepare the knees for a long day.
Day after day,
The feet experience stress all day long. To achieve a therapeutic effect and alleviate pain in arthrosis of the knee, exercises must be performed every day.
Physiotherapy exercises should include all bending, unbending and circular movements in the knee joint without axial load. Be sure to attend a warm-up( you can use exercises from morning exercises) and self-massage. Do not forget about the correct deep breathing - avoid straining, breathe smoothly and deeply.
From the CFC for arthrosis of the knee joint, squats, unstable positions and movements that cause acute pain should be excluded. Most exercises are performed while sitting and lying down.
Complex of exercises
Lying on the back:
- Alternately bend the legs in the knee, trying to tighten the heel as close to the buttocks. The feet remain on the floor.2-10 times with each foot.
- Press the lower back to the floor and lift your legs up. Bend the right leg in the knee, lowering the heel to the buttock. Straighten your leg so that it becomes parallel to the floor. Return the straight leg up. According to 5 -15 times with each foot.
- Lift the straight leg a few centimeters from the floor and hold it for 3-5 seconds.2-20 repetitions with each foot.
Lying on the stomach:
- Bend your legs, trying to reach the buttocks with your heels. Alternately, then together. Up to 50 repetitions.
- Straight legs shoulder width apart. Pull the socks on yourself, rest them on the floor and try to lift your knees. Hold for 3-5 seconds and relax.1-5 times.
- Bend one leg in the knee, the foot is pointed at the ceiling. Perform slow circular movements in the direction and counterclockwise with the maximum possible amplitude.10 times in each direction. Repeat with the other leg. Rest lying with straight legs.
Exercise daily, do massage, go swimming if you can. Try to wear comfortable shoes and do light gymnastics at every opportunity. With arthrosis of the knee joint exercises in combination with drug support can significantly prolong the life of damaged tissues, improve their condition and stop the progression of the disease.