What is a netbook - how to choose a netbook
Mar 04, 2018
Modern technologies allow you to communicate on the Internet in any convenient place, where, of course, there is a network. About half a century ago was created the first multi-ton giant-giant - the first computer. Then the technology quickly began to develop and we can already carry netbooks with us to always be online. What is a netbook? How is it different from a laptop? How to use it?
The netbook is literally translated as a "network book".Of course, reading e-books with this device is easy and simple, but the functions of the netbook are much more extensive.
- works Netbooks work from a battery that has an increased activity time. When the power is not enough, it's enough to charge the battery from the mains.
- In order to access the network, it is enough to find a Wi-Fi access point and connect to it. If no network is detected, you can access the Internet by connecting via Bluetooth to your mobile phone. Some models of netbooks are equipped with a SIM card slot.
Large cities have a sufficient number of both paid and free Wi-Fi access points, so you can always be online. Paid networks require a scratch card, which can be purchased at retail outlets or simply replenish the balance through an ATM or terminal.
Advantages of Wi-Fi is low cost and decent data transfer speed. In addition, using the Internet via Wi-Fi is much easier and more convenient. What can a netbook
Netbook has similar functions with a laptop, with the exception of a few, for example, the netbook lacks a floppy drive. With this device you can watch movies, hang on the net, communicate with friends, listen to your favorite tracks, make video calls, play your favorite games, work with text documents and tables, and much more.
How to choose a netbook
Modern manufacturers massively produce light and compact netbooks. To make a choice, you need to be guided by several points.
- Screen size. The bigger, the better. Do not have to screw up his eyes, looking at another message from a friend. The screens of netbooks have a range of 7 to 18.4 inches. In the store, it is necessary to make a "fitting" of the device. In this case, you can adequately assess their capabilities and comfort of work on the netbook.
- Cost. Undoubted advantage over laptops and desktop computers is the lower price of devices. Of course, premium netbooks and elite classes cost fabulous money, but you should not pay for tinsel and a beautiful wrapper. You need to look inside the device.
- What is a netbook How does the heart beat? The processor is the heart of the netbook. It is worth paying attention to the frequency of the processor, the amount of cache memory and the number of cores. There is a deceptive view that a quad-core processor works better than a dual-core processor. Actually this is not true. Kernels badly offload the device, but rather, on the contrary, interfere with its proper operation. Therefore, it is best to buy a netbook with a dual-core processor( and its cost is lower).
- RAM is an important element of every computer. It transfers information to the processor. The more its volume, the better.
- The hard drive is responsible for the speed of operation and noise insulation. The larger the volume, the better, faster the netbook will work.
- The quality of the video card depends on everything that you can see on the computer. There are two types: integrated and built-in.
- Netbook design is presented by manufacturers the most diverse. Bright colors or drawings, pictures on the covers - each buyer can choose according to his taste.
Despite its small size and lightness, a netbook is not a toy, so treat it with respect and caution.