How to take care of dry skin
Mar 05, 2018
The owners of dry skin on one side are very fortunate, as it is usually very beautiful, white and thin.
Compared to other types of skin on it there is no greasy sheen and almost no visible pores. But, on the other hand, lack of fat and moisture makes it very vulnerable and requires careful care.
Because the sebaceous glands produce insufficient amounts of natural fat with dry skin, it does not form the necessary protective film, designed to protect the face from drying out and adverse effects of the external environment.
Dry skin care ^
As a result, the skin quickly loses moisture, peels off, becomes very sensitive and quickly ages. If you do not take urgent measures and do not compensate for the loss of fatty grease, by the age of 25, the first wrinkles around the eyes may appear. And by the age of 40 almost all women have normal skin gradually becoming dry.
To combat early aging, first of all, it is necessary to properly care for dry skin and maximum exclusion of harmful external and internal factors contributing to its drying. Cosmetologists developed a whole set of tips, using which you can keep her youth, freshness and protect yourself from wrinkles for a long time.
- Refuse the use of soap, to remove makeup use only cosmetic milk or cream, at night always remove cosmetics.
- Masks should be washed off with warm water, preferably with broths of herbs, apply the cream on damp skin.
- Handle it with the utmost care, do not rub the towel, just blot it lightly and leave it slightly damp.
- Tonic should not contain alcohol, which contributes to drying.
- Refuse from drinking alcohol, coffee, cola and other caffeinated drinks, which are diuretics and greatly dehydrate not only the skin, but the entire body.
- Do not use laxatives and diuretics, which, along with moisture, wash away useful micronutrients from the body.
- Every day, drink at least two liters of clean water, eating a few crystals of sea salt.
Strengthened loss of moisture contributes to visiting the sauna, swimming in the pool with chlorinated water, as well as the occupation of those sports in which you sweat intensely. Before swimming, apply a thick layer of fat cream on the face, neck and décolleté area.
Owners of dry skin are very harmful to be exposed to direct sunlight, especially if the skin has a large number of birthmarks and birthmarks. When entering the street, use sunscreen, and if the air is excessively dry in the room, use humidifiers or at least place the vessels with water on the windowsill.
Proper nutrition, including foods rich in fats, carbohydrates and vitamins, plays an important role.
- Particularly required vitamin C, contained in large quantities in vegetables, fruits, herbs, citrus, nuts and dogrose.
- Include meat, liver, cheese, eggs, legumes and apples in the diet as a source of vitamin B2( riboflavin) essential for the health of the skin.
- In your menu there must be products rich in vitamin A, considered a vitamin of beauty. A lot of vitamin A is found in carrots, red pepper, tomatoes, peaches, apricots, dogrose, persimmon.
- In addition, very useful products containing selenium - the most unique element, which is a very powerful antioxidant and stimulant of immunity. Selenium is worthy, according to American scientists, to be listed in the Red Book for its unique properties to prevent the development of cancer cells.
- Eat more ordinary onions, rightfully considered a product of youth even in ancient Egypt. Onion contains selenium in combination with vitamins C and E, which prevents aging of the whole organism.
- It is also recommended to eat cereals and wholemeal bread on a regular basis, containing carbohydrates and fiber, which contributes to good bowel performance and cleansing from slags.
Masks for dry skin of the face ^
Very useful nourishing masks for dry skin of the face, which is desirable to do regularly, at least once a week.
Be sure to test for allergenicity to the mask, applying a small amount of it by ear and washing it off with water after 15-20 minutes. But note that an allergic reaction may not appear immediately, but only after a while, so it's better to wait longer.
If you use products in the mask that you eat, then you can not make preliminary tests. Do not forget also that masks can not be applied to irritations, inflammations and any damage to the skin.
A simple, but very effective mask of oatmeal flakes, which perfectly nourishes and softens the skin, and also eliminates peeling.
- To 1 tablespoon oat flakes, add 4 tablespoons of hot milk, hold in the heat for 8-10 minutes, let them swell.
- The mask should be kept on the face for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Oat and Oil Mask
- Cook the oatmeal in milk, then take 1 tablespoon of the resulting porridge and stir with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Apply a thick layer, after 15 minutes rinse with warm water and then with cool water.
Mask with chamomile
If the tendency to irritation will be useful for masks for dry skin of the face with an extract of chamomile.
- Mix 1 yolk, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of extract( buy at the pharmacy).
- Hold for 10 to 15 minutes.
Honey - oil mask
If you do not have an allergy to honey, it smooths and nourishes the honey-and-oil mask.
- Take 1 yolk, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, a few drops of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Shake well and add 1 tsp.finely ground oatmeal.
If something is not at hand, it's not a reason not to make a mask. You can combine all the components listed above in your own way, for example, adding various fruits, medicinal herbs, boiled potatoes, sour cream, home-made mayonnaise - all these ingredients are very useful.
Be creative, the main thing is that regular skin care is a pleasant and useful ritual for you.