Causes of appearance, signs, treatment and prevention of chronic periodontitis
Mar 06, 2018
Modern dentistry knows two types of pathology affecting parodontium: actually, periodontal disease and periodontitis, which is characterized by lightning-fast flow and the presence of inflammatory changes in the actual tissues. Due to the untreated acute form of this pathology, chronic periodontitis is formed.
Disease, characterized by a frequent change of relapses and remissions, is called chronic generalized periodontitis. This form of the disease is characterized by the defeat of periodontal tissues and has a diffuse character.
Stages of development of dangerous pathology
Dangerous dental pathology, also called chronic periodontitis, has three stages of development:
- Mild( the disease progresses against the background of primary pathologies of the oral cavity).
- Medium( developed due to the spread of the inflammatory-dystrophic process).
- Heavy( formed due to incorrect treatment or lack thereof).
Exacerbation of chronic periodontitis can occur at any stage of the progression of this disease. The cause of exacerbation of the pathological process can be both the reaction of the body to some local changes, and a decrease in its resistance.
The exacerbation of chronic periodontitis is characterized by the presence of pain on the gingival mucosa. The site swells, becomes hyperemic. Symptoms such as heavy bleeding, mobility of some teeth and bad smell from the mouth appear.
During the development of the disease, purulent exudate is formed. As a result, an abscess appears, which is spontaneously opened.
The main symptoms of
Chronic periodontitis has common and specific signs that are characteristic for each of the stages of the disease.
General Symptoms of
Dentists identify the following common symptoms of this pathology:
- pulsating gums;
- discomfort associated with pruritus;
- mobility of teeth on the affected area;
- discomfort during eating;
- Hypersensitivity of the neck of the teeth.
Symptomatics of mild
In case of mild illness, clients ignore dental offices. The reason for such frivolous behavior is often the complete absence of clinical symptoms.
For an easy degree of chronic periodontitis, symptoms such as:
- appear during the cleaning of teeth;
- palpable pruritus;
- burning of the gums;
- appearance of blood during the use of coarse rigid products.
When a patient turns to the dentist, the doctor discovers all the signs of gingival inflammation, as well as supragingival and subgingival specific deposits.
Symptomatic of the middle stage
The chronicant periodontitis, which has progressed to an average degree, is distinguished by the presence of a bright clinical picture. To address to the qualified stomatologist of the patient forces disturbance of functioning of the dentoalveolar system. Symptoms such as increased gingival hemorrhage and mobility of the teeth are observed.
Symptomatic of severe
When the pathology develops into a severe stage, the symptoms are as follows:
- gum disease( bleeding continues);
- revealing multiple abscesses in the gingiva;
- filling the periodontal pockets with pus.
The teeth located in the hearth can not be saved. This is explained by the fact that this form of periodontitis adjoins other somatic pathologies.
Intervention by the dentist
In order for the treatment of chronic periodontitis to be successful, it is important to establish and eliminate the factors that provoked the disease. Tactics depend on the stage of the disease.
Assistance in the first stage of
In case the disease did not manage to progress to the middle stage, the treatment of chronic periodontitis passes in stages:
- Elimination of dental calculus and specific plaque.
- Antibacterial therapy( involves the imposition of the affected areas of applications, as well as rinsing the mouth with solutions of antiseptics).
- Control examination in the dental office( conducted after six months).
Assistance with moderate degree
When the disease develops to an average degree, the fight against the disease will be longer. Treatment is also carried out in several stages:
- Elimination of specific deposits.
- Grinding of teeth that have not undergone a pathological process.
- Removal of affected teeth.
- Assignment of non-steroidal medications that stop the development of inflammation.
- Purpose of antibacterial drugs.
- Purpose of physiotherapy procedures, which include hydromassage of the gums.
Follow-up examination is performed a couple of months after the end of the first stage of treatment.
The second stage of the treatment of chronic periodontitis involves the passage of patients with preventive procedures that stop the occurrence of relapse.
Help with the severe stage
Unfortunately, with the development of the disease in the late stage, the methods of conservative treatment are powerless.
So, reconstructive operations are supposed to be performed to restore the destroyed jaw zones and prosthetic teeth. Simultaneously, the dentist assigns a course of antibiotic therapy to the client, the duration of which depends on the extent of the lesion.
The forecast is rarely favorable. Most often the patient becomes a hospital client.
In order to protect yourself from this "harmless" disease, you must regularly visit the dental office and comply with hygiene requirements.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: