Stomatology: folk remedies for stomatitis
All used folk remedies for stomatitis are used in traditional treatment regimens. That speaks of their original effectiveness, tested not by one generation.
Features of stomatitis
This is important! Under stomatitis is meant inflammation of the oral cavity. It does not matter which part of it we are talking about. Therefore, stomatitis can be considered a group of several related pathologies. But they are related only by the basic mechanisms of pathogenesis.
According to the main reasons for the development of stomatitis, it is customary to divide it into the following types:
- Catarrhal or simple stomatitis. Refers to the most common variant. It is connected with various factors.
- Disturbance of the qualitative and quantitative composition of the microflora of the mouth.
- Irrational nutrition.
- Non-compliance with the basic rules of personal oral hygiene.
- Dehydration of the body.
- Mechanical damage to the mucosa of the mouth.
- Smoking of tobacco and other mixtures.
- Diseases associated with decreased salivary glands. This is Sjogren's disease, uremia, sugar and diabetes insipidus, tumors of the mouth, anemia.
- Dental procedures: prosthetics and wearing removable dentures.
- Aftozny or ulcerative stomatitis. Named for the formation of small ulcers or aphthae on the oral mucosa. Occurs under the influence of a lack of vitamins and / or a decrease in the functioning of the protective system. The disease is characterized by persistent and recurrent course. This means that his treatment requires some effort, and not completely treated pathology appears again under any stress or hypothermia.
- Allergic stomatitis. It occurs as a result of the hyperactivity of the immune system. According to the basic characteristics, it resembles catarrhal inflammation of the oral mucosa. But its immediate cause is associated with a certain allergen. Stomatitis occurs irrespective of external and internal conditions, simply from simple contact with this allergen.
- Vesicular variant of acute inflammation of the oral cavity. Occurs as a result of the actions of some rabdoviruses. A distinctive feature is small vesicles on the oral mucosa. They are filled with transparent content, do not tend to increase in size. As the disease progresses, these vesicles burst or pass without a trace.
- Herpetic stomatitis. It is similar to a vesicular variant only on external signs: small vesicles. But these vesicles are much smaller, in number exceed the vesicular version. They are called rashes. Pass only through opening the outer surface for 3 to 4 days. In addition, hermetic stomatitis is characterized by a systemic inflammatory reaction( an increase in body temperature above 37 ° C) and intoxication phenomena( weakness, drowsiness).The pathological process, provided that it is adequately treated, is 7-8 days long.
- Traumatic. It is caused by its own conditionally pathogenic or microflora. Occurs as a result of mucosal damage.
Pathogenesis, Clinic and Diagnosis of
Disease The above reasons are only triggers for the development of inflammation of the mouth. The pathogenesis itself remains unclear. But the immune system plays a big role. More precisely - its anomalies.
The etiologic factor, acting on the mucous membrane, leads to the activity of a protective system. The local link begins to "attack" the microorganisms of the mucosa. At the same time, there is damage to own epithelial cells. As a result, the main signs of the disease are formed.
- Pain in the mouth.
- Hyperemia. By expanding the capillaries of the mouth.
- Vesicular rash or ulcer.
The duration of the disease depends on the state of the body to a greater extent than from the etiologic factor. Even with traumatic stomatitis, oral ulcers can last from 4 to 5 days to 1.5 weeks. With the same compositions, microflora.
Diagnosis of stomatitis is not difficult. For this, a visual inspection is sufficient. Comparison of concomitant manifestations and characteristic signs of inflammation indicates the form of stomatitis. No special tests are required. Only with a relapsing course of the patient should be sent to the immunogram. Since frequent stomatitis is one of the true signs of problems with the immune system.
Treatment and therapy
The choice of method of treatment always depends on the etiologic factor. But with inflammatory processes of the oral cavity they are of less importance. Therefore, in any form, several basic rules of treatment are used.
- Local use of medicines. Rinsing is good for this. Therefore, folk methods of treatment are widely spread here.
- Regularity of treatment.
- Compliance with the rules of personal oral hygiene.
- Compliance with the general health regime of the day.
In some cases, in addition to general treatment rules, specific drugs are used. So, for herpetic stomatitis necessarily use interferons. But in most cases, people's treatment is no less effective than traditional medicine.
Here are a few recipes for how to cure stomatitis with folk remedies. Common to them is the way of application. This is a mouth rinse and applying ointments to the mucosa. Therefore, they all represent mixtures of various substances, dissolved in water or milk, mush-like ointments.
- Garlic and milk. This folk remedy for stomatitis is based on bactericidal, anti-inflammatory properties of garlic "juice."For the preparation of "ointment" root crops of garlic are used. They after the necessary cleaning are kneaded into a slurry to which is added 15 - 20 ml.(4 cloves) of sour milk or curdled milk. All this is mixed up. The received "ointment" is smeared with the affected mucous membrane 3 times a day. The course of application is at least 3 - 4 days. But in some situations it can be extended up to a week.
- Tubers of young potatoes and olive oil. Preparation of "ointment" is as follows. Potatoes are rubbed through a fine grater. This results in a gruel-like mass. To it is added 15 ml.oil at the rate of 1 potato 5 ml. Everything is thoroughly mixed."Ointment" is ready for use. It is applied to the mucous membrane of the mouth in the area of the lesion in the morning, afternoon and evening. The course of treatment is 5 days. Perhaps the use of potato lobules. They are simply applied to the affected areas.
- Folk "ointment" based on honey. For its preparation, melted honey( 1 part) is mixed with 0.1 part of olive oil, 0.5 parts of chicken raw protein. All is mixed and 2.5 ml is added to the prepared mixture.0.5% Novocaine. After that this "ointment" is used 2 times a day to lubricate all the oral cavity. Course - 7 days.
- "Ointment" based on aloe. The fresh leaf of the plant is crushed to a puree state. To it olive oil is added. The resulting product is ready for use. It is applied to the affected areas 2 times a day for 30 minutes. Course - 5 days.
In addition to all these recipes, folk ways of treating stomatitis include the use of various decoctions and infusions. They are designed for rinsing. Are made on the basis of a sage, carrots, a turn, a camomile, etc.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: