The tooth aches after the treatment of pulpitis - the causes and methods of help
Unpleasant, and, unfortunately, a fairly common disease, characterized by severe pain, is pulpitis. Situations when the tooth hurts after treatment of pulpitis, are also not uncommon. This condition in some cases is a regularity, and in some - a direct consequence of an incorrect treatment strategy or a dentist's mistake.
Features of painful sensations
In order to prevent this dangerous complication, it is important to know how the tooth hurts when pulpitis. This will allow persons who decide to visit the dentist only when the painful syndrome becomes simply unbearable, to treat the pathology in a timely manner. In general, pain in pulpitis is continuous. At night, there is an increase in temperature and increased pain.
The disease occurs in several stages, each of which has its own character of painful sensations.
- The initial stage is characterized by the appearance of infrequent aching pains.
- In acute focal pathology, severe pain is irrational.
- With fibrous chronic form, there is a slight background discomfort.
- With gangrenous chronic pulpitis, the pain is strong enough, and the tooth is hypersensitive to hot food.
Why does it hurt?
Correctly answer the question why the tooth hurts after the pulpitis treatment can only a qualified dentist. The main reasons for the appearance of painful sensations include both tissue trauma and improper root canal filling.
Treatment of pathology involves the elimination of the inflamed pulp and the filling of open channels. When a person has a toothache after pulpitis, this is caused by factors such as:
- , the elimination of the neurovascular bundle( the upper portion of the tooth roots);
- microtraction of tissues, resulting from instrumental treatment of root canal channels;
- hit the topical tissues of antiseptic drugs, through which the dentist performed washing of the root canals.
The appearance of aching pain or swelling in the gum area is a clear signal that the tooth treatment was incorrect. Discomfort may occur in the case of:
- root filling not at the top level;
- removing the material fillings beyond the top of the root;
- finding in the root channel of a stuck tool.
If the tooth hurts after pulpitis in case of correct sealing, the discomfort will not last longer than three days.
Whatever the reason for the appearance of a painful syndrome, it is recommended to seek qualified help. In some cases, tooth refurbishment is required.
Gums are in danger
In some cases, a person experiences a complication when the pulpitis is painful to the gum. Gingivitis, or inflammation of the gums, is a very dangerous condition, because it easily flows into the chronic form, and then it transforms into periodontitis. The patient should be prepared for the fact that even in the case of timely treatment, inflammation is not immediately lost. This is due to the fact that the tissues for a complete recovery need some time.
A small inflammation can form immediately after a medical intervention. This is a natural phenomenon, which after a while passes by itself.
To prevent the development of pathology can be through the means of conservative and traditional medicine. It is extremely important to use the means for rinsing the oral cavity after eating.
Relieving the painful syndrome
If the tooth hurts after a pulpitis, then you can stop the unpleasant sensations with:
- Rinse with cold or warm water.
- Safe painkillers( Nurofen or Ketanov).
- Anti-inflammatory drugs( topical in the absence of an allergic reaction).
When after a pulpitis the gum hurts, then the time-proven folk recipes come to the rescue. So, to eliminate inflammation is recommended with the help of baking soda, salt, or furatsilina. In the presence of bleeding, you need to use infusion of chamomile or a decoction of sage.
Applying to the patient site analgin is strictly not recommended. Otherwise, the situation will only worsen.
It is possible to ease your condition in the treatment of painful sensations if you do not sleep on the sore side and chew food only on the healthy side of the jaw.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: