Sinusitis treatment with folk remedies
Jul 06, 2018
Sinusitis is called acute or chronic inflammation of the mucosa of the paranasal sinuses, or sinuses, nasal cavity.
Symptoms: sinusitis is characterized by the accumulation of mucus and pus in the paranasal sinuses, which causes severe headaches, deterioration of hearing and vision. There is weakness and general malaise, fever, soreness and heaviness in the areas of the sinuses and the root of the nose. There are nasal congestion, mucopurulent discharge, lachrymation. Sense of smell and taste. At the front, pain and heaviness appear in the frontal region, which increase with the tilt of the head down, as well as pain in the eyeballs. With sphenoiditis may be painful in the occipital region or "in the depths" of the head. More about the symptoms, see here.
What's going on? Sinusitis most often occurs as a complication after a cold, flu, rhinitis, or develops against a background of infectious diseases such as measles and scarlet fever. The cause of sinusitis can also be the presence of polyps and swelling of the mucous membrane in the middle nasal passage, as well as caries in one of the four upper teeth, whose roots can be protruded into the sinus cavity.
Sinusitis is more common in pre-school and school children, as well as in adolescents, but the common cold generously shares microbes even with tiny infant sinuses.
What should I do? Treatment is performed under the supervision of an otolaryngologist and includes vasoconstrictive drops and antibiotics. Often, the maxillary sinus is punctured with lavage.
• no runny nose( more than a week or two) or an acute respiratory disease is returned immediately after the course of antibiotic treatment;
• Dark circles appear under the eyes and lower eyelids swell;
• the face becomes pale and emaciated;
• thick, yellow discharge from the nose and eyes;
• an obsessive cough, usually worse at night;
• bad breath coming from infected mucus in the back of the throat;
• fatigue and a slight increase in temperature.
1. Prepare the collection: take in equal amounts a dogrose, alfalfa, nettle, mint, celandine, elecampane, pods of beans, celery, chamomile.3 tbsp. Spoonful of collection pour 500 ml of boiling water, cool, strain. Drink an infusion of 1/2 cup 20 minutes before meals 3 times a day.
2. Cut the upper bark of the elm naked finely and dry. Brew and drink instead of tea 1 glass 3 times a day.
3. 2 tbsp.spoons of ivan-herb tea brew 0.5 liters of boiling water, bring to a boil and insist 30 minutes. Take V3 glasses 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
4. Take a leaf of Kalanchoe and squeeze out the juice from it. Bury in each nostril 1-2 drops 3 times a day.
5. Take in equal proportions the herb of St. John's wort, stripes, flowers of marigold and chamomile, 1 tbsp. Spoon a mixture of pour 100 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes, drain, take 2 times a day after meals.
6. Prepare the collection: 5 g each - fruits of ashberry ordinary, common grapefruit herb, tulag leaves of vyzolic type, 15 g each - fruits and raspberry leaves.1 tbsp.spoon collection pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, cover and insist 40-50 minutes. Take 1-2 glasses 3-4 times a day.
7. Prepare the collection: cinnamon cinnamon fruit - 5 g, peppermint leaves - 10 g, chamomile flowers - 10 g, root carrot seed - 15 g. 1 tbsp.spoon collection pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, cover and insist 40-50 minutes. Take 1-2 glasses 3-4 times a day.
8. For acute sinusitis, prepare a honey-propolis ointment: honey - 7.5 g, propolis - 7.5 g, Vaseline - 10 g, lanolin - 25 g, anestezin - 2 g. Mix the mixture on a water bath and stir upthe formation of a homogeneous mass. Ointment to pawn in the nose 1-2 times a day for 10-12 days.
9. Honey combs are an excellent remedy to help clear the maxillary sinuses. It is necessary 3-5 times a day to chew small pieces( 1-2 cm in size) of natural honeycombs.
10. Prepare the collection: the herb St. John's wort - 5 grams, chamomile flowers - 10 g, yarrow herb - 15 g, herb celandine large - 5 g. 2 tbsp.spoon collection pour 1 cup boiling water, put for 30 minutes in a warm place, then use for steam inhalation. Before steam inhalation it is recommended to drink a glass of hot tea from the leaves of a black currant or a string. Inhalations do daily( 6-8 procedures per treatment course, the duration of one inhalation is 5 minutes).A small but important detail: before inhalation it is necessary to cleanse the nose well.
11. Prepare the collection: leaves of eucalyptus ball - 5 g, flowers of calendula officinalis - 5 g, leaves of raspberry ordinary - 15 g. 2 tbsp.spoon collection pour 1 cup boiling water, put for 30 minutes in a warm place, then use for steam inhalation.
12. Rinse the sore spots( nose and sinuses) with mustard oil at least once a day until recovery;
13. Breathe over the steam of pine buds( it is very convenient to use for this steam inhaler "Lotus"), provided that within 3-4 hours after the procedure you do not plan to go out.
14. The contrasting foot bath and respiratory gymnastics, which include a series of short breaths through the nose, also help to cure sinusitis.
Sinusitis is treated like otitis, but longer. Often a child needs four to six weeks of antibiotic treatment to get rid of sinusitis completely. In addition to antibiotics, it is important to clean the baby's nose to help the discharge from the sinuses of the nose and, if the sinusitis is accompanied by an allergy, it is necessary to remove the swelling of the nasal mucosa. In addition to using anti-swelling agents, there are safe and effective prescription nasal sprays that open the nasal passages, allowing the fluid to flow out of the sinuses.