Possible consequences of kidney cancer and various manifestations of the disease
Mar 08, 2018
Kidney cancer is a malignant tumor that forms in this organ. Most pathology affects people aged 60 to 80 years, and the peak incidence is usually at the age of 70 years. Women get sick twice as often, but the effects of kidney cancer are dangerous for everyone, without exception.
The exact cause of the pathology remains unknown, but it is possible to characterize the existing risk factors. The doctors proved it. That prolonged smoking provokes the development of pathology, and in 30% of cases, oncology is diagnosed in smokers.
This is important! Another not less significant etiologic factor is excess body weight. People with hypertension are also at risk of injury. In some studies, it is said about the direct effect of the use of diuretics and other drugs on the activation of renal oncology.
Manifestations of renal oncology
The classical triad of disease symptoms include:
- Pain sensations.
- The appearance in large quantities of blood in the urine.
- A tumor that is clearly defined by the touch.
The following signs of
- are also indicative of the disease: High blood pressure.
- Body temperature rise to 37 degrees and above for a long time.
- Syndrome of pressure on the lower vena cava - swelling in the legs, widening of the veins under the skin on the abdomen, plugging of deep veins in the legs with clots from blood clots.
In addition to these symptoms, there may be signs of development of metastasis - secondary foci of growth of tumors developing in nearby and in distant organs, bone pain, pathological fractures, neuralgia - headaches, seizures, motor coordination disorders, jaundice.
In renal oncology, there are common signs of poisoning of the body:
- Anemia - a decrease in the concentration of hemoglobin.
- The high rate of erythrocyte sedimentation, indicating the development of the inflammatory process.
- Lack of appetite, strong weight loss.
Forms of pathology development
There are four main stages in the formation of a malignant tumor by its prevalence:
- Stage 1 is a tumor smaller than 7 cm in diameter, located only within the organ.
- Stage 2 is a tumor larger than 7 cm in diameter, but also does not exceed the limits of the organ.
- Stage 3 - the tumor extends beyond the body into large veins and nearby tissues, damages the first regional lymph node.
- Stage 4 - the tumor is characterized by the presence of already distant metastases and sprouts into the proximal organs.
Methods of treatment and complications of
The treatment of kidney cancer is primarily surgical. The most radical method is complete removal of the damaged organ. The kidney is a paired organ, in connection with which, when one kidney is removed, the second begins to fully realize its functions. When a kidney cancer is diagnosed, the nearby lymph nodes are sometimes removed to prevent the spread of metastases in the lymphatic system.
Sometimes the entire fat layer around the damaged kidney is removed together with the lymph nodes and vessels. Surgical access during the classical operation is performed through the abdomen - the median laparotomy. But now a number of alternative ways of accessing operations are known in medicine. For example, laparoscopic access - the kidney is removed through a small incision. With a small tumor, an organosaving operation is performed.
This is important! Recently, doctors increasingly produce incomplete removal of the organ, but only its parts. Usually this happens in case of defeat and the second kidney failure. Urolithiasis, etc. In this situation, the hope for a full-fledged work of the pair body is not great.
There are a variety of ways to influence neoplasm by means of laser, ultrasound, microwaves. The listed methods are considered innovative, but their effectiveness is constantly controversial, since there are not enough experimental cases. Oncology of the kidney can not be treated with chemotherapy.
Forecasts of the disease will depend on the diagnosis and the presence of a metastatic lesion. With early diagnosis and the right treatment, there is a chance of achieving a full recovery. But in the formation of metastases, the prognosis becomes unfavorable. Oncology in the kidney is characterized by a malignant course. Despite the slow growth, in the body soon metastases begin to spread.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: