Intracranial hypertension: treatment and causes of the disease
Intracranial hypertension( ICH) - intracranial hypertension, evenly distributed throughout the circumference of the skull. Most often, men are affected by the disease, among children the same manifestations of hypertension are observed, both in girls and boys. If the patient is diagnosed with intracranial hypertension - the treatment is appointed after a complete examination and repels the causes of the disease.
Why does high intracranial pressure occur?
The causes of VCG are most often:
- Extensive cerebral edema, hydrocephalus, the presence of multiple tumors.
- Prolonged hypoxia( oxygen starvation).
- For meningitis or encephalitis.
- In case of problems with the outflow of venous blood, as a result of which blood accumulates in the cavity of the skull, which leads to increased pressure.
- Craniocerebral trauma.
Do not ignore the symptoms of the disease, as untimely treatment can lead to negative consequences. Intracranial hypertension is manifested: increased sensitivity to weather changes( meteosensitivity), morning and night headache, unreasonable nausea and vomiting, "goose bumps" in the eyes, loss of orientation in space, pain in the heart, nervousness and drowsiness. If several symptoms appear simultaneously, it is important to respond as soon as possible and to see a doctor, after diagnosis, the cause is established and treatment is prescribed - intracranial hypertension is corrected with the help of medications and conservative techniques.
Correction of intracranial hypertension
Depending on the change in the general condition of the patient, his age and type of disease, the doctor prescribes appropriate treatment. Treatment of intracranial hypertension in adults can occur through the use of medications, and in case of progression - by surgical intervention. What methods of treatment are offered by modern medicine:
- Benign intracranial hypertension is mainly manifested in women with "extra" weight at the age of 20 to 45 years, the risk of the disease increases with the constant use of medications, after pregnancy, with hyper- and hypovitaminosis. For treatment, doctors prescribe a strict diet for weight loss, taking diuretics( Diacarb in particular), lumbar punctures to reduce pressure, in some cases - small doses of corticosteroids. In the case of severe visual impairment, methylprednisolone is given intravenously and a referral is sent to the ophthalmologist for possible surgical intervention.
- Light intracranial hypertension is treated with diuretics( diuretics) and glycerol( polyhydric alcohol) - it does not work so effectively, but for a longer time. It is important - the medication should be prescribed by the attending physician, independent treatment can lead to extremely adverse consequences for the patient.
- Treatment of intracranial hypertension in children is usually performed conservatively, in case of complications, surgery is used. Depending on the cause of the disease, the doctor selects the necessary drugs - if the child manifests a disease due to a violation of the production of cerebrospinal fluid, he is under regular supervision of a neurologist to eliminate possible complications. If residual encephalopathy with intracranial hypertension manifested itself as a complication of an infectious disease, treatment is prescribed depending on the etiology of the disease and on age, is conducted both in the clinic and with the possibility of leaving the home of the attending physician.
- For the treatment of idiopathic intracranial hypertension, the administration of acetazolamide or diamox is prescribed, these drugs reduce the production of cerebrospinal fluid, which leads to normalization of intracranial pressure. These drugs have a number of side effects, however, doctors recommend taking them until there is an improvement - usually the side effects disappear after a month.
- Surgical treatment of the syndrome of intracranial hypertension in adults is used only in extreme cases, when medication does not help. In such a case, a lumbar puncture is prescribed every other day, when the pressure is restored, once a week. Surgery with bypass surgery has proven itself as a fight against the disease, so even the extreme degree of HFG can be localized.
As additional measures in the correction of HFG, it is recommended to monitor the intake of water - no more than 1.5 liters per day, the use of diuretics and glucocorticoids, maintenance of CPR( central perfusion pressure) at a level of 50-70 mm Hg. Art.
How to cure a disease without medication?
In order for intracranial venous hypertension to be completely eliminated, in addition to medical treatment, the following procedures are prescribed:
- Osteopathy and manual therapy of the cervical spine can relieve the venous bed of the head.
- Gymnastics, designed for each individual case, will allow you to normalize the pressure yourself.
- Acupuncture and physiotherapy are prescribed in conjunction with complementary therapy.
- A suitable diet and the correct mode of food and water intake are aimed at normalizing the pressure.
Recipes of traditional medicine will help maintain the normal state of the body during the correction of HFG, for this use infusions, decoctions or oils.
To prepare the infusion for use inside, you need to take a lavender infusion( chemist lavender soak 250 ml of boiling water, insist for 60 minutes), take a tablespoon before meals once a day, the course of treatment is 30 days.
To reduce the pressure, it is necessary to prepare the infusion: two heads of peeled garlic and two lemons grate or mix in a blender until the consistency of the porridge is obtained, pour the mixture into 1 , 5 liters of hot boiled water( not boiling water), leave in a dark place for a day. After this, strain and take 2 tbsp.spoon before going to bed for 14 days.
To remove the headache will help warm lavender oil, for the effect it is necessary to lubricate the temporal parts of the skull before going to bed. For the following procedure, you need to mix 3 tbsp.spoons of alcohol( 700) and camphor oil. Lubricate the scalp with a mixture before bed, cover with a plastic bag, top the head with a handkerchief or towel, leave it overnight. Sutra thoroughly wash your head, repeat the procedure every other day for 20 days.
Treatment of intracranial hypertension with medication and folk prescriptions will be effective only if the recommendations of the attending physician are fully observed. In the absence of a desire to consult a doctor, it is important to remember that only a specialist after a complete examination can identify the cause of HFG and prescribe a course of treatment. Independent treatment can not only not give results, but also lead to disastrous consequences.