Fever( elevated body temperature) - Causes, symptoms and treatment. MF.
The fever is considered to be a temperature above 38 degrees C( 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit).A febrile condition can be if the body temperature exceeds the average normal by 37 degrees C( 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit).
fever is one of the body's own methods to fight the disease. The increase in body temperature, apparently, is capable of killing many pathogens. For this reason, if fever is not too severe, it is not necessary to take antipyretics for treatment. Although if the fever is accompanied by any other anxiety symptoms, you may need to consult a doctor to make sure there are no other serious health problems. From a fever in the range of 40 degrees C, and higher, however, there may be undesirable consequences, especially for children. They can include delirium and cramps. A fever of this kind requires immediate treatment( taking a febrifuge), and calling a doctor. The possibility of home treatment include the use of aspirin or, in children, painkillers such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen, cool baths, wiping to reduce the temperature until medical help arrives.
Fever can occur with almost any type of infection by the disease. The temperature is measured with a thermometer. Fever is also called hyperthermia, fever.
Diseases in which the fever is
cancer • cat scratch disease
• Chicken pox( chicken pox)
• Cold, flu, allergy treatment
• Connective tissue disease
• Coxsacki virus
• Dengue fever
•E. coli 0157: H7
• Encephalitis and meningitis virus
• Enteroinvasive E. Coli( EIEC)
• Fifth disease
• Gastroenteritis( gastric flu)
• German measles( rubella)
• Group BStreptcoccal
human immunodeficiency • Infectious mononucleosis
• Inflammatory bowel disease: intestinal problems
• Kawasaki disease
disease • Malaria
• Respiratory syncytial virus
• Staphylococcal infection( Staphylococcus Aureus)
• Acute throat pharyngitis
• Swine flu
• Toxoplasma toxic shock syndrome
• Urinary Diseases( UTI in adults)
• Viral hepatitis
• West Nile Virus
• Whooping cough( whooping cough)
Possible causes of fever
• Bacterial infection
• Medications( both prescription and over-the-counter)
• Parasitic Infection
• Viral Infection
Drugs to reduce body temperature
• Acetaminophen, Tylenol, etc.
• Acetylsalicylic acid, Aspirin, Ecotrin
• Analgesics, Antipyretic
• andbuprofen, Advil, Advil children / Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare and the like.
• naproxen Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
To which doctor should I go for fever and fever
- an ambulance doctor at a temperature above 39 degrees
- infectious disease specialist