Lack of calcium - Causes, symptoms and treatment. MF.
Apr 19, 2018
Osteoporosis is a disease in which bones become brittle.
Causes of calcium deficiency
1. Inadequate intake of calcium from food.
2. Violation of the body's absorption of calcium.
3. Decreased level of estrogen in women after menopause and
4. Smoking, drinking strong coffee, tea. Nicotine and caffeine
5. Disease of the pituitary gland, treatment with hormones-glucocorticosteroids.
6. Thyroid disease - hypothyroidism.
7. Prolonged protein diet in adults.
8. A sedentary lifestyle.
9. Arterial hypertension.
What to do to prevent osteoporosis
The need for an adult in calcium is 1000 mg per day.
In adolescents and pregnant women, the need for calcium is 1200 mg per day
The need for women after menopause in calcium is 1500 mg per day
1. To prevent osteoporosis, you need to consume milk or dairy products daily. A lot of calcium is found in fish, vegetables with dark green leaves, especially in cabbage, broccoli, turnips.
2. Include vitamin D in your diet so that the body effectively absorbs calcium. Vitamin D is found in fish. In addition, vitamin D is synthesized by the skin when exposed to UV rays. It is enough to hold your face and hands in the sun for 10 minutes, so that the daily norm of vitamin D. is developed.
3. Observe a balanced diet. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and animal fats( sweets, sugar, bread, bakery, sugar-containing drinks, fatty foods).Eat regularly, do not get carried away by unloading diets. Constantly violating the diet, we change the internal environment of the body, creating conditions for disrupting the work of internal organs and the occurrence of diseases.
4.More more moving. Especially dangerous for bone tissue is a sedentary lifestyle. Movement is useful at any age: for example, in the amount of walking during the day for at least 2 hours - a great incentive to strengthen bones.
5. Limit one cup of strong coffee a day, better drink it in the morning. If you can not give up strong coffee - add a cup of milk replenishing calcium, which coffee is washing out of the body.
6. Avoid smoking causing bone loss.
7. Taking calcium preparations, which the doctor will appoint after the examination.
8. For the diagnosis of osteoporosis, modern methods of examination - densitometry and radiography - are used.
Help, which doctor is needed for lack of calcium
Osteoporosis is treated by an orthopedist-traumatologist, endocrinologist, therapist.