Dolphin therapy: dolphins treat people
Mar 11, 2018
Dolphin therapy is an unconventional alternative method of psychotherapy basedon communication of patients with dolphins.
These inhabitants of the seas and oceans symbolize strength, safety, salvation, freedom, speed, love and pleasure from ancient times.
Dolphin therapy: the essence and usefulness of communication with dolphins ^
Dolphin therapy is a section of animal therapy, the basis of treatment is the direct contact between sick people and dolphins.
The main goal of this correctional, rehabilitation and therapeutic technique is to eliminate painful abnormalities and to positively influence the emotional, psychological and physiological processes taking place in the body.
Dolphin therapy aims to achieve the following results:
- Getting positive emotions;
- Improving self-esteem;
- Sensomotor, physical and speech development;
- Exit from self-isolation;
- Stimulating the development of interest in the world around us;
- Replenishment of missing emotions;
- Removing stress, poor health, physical or nervous tension.
Two types of effects of these mammals on sick people testify to how dolphins are treated:
- A physiological mechanism that consists of the relaxation, vibroacoustic, ultrasound and reflexotherapeutic effects of a dolphin on a human;
- A psychological mechanism based on games and communication with the dolphin.
Dolphins treat people through their specific ultrasound waves, motor activity and peculiar communication.
Which diseases treat dolphins: indications and contraindications for dolphin therapy ^
Dolphin therapy has proved effective in the following diseases:
- cerebral palsy, RDA, Down's syndrome;
- Hearing and speech disorders;
- Delayed mental, speech and mental development;
- Memory disorders;
- Muscle asthenia;
- Neuroses, post-traumatic stresses.
Dolphin therapy has some contraindications, for example, it should not be used in patients with epilepsy, infectious or skin diseases and oncology.
Significant additional help in improving the physical and emotional state is provided by dolphin therapy in cerebral palsy, during which the child calms down, relaxes and gradually improves speech and physical development.
Dolphin therapy for neuroses and depressive disorders also showed excellent results. The effectiveness of this technique is due to the presence of unique abilities, thanks to which dolphins treat depression, apathy, insomnia after several sessions.
Excellent results were shown by dolphin therapy in memory disorders, when, after contact with these animals, there was an increased concentration of attention, activation of thought processes and increased mental performance.
About whether the dolphins are treating people's diseases, I testify to a lot of facts, one of which is the use of dolphin therapy to two children with RDA.Already after several sessions they had an increase in communication skills, friendliness, positive and curious attitude to the world around them and a focus on the fulfillment of certain tasks.
The main areas of dolphin therapy are:
- Diagnostic direction, during which the patient's contact with the dolphin is free and carried out with minimal participation of other people;
- Correction. In this case, the contact of the patient with the animal occurs in conjunction with a specialist, where a solution of psycho-correctional, psycho-preventive and other tasks is planned.
Dolphin therapy for children: feedback, video ^
Dolphin therapy is very useful for children suffering from certain intractable diseases. Most often this method is used in the following cases:
- for speech and auditory disorders,
- in the presence of cerebral palsy,
- Down syndrome.
Specially trained dolphins are able to immerse sick patients in the world of tactile sensitive contact and general ultrasound. Communication, classes and games with these intelligent benevolent mammals develop and improve the motor, motor and speech abilities of the child, positively affect the nervous central system, strengthen the immune system and develop a muscle corset.
Dolphin therapy for children with speech and hearing disorders helps them increase their speech abilities, partially restore hearing, gain self-confidence, relieve stress and stabilize mood.
Dolphin therapy for children with cerebral palsy can lead to excellent positive results. With each session performed in children with cerebral palsy, communication with the dolphin causes a lot of positive emotions and improves their general condition through visual, emotional and tactile contacts.
In addition, children gradually develop speech and motor skills, improve fine motor skills, relax and train certain muscle groups.
Dolphin therapy for children with early childhood autism and Down syndrome, along with canister therapy, has found wide application in zoomedicine. This technique is designed to solve the following main tasks:
- Change feelings of anxiety, aggression, anger, fear and indifference with increased activity, curiosity, benevolence, self-confidence and gaining other positive qualities and feelings;
- To help build relationships in society;
- Pull out of self-isolation;
- To get rid of communication difficulties;
- Strengthen the muscles and improve the performance of internal organs.
Reviews about dolphin therapy confirm the healing effect of animals on sick people. Communication with these unique mammals really normalizes the heart activity, gives a mental balance, improves sleep, improves mood and efficiency.
Children with physical and neurological abnormalities are noted to increase concentration, improve memory and physical condition, they become more sociable, relaxed, kind and responsive.