Diabetes diet - what can and can not be
Mar 08, 2018
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that is incurable, in which the body does not( or does not recognize) in the required amount of hormone insulin, due to which the decomposition of sucrose occurs. If this disease is not treated, it will cause a powerful malfunction in the work of the whole organism, as well as disrupt carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. The intake of insulin and other methods of treatment are, of course, important components, but the diabetic diet contributes greatly to maintaining the necessary balance.
What is the most effective
All types of diabetes diets seek to stabilize carbohydrate metabolism in the body. Diet No. 9 for patients with type II diabetes is the most universal and highly effective. The main feature of such nutrition lies in the desire to reduce energy value through the use of easily assimilated animal fat and carbohydrates.
Foods recommended for cooking dishes included in Table No. 9:
- Low-fat fish, for example, pike-perch, cod, pike;
- lamb, turkey, chicken;
- sausage with a little fat;
- any bakery product for the preparation of which whole grains and bran were used;
- soups based on vegetables;
- virtually any vegetables( zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, greens, etc.);
- boiled eggs, but not more than one per day;
- low-fat dairy products;
- drinks, such as fruit juice without sugar, non-carbonated mineral water.
Generally accepted requirements for the composition and diet for diabetes:
- Treatment of type 1 diabetes should be accompanied by a low-calorie diet( not more than 30 kcal per 1 kg of body weight), and the second type - a subcaloric diet( not more than 25 kcal per 1 kg of body weight).
- Diabetic nutrition should be frequent, therefore, the diet should be formulated with this indicator.
- The basis of nutrition should consist of digestible carbohydrates.
- When preparing a diet, you need to remember enough fiber( cellulose).This point is important for both types of diabetes.
- Salt can be consumed in very limited quantities.
- Vegetable fats must be at least 50% of the total.
- The diet should contain enough nutrients, vitamins and trace elements, without which normal life is impossible.
- It is necessary to refuse alcohol and smoking completely.
Often, a person who has heard the diagnosis of "diabetes" panics, because he does not understand what can and can not be used for food. The number of products under the ban seems to be endless. Although they are only those for which a high level of carbohydrates or a high glycemic index is characteristic. The whole danger is that the organism of a diabetic transforms such food into glucose( sugar).But you can not completely abandon carbohydrates, because they are an indispensable source of energy.
Products that must be excluded from the diet:
- fatty and saturated broth;
- meat of fatty varieties, fish, poultry, sausage, salted fish;
- cheese of fatty varieties, cream, curd cheese;
- rice, semolina, pasta;
- vegetables in salted or marinated form;
- jam, sugar, lemonade, sweet juice;
- sweet berries and fruits;
- ice cream.
The list of recommended products and dishes includes the following names:
- bread, for the production of which rye flour was used;
- flour products of poor origin;
- any vegetable soup, while potatoes should not be included in its composition;
- broth, which is based on meat or fish of low-fat variety;
- from fermented milk products: low-fat cottage cheese, faint cheese and some low-fat milk;
- buckwheat, millet, oatmeal, barley and barley cereals;
- any unsweetened vegetables, fruits or berries.
Diabetes is certainly a serious illness, but do not get upset because it can be easily controlled. To do this, you simply need to follow the following basic rules: diet and medical appointments. Proper nutrition is a guarantee of health for every person, and for a diabetic it is a vital necessity, therefore it is necessary to know exactly what benefits are hidden in the recommended food:
- Grapefruit is the most useful fruit for a diabetic patient. In principle, a low glycemic index and a high content of vitamin C characterize almost the entire list of citrus fruits, but grapefruit also contains many nutrients and minerals that are necessary for diabetics and contribute to lowering blood sugar levels.
- Kiwi can not only reduce the value of blood sugar, but also cleanse the blood. A fiber and enzymes, contained in large quantities in this fruit, contribute to reducing body weight in patients with diabetes. In addition, one fetus can make up the daily norm of vitamin C.
- Persimmon is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals, but one should not forget that it contains sucrose and glucose in large quantities. Use this fruit with caution, but the full restriction is also not recommended.
- Pomegranate fights with increased cholesterol, helps to cleanse blood vessels and increase hemoglobin levels. The pomegranate seeds contain the necessary amount of riboflavin, which promotes optimal carbohydrate metabolism. But even against the background of all these positive qualities, we should not forget that the pomegranate has an irritating effect on the stomach, so it is recommended to dilute the juice before use with water.
- Apples are popular due to their availability and high levels of pectin, which purifies blood and reduces sugar. In addition, for the apple is characterized by a negative caloric value, extremely valuable for a diabetic, dreaming to get rid of excess kilograms.
- Dates. For several years it was believed that the use of dates adversely affects the health of people suffering from diabetes, but not so long ago, scientists have proved that the amount of fructose contained in the fruit does not lead to an increase in the level of sugar( of course, if you do not eatdates in large quantities).
- Lemon is a very important and useful fruit for a diabetic, because he can lower the blood sugar level.
Among vegetables, too, there are many useful, but in some of them( for example, in potatoes) contains a huge amount of carbohydrates, which do not bear anything good for the diabetic. Pumpkin is quite another matter. Numerous folk recipes say that it is possible to reduce the level of sugar, and also to remove harmful cholesterol, with the help of ordinary pumpkin juice.
Beet, as in many other vegetables, contains sucrose, and this is the reason why for a long time it was considered a prohibited product for a diabetic. But, as you know, everything should be in moderation. So in this case: completely exclude beets from the diet is not worth it, because it is rich in chromium and zinc, which are extremely necessary for prolonged exposure to insulin.
In addition, there are many other useful products:
- mushrooms, especially shiitake;
All of them are not only possible, but you also need to eat, because each contains a range of useful substances that are necessary for both healthy and sick people.
The following elementary rules for a healthy lifestyle significantly reduce the risk of diabetes:
- Proper nutrition. At the heart of healthy and rational nutrition lie products for which a low glycemic index is characteristic. It is these products that negatively affect the quantitative value of glucose in the blood.
- Optimal water balance. In a normal state, the pancreas does not only produce hormone secretions of insulin, but also an aqueous solution, without which it is impossible to neutralize acid formations. Only the right balance of water can ensure trouble-free functioning of the body.
- Sports load and a positive emotional state. Physical exercises of a daily nature allow you to maintain the optimal weight, because that's what health and attractiveness lie in.
Diets with diabetes will be described by an endocrinologist: