Tips for choosing a winter envelope for newborns
Mar 28, 2018
Specialists of the online store ROSPUP have already compiled a check-list of the dowry, which the kid needs. Now let's take a more detailed look at its components and talk about how to choose the right winter envelope for a newborn. We compare it with overalls, give the pros and cons of both, consider the types of fillers and tell you what weather they are designed for, and give some practical tips that will help you choose an excellent envelope yourself.
Dressing for a walk
Briefly about the main
An alternative to an envelope is a winter overall and a transformer overall. The difference is that the envelope is designed for greater cold: inside it is warmer, and the baby lies, just under the blanket. And in the overalls of the handle and the legs of the child are not pressed to the body.
The envelope performs the function of outerwear for the baby
Types of envelopes
The two most common models: with sleeves and without them. The first will be suitable for a grown-up child, who does not interfere with sleeping with free handles. The second type will be optimal for a child who is used to sleeping swaddled.
Down jacket with sleeves from the brand Yomayo
Despite the fact that there are models of envelopes with slots for seat belts on the car seat, it is better not to carry the child in this way. In the winter envelope it will be too hot in the car. One way to solve the problem: if you need to reach a short distance, you can put the car seat on the base of the stroller.If the envelope has unclosed slots for seat belts, then they make the envelope "cold", suitable for warmer weather.
Choose the right size
Buy an envelope is recommended with a margin of one size. The reason is obvious: the volume of warm clothes on the baby. Prepare for the fact that the envelope purchased will suit the child only for one season. It is not recommended to buy too big "for growth" size: a free envelope will not adhere to the body, and the baby will become cold.
Types of fillers
It is not necessary to insulate the child on weather and, for example, in the autumn to put on a winter envelope. Children have poor thermoregulation, so overheating may occur.
- For cold weather at -15 - 20 ° C, a down filler or a warm envelope on a sheepskin is suitable.
- At a temperature up to -15 0С the baby will be warmed with sintepon and sintepux. The advantage of non-natural fillers is their hypoallergenicity.
- As a demi-season variant for temperatures up to -10 0С, models from insulated polyester are recommended.
The washing conditions dictate the type of filler. Insulated polyester can be washed at a low temperature in the car, and fluff requires only dry cleaning.
Practical tips for
- We recommend choosing envelope models with a hood. In order not to pass cold air, it is better to choose a buttoned hood, along the edge of which the elastic band passes.
- If an envelope with sleeves, you will additionally require mittens.
Alternative to mittens - model with closed handles
- The envelope fetters the movements of the baby and, in fact, replaces the diaper. The overall also limits mobility, but slightly. And when choosing a transformer, the child can take a walk in a stroller and, if he wakes up, make an envelope out of an envelope and let the kid walk his legs.
To sum up
For the smallest, the best option is an envelope, since it is easier to put a child in it. In the overalls of the handle and legs should be conveniently placed in separate cells, so wear it longer and more difficult.