How to bring down the temperature without medication at home
Mar 23, 2018
Feverhappens often enough. Elevated temperature indicates not only a cold, but also other inflammatory processes occurring in the body, for example, blood diseases, food poisoning, and the like.
In any case, panic is not worth it, because there are various methods of reducing temperature with medication or folk recipes.
Elevated body temperature in humans: symptoms, causes, types ^
Everyone knows that body temperature is normal if it is 36.6 - 37 degrees. If viruses penetrate the body or the immune system works for other reasons, it may increase. This means that the body with viruses and infections starts to fight on its own.
Many are concerned about the question when it is necessary to bring down the temperature. The answer to it is simple: the temperature below 38.5 is not desirable to knock down, since it has a harmful effect on viruses and is relatively easy to transfer. But the temperature above 38.5 should already be lowered.
Types of elevated temperature:
- subfebrile( 37-38 ° C);
- febrile( 38-39 ° C);
- pyretic( 39-41 ° C);
- is hyperpyretic( more than 41 ° С).
The main causes of the increased temperature of the
- phase of the menstrual cycle in women;
- development of the inflammatory process;
- decrease in protective properties of the body;
- surgical intervention.
The main symptoms of fever include:
- vomiting and weakness;
- headache and chills;
- lack of appetite, pain in the legs and hands;
- fast heartbeat and increased sweating.
The most effective antipyretic drugs are aspirin and paracetamol. However, a decrease in body temperature without drugs is not only possible, but also no less effective. Decrease in temperature at home is possible only if it does not exceed 39 ° C.
Pireticheskaya giperpireticheskaya and temperature are considered very dangerous when it reaches its mark 42,2 ° C, in the body irreversible processes, which are dangerous for human life.
How to bring down the temperature of folk remedies: homemade recipes ^
folk remedies There are many popular recipes to help you get rid of the heat. They are available for home use and are quite effective.
How to bring down the temperature in the baby
When the crumb is suffering from the heat, my mother, of course, does not find a place for himself and trying all sorts of ways to knock it. To bring down the fever of the baby at home, it is recommended that you perform the following:
- Ensure cool air in the room. To shelter and in every possible way to warm the kid it is not necessary, as it can be even dangerous. When the room is cool, the baby will lose heat, and the heat will decrease.
- Drink plenty of the child with warm tea, compote, raisin water.
- Reduce the temperature in crumbs with vinegar. To do this, dilute water and vinegar in equal amounts and wipe the hands and feet of the baby with the resulting solution.
- In no case do not force the baby to lie on the ground, if he does not want to do, do not make your child an enema or cover with a wet sheet or towel.
How to bring down the temperature of an adult
To begin with, it is necessary to provide an adult with an abundant drink in the form of tea with honey, raspberries or currants. After a lot of drinking, sweating will begin and the fever will decrease. If such actions did not lead to a positive result, you should proceed to more active methods:
- You need to take off your clothes and wipe your body with alcohol, then lie down a little, without covering yourself with a blanket.
- Tea with a spoon of cognac or vodka is very effective.
- After drinking tea, you need to go to bed and fall asleep.
- When heat is very effective, citrus fruits are considered, so it is advisable to eat an orange or grapefruit.
How to knock down the temperature during pregnancy
When you are pregnant, you can use not all antipyretic drugs, so as not to harm the fetus. Even regular paracetamol to future mothers can be taken only after consultation with a specialist. The most effective way to reduce heat during pregnancy is drinking water, compotes and fruit drinks.
Wiping with vinegar or vodka for future moms is contraindicated, but wiping with warm water will be very useful. Every woman should remember that even using folk methods to reduce heat should only be done under the supervision of a doctor.
How to knock down the temperature of a nursing mother
Elevated temperature is dangerous not only for the nursing mother, but also for her baby. A safe antipyretic is a candle that contains paracetamol or ibuprofen. As for children, women during lactation will help wipe with warm water or a weak vinegar solution.
It is also important to drink a lot. However, you should use only teas, compotes or fruit drinks, which the baby can not have an allergy.
How to bring down the temperature of the baby
When the baby has a fever, his parents need to calm down and begin taking the necessary measures. In the home medicine cabinet of each mother should be antipyretic drugs, such as antipyretic syrups( Panadol, Nurofen) and special candles. Candles are used in cases when the baby has started vomiting. It will be pointless to give syrup.
To reduce the heat in infants it is recommended to wipe with warm water. In water, heated to 37 ° C, you need to lower the gauze, and then apply it to the baby's calf.
How to bring down the temperature with vinegar
For wiping, you need to take apple or ordinary vinegar.
- Prepare the vinegar solution is simple: in 0.5 liters of water you need to pour a tablespoon of vinegar. Prepare the solution in enameled dishes.
- Before wiping it is necessary to undress, wet gauze in acetic water and slightly wipe the skin with it.
- As a result, vinegar will quickly evaporate, and body temperature will drop.
How to bring down the enema enema
Enema is also an effective antipyretic.
- It is necessary to add a teaspoon of beet juice and 2 teaspoons of salt in 100 ml of water.
- With this treatment solution you need to make an enema.
It is important to remember that you can use enemas only on the recommendation of a specialist.
How to knock down the temperature with a cold compress
Cold compresses are considered effective if applied correctly.
- Ice should be wrapped in a clean cloth or polyethylene.
- It is not recommended to apply ice directly to the body.
- Cold compresses can be applied to the temples, the back of the head, and the forehead.
How to bring down the temperature with vodka( alcohol)
To wipe with vodka or alcohol, health professionals are treated differently. For this reason, they are advised to use this method only as a last resort.
- To prepare an alcohol solution, you need to dilute the vodka or alcohol with the same amount of water.
- Wipe the body gently, avoiding the face and genitals.
How to bring down the temperature with herbs
Herbal decoction will also help bring down the heat at home.
- To make it, you need to mix the flowers of lime, elderberry and mint leaves, pour the herbs with boiling water in the ratio of 2 tablespoons of water to a spoonful of herbs and cook for 10 minutes.
- After this, the broth should be infused for 30 minutes and drain.
- Take herbal decoction twice a day before lunch and dinner. It is recommended to drink the broth hot.
Prevention and useful tips on how to quickly knock down the temperature at home ^
We have listed common ways to combat heat. However, for treatment to be more effective:
- It is necessary to adhere to the principles of proper nutrition;
- Drink plenty of fluids;
- There are as many fruits and vegetables as possible.
- Do not forget about physical activity and the absence of bad habits.