Why do my legs hurt? Causes of leg pain
Mar 04, 2018
We will not consider stretch marks or fractures, since in most cases they cause pain in the legs without any damage.
9 reasons why aching legs
1. Arteries atherosclerosis. Symptoms of this disease can be pain on the calf muscles, as well as systematic convulsions. The pain is especially aggravated when walking, lifting heaviness, or climbing a ladder( it is observed even in people who do not lead an active lifestyle and prefer to sit or lie down, rather than be in motion).There is a very interesting symptom: , despite the time of year in a person suffering from arteries atherosclerosis, always cold feet of the feet .In men against the background of this disease, impotence develops and hair on toes completely or partially stop growing. In addition, in people suffering from atherosclerosis, the pulse on the thumb is difficult to feel.
How can you treat such a disease? First of all, you need to contact a specialist doctor( usually a surgeon).He will direct you to an ultrasound examination of the vessels of the legs. Patients-smokers only exacerbate the status smoking. The disease can lead to gangrene.
2. Osteoarthritis and arthritis. In these diseases, patients also complain of pain. Especially, it increases with the change of weather conditions. If a patient with arthrosis has to stand for a long time, on the site of lesions appear swelling and swelling. The skin around it can have redness.
At the first signs of arthrosis it is necessary to consult a rheumatologist. He will direct you to the x-ray of the joints and give the direction for the delivery of a general blood test. Treatment will be comprehensive. The course of treatment includes both diets, and medications, and physiotherapy, since only in this way can you see positive changes.
3. Endarteritis. This disease is associated with inflammation of the arterial tissues. The patient usually complains of acute pain while walking in the area of calves and feet. Pain occurs after the first fifty to one hundred steps. Perhaps the numbness of the shins. If you take a little respite, the pain will pass. But after a while it appears on the new. If pain is observed only after a day's work, then these are not symptoms of endarteritis.
What to do in this case - basically the treatment is conservative and only in some cases the treatment is performed surgically. Patients with endarteritis are referred for ultrasound of vessels, MRI.It is important to pass tests for the presence of inflammatory processes in the body. It must be remembered that if you have acute pain, you should immediately call an ambulance. Endarteritis can lead to blockage of a large artery.
4. Osteoporosis. This disease is associated with calcium deficiency in the human body. Human bones become very fragile, prone to rapid breakdown. In the risk group - blonde and blue-eyed people( so beauty is not always good).
Patients with osteoporosis prescribe medicines with a high calcium content. In addition, can send to the passage of densitometry, which allows you to determine the density of bones.
5. Thrombophlebitis. This disease is characterized by the formation of pulsating pain in the legs. There may be redness of the skin and swelling. The patient complains of a burning sensation. The veins on the legs are densified - a thrombus is formed. Touching them causes severe pain.
Treatment is prescribed by a vascular surgeon. He must assess the degree of risk of thrombus and the risk of his separation. He directs the patient to give a general blood test and angioscanning the vessels of the legs. Treatment, as a rule, is outpatient. Specialists of Vse-Sekrety.ru are not recommended for self-medication with folk methods.
6. Diabetes mellitus. In patients with diabetes, patients complain of cramps, swelling, weakness in the legs and sometimes numbness. All symptoms usually increase by evening, and the peak comes at night. The skin of the lower leg is covered with itching and scaling. It becomes dry.
A patient with diabetes mellitus is first sent to take tests( biochemical blood test and urine).The treatment is conservative, accompanied by a strict diet.
7. Osteochondrosis of lumbosacral spine. This disease is characterized by pain on the legs. Rest and relaxation do not help. As a rule, you should seek help from a neurologist or a vertebrologist. Treatment begins with the passage of MRI, after which the doctor determines whether to treat the patient conservatively or still send to surgery.
8. Gout. The characteristic sign of gout is pain, throbbing on the big toe. The thumb becomes sensitive. The skin on it as it inflames, there are reddenings.
Treatment of gout is to comply with diet, alcohol restriction, meat and fish dishes, mushrooms, tomatoes. The doctor prescribes anti-inflammatory drugs.
9. Flat feet. Today, flat feet is a fairly common disease. People who have flat feet, complain of fatigue in the legs after a long walk. This pain is transmitted to the spine, and by the evening the pain sensations only increase.
Flat-foot refers to those diseases that must be prevented from an early age, then it will be more difficult and problematic to treat in all senses. That is why it is so important for children to wear orthopedic footwear, refusing to use kindergartens from "Czechs".When flatfoot is not recommended to wear shoes with high heels. It is important to follow when buying, so that the shoes are comfortable and not tight. People with flat feet orthopedic doctor appoints special physical exercises and prescribes insteps.
In order to prevent all these diseases - take care of your legs! After all, healthy legs support the health of our entire body!