Conduction of kidney ulcers in children: indications for the procedure
Mar 19, 2018
Ultrasound examination of the kidneys is a procedure during which a qualitative examination of the desired organ of the internal cavity with the help of ultrasound. It should be said that ultrasound allows doctors to get the most accurate information about the disease. In this ultrasound is absolutely painless procedure, because patients can not feel or hear the effect of ultrasound.
Kidney ultrasound in children allows timely detection of severe pathologies of the organs of the urinary canal. Therefore, with the slightest symptoms of specific diseases, the doctor often prescribes ultrasound, which helps to avoid running cases of diseases.
Indications for kidney ultrasound in children
As a rule, the doctor prescribes ultrasound examination of this child's organ in the presence of the following symptoms:
- High blood pressure.
- Swelling in the legs and face;
- Painful or difficult urination. Acute pain in the lumbar region.
These symptoms indicate the occurrence of an urethra in an acute stage. Ultrasound can help detect the ailments that triggered the above symptoms, and in an immediate order to eliminate them.
This is important! Also, ultrasound of the organs is an obligatory procedure that all newborns need to do after 3 months of life. Ultrasound examination in this case is aimed at revealing the primary pathologies of the kidneys that can occur in infants. Therefore, ultrasound of kidneys in newborns is an obligatory procedure, which should not be avoided.
Preparing a child for ultrasound
Preparation for ultrasound of the kidneys of the child includes complex measures aimed at eliminating gas generation, as well as cleaning the body. In this case, the permeability of the ultrasound beam will be maximally effective, which will make it possible to obtain unique and reliable results about the progression of the disease.
Consider the rules for preparing a child for ultrasound investigation in stages:
- Food. Three days before the procedure, put the child on a diet: try to exclude from the child's diet products such as sauerkraut, beans, white bread, garlic, vegetables and fruits, and other products that increase gas formation in the body. As for the liquid, doctors recommend not giving the baby carbonated drinks.
- Cleansing the body. Since you can not drink carbonated drinks, but before the procedure you need to drink a lot of liquid, you should find a competent alternative to "soda".The child can use various fruit drinks, as well as transparent juices. It is best to drink purified water. Thus, the intestine will be cleared of toxins and harmful substances that interfere with the penetration of ultrasound into the tissues of the kidneys. In addition, during the ultrasound examination, the bladder should be complete, because in this way the work of all organs of the urinary canal is activated, which allows obtaining more accurate data on the state of the kidneys.
- Before the procedure, for 2-3 days, you should start taking Espomizan tablets or activated charcoal. With their help, you will be able to normalize the formation of gas in the body of the child, which will help to get the most truthful and reliable results of ultrasound of the kidneys.
- Make sure that the child wears comfortable clothes on the day of the sonogram. Clothing should not be tight, as it is necessary for a toddler to raise a T-shirt.
- Take the preparation for the procedure with maximum responsibility, because it depends on how much quality results ultimately result from ultrasound examination of your kidneys.
The principle of deciphering the results of kidney ultrasound in children
Many parents after the ultrasound are simply given the results of the survey. But the patient should be consulted about the results of ultrasound. But sometimes, due to the workload of the doctor, this does not happen. Do not panic in this case, because
- The first and main criterion, which should be taken into account when assessing the health of the kidneys, is their size. The size of this organ in children can be easily demonstrated by ultrasound. In the medical conclusion of ultrasound of children's kidneys can appear different figures, because these bodies are still liable to insignificant growth. So, on average, their length should be 10 cm, width - 6 cm, and their thickness should not exceed 4 cm. If you have found significant deviations from the size of the kidneys, then you should be alert. The kidneys are much more normal than normal, which means that inflammatory processes are believed to occur in their tissues, or they are affected by some infectious disease. As for the small size of the kidneys, this is the case if degenerative-dystrophic processes occur with its tissues. This deviation is also characteristic in the presence of salt deposits, stones and sand in the pelvis of the kidney.
- The term "increased echogenicity" or "reduced echogenicity" suggests that the kidney tissue is affected by some process that changes its density. You should know that the thickness of the kidney tissue is about 1.5 mm. Reduction of this figure is observed in elderly people, when all the body systems are already worn out. But as for the child, it's out of the question! Therefore, if you are confronted with these terms in the conclusion of your child's ultrasound, you should immediately consult a doctor!
- Microcalculosis is evidence of the presence of sand and stones in the renal pelvis. If in the results of the study you met the term "echogenic formations", then, probably, the kidneys of the child suffer from salt deposits.
- The tumor appears in the medical report as the following description: "a small, rounded, left / right kidney of unknown origin".Often, tumors that appear on the tissues of the kidneys do not need treatment. But if they grow with age, doctors need to resort to some medical manipulations to eliminate malignant tumors.
Do not forget that ultrasound of the kidney in the baby, as well as in children who are under 2 years of age, is a compulsory study. After all, it is at this age that the risk of developing diseases of the urinary system is great. Monitor your child's health and promptly carry out the necessary medical procedures!Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: