Bronchitis: symptoms and treatment of the disease
Bronchitis - one of the most common diseases of the respiratory system, which manifests itself in inflammation and lesions of the mucosa, the allocation of a large amount of mucus to the bronchial lumen. A very strong dry cough and shortness of breath are the first signs of bronchitis, by which it can be distinguished from a common cold.
Forms and symptoms of bronchitis
- acute - usually caused by viruses, but they can be joined by microbes( pneumococcus, streptococcus and others).It can often occur with such diseases as influenza, whooping cough, measles. .. If acute bronchitis is not cured, then it can go to chronic. Often the acute form of this disease can be accompanied by laryngitis, tracheitis, rhinopharyngitis;
- chronic - characterized by non-allergic diffuse inflammation of the bronchi, often leads to impaired blood circulation and respiratory functions.
The main symptoms of bronchitis in adults are a strong and uninterrupted cough and rales. If a prolonged cough has manifested itself repeatedly throughout the year, then most likely acute bronchitis has passed into chronic( it may occur when smoking and working with harmful substances).Chypes arise from the accumulation of sputum in the bronchi. Dry wheezes occur with chronic disease.
What other symptoms does the disease have in adults? The disease lasts for several weeks, accompanied by a dry cough, sometimes with coughing up, runny nose, fever. In order to prevent acute bronchitis from becoming chronic, it is necessary that the dry cough becomes wet, and the sputum begins to recede.
Bronchitis in children is very common. What is the cause of this disease? In children, the respiratory system is not sufficiently strong and any infectious disease of the upper respiratory tract can cause bronchitis.
Symptoms of ailment in children are the same as in adults - a violent cough, sometimes with vomiting, at first dry, then passing into wet, can be accompanied by wheezing.
Symptoms of the infant are as follows:
- frequent, painful cough without sputum discharge at the onset of the disease;
- shortness of breath, wheezing noisy breathing( especially in sleep), wheezing when listening with a phonendoscope;
- high temperature.
Types and signs of bronchitis in adults
In neglected form, chronic bronchitis can go into purulent. In addition to fluid in the bronchi begins to accumulate pus. Purulent can arise if the body becomes susceptible to viruses and bacteria due to weakened immunity.
Symptoms of purulent bronchitis - cough with discharge of purulent sputum, shortness of breath, chest pain, high fever, weakness, headache, sweating. Can develop into pneumonia.
In viral bronchitis, the symptoms are the same: a dry cough in the early days of the disease, which can be accompanied by vomiting, followed by a dry cough in the wet and accompanied by a sputum white-green color, a small temperature accompanied by frustration, headache and muscle pain.
The most common disease occurs due to ingestion of the virus, so it is called viral bronchitis. During breathing, viruses penetrate from the nasopharynx into the bronchi, where they begin to multiply.
In children, viral bronchitis may occur due to:
- of nasopharyngeal infection;
- nasal breathing( "nasal congestion", curvature of the nasal septum. ..).
Tracheal appearance - complication of such diseases as influenza, ARVI, can proceed as an independent disease. What are the symptoms of bronchitis that affects the trachea tree? If this is an acute form, then this is:
- shortness of breath;
- severe pain and sagging in the lower thorax;
- panting with dry rales;
- dry cough, especially at night and morning;
- elevated body temperature.
When allergic tracheal symptoms of the disease are the same, but still there is burning after the sternum, a decrease in appetite, weakness, rapid breathing, sweating, the appearance of focal pneumonia.
Cough with tracheobronchitis interferes with normal breathing, in order to relieve the condition the patient is required to find a suitable position, sometimes the knee-elbow pose helps. A persistent cough can lead to loss of voice, sore throat.
Treatment of a disease
What signs of bronchitis can be alleviated with the help of medications? Since the greatest concern is dry cough, it is necessary to start taking stimulant preparations: herbs( licorice, coltsfoot, anise, marshmallow, thermopsis, viburnum, oregano), alkaline warm drink( Borjomi mineral water,milk), sodium hydrogen carbonate, potassium iodide and sodium, badger fat.
To remove symptoms of bronchitis in children, you can use folk methods:
- Finely chop the onion head, fill it with sugar and put it in a dark place until enough juice is formed, which must be taken three times a day for one teaspoonful.
- In the morning and evening( 3 hours before bedtime) give the child 5 drops of aloe juice, a piece of butter and 1 raw egg.
- 3 times a day give a tablet of mukaltina.
- Inhalation with soda.
In addition, the symptoms of childhood bronchitis can be removed with the help of ginger and berry tea, and after 2 years of age you can give tea from the Ledum.