Medication and folk treatment of acute bronchitis
Acute bronchitis is a catarrhal disease associated with the inflammatory process in the bronchi, and is manifested by irritation of the mucous membrane with subsequent edema of the bronchi. The causes of acute bronchitis are caused by viral infections( eg, flu or cold), transmitted by airborne droplets or resulting from hypothermia, as well as various bacteria( eg streptococci).
If the patient develops acute bronchitis - the diagnosis is based on patient complaints and the results obtained during a clinical examination.
In those cases when the symptoms of acute bronchitis develop, they characterize the defeat of the respiratory system( difficulty breathing, the presence of a constant cough that can last for 10-20 days, the appearance of a large amount of sputum), and signs of general intoxication of the body.
Sputum can be either clear, yellow or green. There may be a chill on the background of an increase in body temperature( up to 38-38.5 ° C).If acute bronchitis develops, treatment should compensate for the developing changes and prevent further spread of the inflammatory process through the body.
How to cure acute bronchitis
First of all, you need to know that treatment for acute bronchitis requires a comprehensive, aimed at both fighting infection and restoring the normal functioning of the bronchi itself. In acute viral bronchitis, antibiotics are most often impractical.
But also to leave on "itself will pass" illness it is impossible - it can pass in the chronic form. As in childhood, the treatment of acute bronchitis in adults must be prescribed by a doctor after a thorough examination of the patient.
In those cases when acute bronchitis is diagnosed, the treatment provides for:
- Week of bed rest;
- Access to fresh and humidified air;
- Abundant drink in a warm form, which provides liquefaction of sputum;
- Taking antitussive and mucolytic drugs;
- Rubbing and compresses on the chest and back;
- With high temperature - antipyretics.
Antibiotics for acute bronchitis are prescribed only with prolonged form and with the following symptoms:
- If the body temperature is above 38-38.5 ° C for 3 or more days;
- If you have shortness of breath;
- When purulent sputum appears;
- With severe general intoxication of the body.
These drugs should be prescribed taking into account the sensitivity of possible pathogens to antimicrobial therapy, and the duration of the course of treatment should be controlled by a doctor - if this rule is not observed, there is a high probability of developing strains of microorganisms that will develop resistance to antibiotics, which will render their use useless in the future.
Treatment of acute bronchitis with folk remedies
Treatment of acute bronchitis with folk remedies should be aimed at restoring the defenses of the body, eliminating inflammation and intoxication, eliminating local bronchospasm and restoring normal sputum secretion.
For these purposes, various medicinal plants can be used:
- To fight the virus, it is necessary to brew mother-and-stepmother, chamomile and St. John's wort. The broth is prepared in a water bath in the ratio: 4 tbsp.spoon collection per 1 liter of water.
- To get rid of phlegm it is recommended to drink broth from the roots and leaves of plantain for the night. It is also prepared in a water bath, with the following ratio: 2 tbsp.spoons of the dry mixture on 1 glass of water. For the same purpose are prescribed for acute bronchitis of inhalation.
- This can be a two-component solution( salt, soda and water), but can have a more complex composition( a mixture of medicinal herbs, various medicines and mineral water).
Inhaled at acute bronchitis not less than 5 times a day for 5-7 minutes. The duration of such procedures is not less than 5 days.3. During the treatment it is necessary to take vitamins.
First of all, it is vitamin C. Therefore, during the day it is recommended to drink decoction of rose hips and tea with lemon, which contain a large amount of this vitamin. In addition, the hot milk from the inside warms up the bronchi from the inside with honey.
Drug therapy provides the appointment:
- Antiviral drugs - interferon, ribavirin, immunoglobulin
- Antitussive drugs - codeine, cofex, sinecode. With a debilitating cough: salbutamol
- Expectorants - pertussin, mucaltin.
- Mucolytic drugs - bronchicum, erespal, ambroxol, lazolvan, ascoril.
- Antibiotics( with complicated form of the disease) - azithromycin, erythromycin or oleandomycin.
No less important is not only knowing how to treat acute bronchitis, but also what needs to be done during the rehabilitation period for the bronchial period. To restore their normal work is recommended to take vitamins, eat well, walk more often in fresh air and do not overload yourself with physical exertion.
It should be used after full recovery and hardening procedures aimed at stimulating local immunity in the respiratory system.