Treatment of pulmonary hypertension with folk remedies and methods
One of the most dangerous diseases - arterial pulmonary hypertension - is rare, but has a fairly aggressive course. Patients in the absence of adequate therapy live no more than three years. Correctly selected treatment of pulmonary hypertension is the most important condition that can improve the patient's quality of life.
The concept of treatment
How to treat pulmonary hypertension can tell any therapist, because this disease is given special attention around the world. Therapy should be selected taking into account the etiopathogenesis and pathomorphology of the process. However, when drawing up the concept of treatment, it is necessary to start from the clinical state of the patient.
Because pulmonary arterial hypertension is a more malignant disease, resulting in an unfavorable outcome, the therapy is mostly palliative and symptomatic. The goal of medical activities is to improve the quality and extend the life of the patient.
Treatment should be combined, include several drugs. Before starting therapy, a drug test should be performed to assess hemodynamic effects. At the same time, the dynamics of arterial pressure, cardiac output, pulmonary vascular resistance are controlled. Simultaneously, the clinical effectiveness of the drug, as well as possible side effects.
- Elimination of circumstances that increase the syndrome of pulmonary hypertension: physical activity, flight on airplanes and finding in the highlands, pregnancy.
- Improvement of gas exchange inside the lungs: corticosteroids, bronchodilators, oxygen therapy and antibiotics( with bacterial infection) are used for this purpose. Oxygen therapy is especially necessary for chronic parenchymal diseases of the lungs.
- Improving the rheological properties of blood: for this, bloodletting is used, after which the blood thinens, the resistance of blood vessels decreases, the risk of thromboembolism decreases.
- Anticoagulation therapy: is carried out for a long time, until the risk of bleeding increases. Once the diagnosis is established, the drugs should be taken within a year.
- Diuretics and cardiac glycosides: in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension have not been studied enough, but the presence of right ventricular failure is a direct indication for their appointment.
The purpose of this group of drugs is to reduce the right ventricular load and increase cardiac output. Preparations should be selected individually. When appointing vasodilators, you need constant control over arterial pressure within 24 hours because of the possible negative effects of this type of therapy - a drop in arterial oxygen saturation and systemic resistance, an increase in cyanosis.
Vasoactive therapy includes the following drugs:
- α-adrenoblockers: phenoxybenzamine, phentolamine
- β-agonists: isoproterenol, demandatinum
- calcium antagonists: verapamil, nifedipine
- peripheral vasodilators of myotropic action: diazoxide, apressin, nitroprusside, nitroglycerin
- angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors:captopril, hood.
Begin a long-term therapy with these drugs with a reduced dose, which should then be gradually increased. At the same time there should be a constant control of blood pressure. The exact determination of the dose occurs when the pressure begins to fall.
Sildenafil with pulmonary hypertension
For more than five years, scientists from one American company have been trying to find out how sildenafil works with pulmonary hypertension. By the way, sildenafil citrate is an active substance of Viagra, a drug intended for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Surprisingly, the medicine was effective!
Patients were examined who had hypertension of the lungs. Therapy with sildenafil was carried out for twelve weeks. Patients were divided into 4 groups: the first received 20 mg of the drug 3 times a day, the second - 40 mg, the third - 80 mg, and the fourth part of the patients were given a placebo also three times a day. A criterion for the effectiveness of the drug was a 6-minute walk test. The first three groups of patients showed an improvement in the test score.
Other positive results showed an improvement in the functional parameters of cardiac activity, as well as a reduction in pressure in the pulmonary artery. Given the side effects of the drug( headache, nosebleeds, dyspepsia, heat, sleep disturbances), the Office of Drug Control approved the use of sildenafil in a dosage of 20 mg.
Treatment with folk remedies
Pulmonary hypertension is not a disease that can be treated independently, especially limited to folk remedies. However, you can apply some recommendations that can improve your health.
- Fruit of ashberry: a tablespoon of berries pour a glass of boiling water. Eat half a glass up to three times a day.
- Grass adonis spring: a teaspoon pour a glass of boiling water, insist for two hours, take inside up to two tablespoons before eating.
- Freshly squeezed pumpkin juice: it is enough to drink half a glass a day.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension should only be performed by a qualified technician. The early therapy, which is early in life, contributes to the survival of more patients.