Deep caries: course of the disease, possible complications and methods of treatment
Extensive damage to hard tissues of the teeth is defined in the dentistry as a deep caries. In the development of pathology, both tooth enamel and a significant part of the dentin are affected. Progression of the disease in the event that the timely diagnosis and cure of the average form of the carious process.
Alarming symptoms of
Deep caries is characterized by quite specific signs. The following symptoms of deep caries are distinguished:
- The tooth is deformed by a carious process, and this is noticeable to the naked eye.
- During eating, a person experiences severe discomfort.
- Appearance of unpleasant odor from the mouth( actual for pathological destruction in the carious cavity, which occurs in the case of multiple caries).
- In case of transformation of caries into acute form, a person suffers from a severe pain syndrome( actual for contact of teeth with temperature stimuli).
- There is a painful syndrome in the case of food crumbs falling into the formed pathological cavity.
Diagnosis of the pathology of
Diagnosis of this form of carious process does not present any difficulty for both the qualified dentist and the patient himself.
One should be careful, since a deep carious process can be confused with other pathologies with similar symptoms.
During an external examination in the dental office, you can see a deep enough pathological cavity filled with the remains of eaten food and softened dental tissues.
If the dentist wants to clarify the diagnosis, he will give an X-ray. The course of the pathological process is indicated by a change in the shade in the area under the seal. Between the dental pulp and the damaged tissues there is a very small amount of dentin not affected by the pathological process.
The dentist will help!
In today's conditions, treatment of deep caries involves a two-time visit to the dental office. This need is due to the fact that the bottom of the pathological cavity and the pulp of the affected tooth are separated only by a fragile interlayer. In connection with this provoked rotting of harmful microorganisms it will be easy to infect the pulp, progressing in a healthy dentin.
This complication can be avoided. The dentist first removes rotted tissue, then lays down the necessary medicinal products, and then sets a temporary seal. If this procedure does not promote the development of inflammation and painful syndrome, after a while the dentist replaces it with a constant.
This scheme is relevant only in the case of diagnosing flowering caries. If a patient is affected by incisors and tooth systems, then against the background of a strong weakening of the immune system, the risk of the formation and progression of pulpitis increases.
Scheme of treatment
Treatment of deep caries is carried out according to the developed scheme. Today, there are the following stages of deep caries treatment:
- establishing a correct diagnosis;
- introduction of anesthetics;
- elimination of rotted tissues;
- imposition of a specific healing pad;
- application of insulating material;
- seal setting.
After the destruction of the tissue that has undergone rotting, the dentist is obliged to carefully process the actual site with the help of warmed up antiseptics( physiological).
If the antiseptic solution is not heated, this will provoke overexcitation of axons.
Treatment is carried out by the following solutions:
- with Dimexidine.
After the doctor thoroughly dries and degreases the work site. For correct degreasing in modern dental clinics, preference is given to medications based on EDTA.
In order to stop the spread of infection to the pulp, the dentist places a healing pad on the bottom of the pathological cavity. In the basis of this padding are known for their bactericidal action calcium-containing drugs. Before applying, the gasket should also be heated to a warm state.
An insulating gasket is installed to secure the healing materials. A temporary seal is set on it, which, in the absence of a painful syndrome, is replaced after a time by a constant.
The final step in the treatment of deep caries is polishing and polishing the fillings.
Deep caries is the last and most complex stage of the carious process. Due to its proximity to pulpitis, treatment sometimes does not go as smoothly as the doctor and the patient would like. In some cases, against the backdrop of medical manipulations, complications arise such as:
- development of pulpitis( actual if the treatment was incorrect or untimely), which is characterized by an irreversible acute inflammatory process that damages the pulp;
- progression of relapse, called repeated caries( complication is formed against the background of dentist errors in the area of the filling and affected by rotting of the tooth);
- tooth crown destruction( actual in case the tooth walls are pathologically thinned), which implies a new filling or the establishment of an artificial crown;
- autopsy of the dental cavity, provoking rapid progression of the most dangerous complication - pulpitis.
Almost all complications arise due to errors of the dentist. Therefore, you should carefully choose the clinic and doctor.
According to leading dentists, the correct behavior of the mother during the gestation is of great importance for the health of the teeth. The hereditary factor also plays its role. Despite this, the development of deep caries can be successfully prevented. For this it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Careful hygiene of the oral cavity( includes regular brushing of teeth, operation of dental floss and various rinse aid);
- Incorporation of calcium-containing products into your diet.
- Taking calcium-containing medicines and vitamins.
- Exclusion of confectionery sweets and carbonated drinks from your menu.
- Refusal of coffee and alcoholic beverages( if it is impossible to refuse, it is recommended to reduce the use of these drinks to a minimum).
- Careful monitoring of your dental health.
- Regular visit to the dental office.
- Timely treatment of the revealed pathology.
- Timely treatment of concomitant diseases.
- Disclaimer of nicotine.
It is important to choose the right fluoride toothpaste. It is advisable to buy it not in a boutique, but in a pharmacy.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: