The main signs and methods of fighting acute pulpitis
Radical inflammatory process, taking place in the tooth pulp, is indicated in stomatology as acute pulpitis. The main provoking factor in the development of this dangerous pathology dentists consider carious process. They play their negative role and errors of the dentist during preparation or sealing. Also, acute pulpitis can form as a result of penetration into the actual zone through the hole in the dental root of the infection. This "subspecies" of the disease is also called retrograde pulpitis.
It is accepted to distinguish the following forms of acute pulpitis:
- Acute diffuse.
- Acute focal.
- Acute traumatic.
When the pain does not rest
A strong and acute painful syndrome, manifested at night, suggests that the person is progressing acute diffuse pulpitis. This type of dangerous dental pathology is characterized by the following specific symptoms:
- is a painful syndrome that occurs spontaneously;
- pain does not have a localized character, but extends to the areas of the cheekbone, ear and even the temple, in which connection it is rather difficult to locate the problem tooth;
- presence of carious defect;
- presence of a deep pathological cavity;
- because of rotting in the pathological cavity of food remains spoils the breath.
When a pulp is inflamed in an acute form, a person develops a sharp focal pulpitis. The main cause of this disease, dentists believe mistakes colleagues, allowed during the fight with the carious process. Against the backdrop of an incorrectly installed seal, harmful microorganisms penetrate inside, the activity of which contributes to the spread of pathology.
The difficulty in establishing the diagnosis is that this form of pulpitis has many similar signs with other dental pathologies.
The dentist can correctly establish the diagnosis only as a result of the analysis of the nature of painful sensations.
The following symptoms of this form of pulpitis stand out:
- is a strong pain syndrome, manifested not only as a result of contact of the problem tooth with the stimulus, but also at rest;
- formation of an uncovered pathological cavity with a painful bottom;
When a pulp is inflamed not as a result of harmful microorganisms, but because of trauma, acute traumatic pulpitis develops.
This form of dangerous dental pathology is a unique representative of the noninfectious type of disease.
Dentists identify the following factors contributing to the development of this form of the disease:
- injury, which is the result of a stroke in the face or fall( the front teeth are affected first of all);
- fracture of the crown( there is exposure and infection of some sections of the pulp);
- incorrect actions of the dentist( infection of the pulp occurs as a result of injury).
Symptoms of this form of the disease are largely similar to those of other pulpitis:
- the presence of a painful syndrome arising during meals;
- appearance of severe pain due to contact of the affected focus with hot and cold stimuli;
- occurrence of a painful reaction when touching the problem site.
Acute pulpitis is a serious pathology, and you should immediately seek help from an experienced dentist. The treatment strategy depends on what form the disease has taken.
Acute diffuse pulpitis is treated by setting the seal. Before this, the dentist performs the following manipulations:
- Elimination of the deceased dentin layer( as well as enamel).
- Establish a temporary seal.
- After a radical destruction of the pulp( this occurs on the second day), the doctor removes the 1st seal and thoroughly cleans the pathological cavity.
- Elimination of pulp from roots and crowns.
- Establish a seal on the root canal.
- "Reproduction" of the form of a problem tooth.
Timely treatment of acute pulpitis brings beneficial results. The pain disappears, and the tooth, once again having an aesthetic appeal, completely restores functioning.
In case of untimely intervention, this form of the disease becomes chronic, resulting in the formation of pulp necrosis.
When there is a serious suspicion of acute focal pulpitis, you must immediately visit the dental office. The uncontrolled use of drugs will only exacerbate an already difficult situation.
Treatment of acute pulpitis, when it develops into an acute focal form, involves the use of medicinal anti-inflammatory pastes. The dentist operates as follows:
- Anesthetizes the problem area.
- Gently prepares the pathological cavity and applies a healing remedy.
- Cleans the cavity.
- On the second day, the dentist gently eliminates the coronal and root nerves.
- Next, the doctor develops the correct form for the channel.
- The final stage of treatment is the establishment of a seal and restoration of important functions of a problem tooth.
If a person asks for help on time, the outlook will be favorable. Otherwise, the risk of tooth loss is large enough.
Modern method of fighting
Given that acute traumatic pulpitis is characterized by an incredibly severe pain syndrome, the initial goal of treatment is its immediate elimination.
The most popular innovative technique is conservative or biological treatment.
This technique is relevant when pulpitis is at a reversible stage and has no complications.
Treatment of acute pulpitis in this case is carried out as follows:
- First the doctor treats the affected area with antiseptic agents;
- Then a gasket impregnated with calcium hydroxide is installed.
- Next, the dentist sets a temporary seal.
The main stages of this technique include:
- The use of antibacterial and calcium-containing medications.
- Purpose of physiotherapy.
- X-ray examination( relevant for relapse prevention).
Sometimes during the treatment of this form of the disease complications develop. In this case, the dentist appoints a client a five-percent solution of anesthetic. In the case of relapse, a decision is made to remove the problem tooth.
An alarm bell, which manifests itself as a pain or ripple in the tooth, is a sure sign that it is necessary to go immediately to a dental clinic.
The quality of the superimposed seals depends only on the experience of the attending physician. The tooth will remain healthy if the filling has been carried out by a true professional in his field.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: