Shelf life of mascara - storage of mascara
Mar 05, 2018
It is very important to understand that the carcass shelf life is very different from the expiration date. Sometimes on the means indicate at once two options: the time after which mascara will use dangerously for health and the time that the remedy can be exploited after its first dissection. We will understand in more detail.
Always on each product must be indicated the expiration date, and mascara here can not be an exception. There are such types of designation of shelf life:
- indicates the date of manufacture and the date to which the product should be used. There is nothing to consider, everything is clear;
- date of production is not specified, but it is the date of the last day of use. If it has passed, do not even think of using the remedy;
- indicates the time and date of manufacture, after which the mascara will become unusable.
If the product has lain in your cosmetic bag for a long time, be sure to check if it has expired. Not expired? Then know that it is possible to paint her eyes only in the event that the tool has never been opened.
Most often the period of use and storage of carcass is indicated on the tube and indicated by the number and letter M. The figure shows how many months the remedy can be used after you opened it.
Even if you printed the ink only a week ago, but you see that the shelf life has already expired, discard it without hesitation. Otherwise, you can hurt your eyes very badly. Believe me, it is better to spend extra money on a new tool than to fight for the health of your own eyes.
It is usually believed that the optimal period of use of carcass after its opening is three months. Then a large number of bacteria accumulate in the medium, that it becomes simply dangerous to use it. If suddenly even before the end of these three months you noticed that you showed signs of eye infection, forget about mascara at all. At least until the moment when the eyes completely recover.
Dry carcass shelf life is much longer, that is, somewhere around the year. But it is best not to use it longer than the first six months.
However, it is not always worthwhile to rely only on the terms written on the tube. If you see that the mascara has become very dry and even crumbling, this indicates that the first signs of its unfitness appeared. Of course, you can restore it, but use only harmless methods.
If you understand that the carcass has a completely incomprehensible and unpleasant smell, its consistency has changed - be sure to stop its further use.
How to store mascara
This product is considered the most perishable of all cosmetic products. But very much the term of "exploitation" of the carcass depends on how correctly you apply it:
- The tube should never lie in the heat or in the cold, or just under direct sunlight. The best place for storage is a locker or bedside table. Wrong way out - store all cosmetics in the bathroom, from excessive moisture, it begins to deteriorate very badly.
- Always check that the tube is closed as tightly as possible, only so that no unnecessary air gets into it.
- Do not wipe off excess carcasses on the edge of the tube, it is better to remove excess with a clean paper wipe. Otherwise, the dried mass will not allow the bottle to be sealed, a large amount of air will get inside, and this will shorten the period of normal use of the product.
The most important rule when storing carcasses - do not be afraid to throw the spoiled and old. After all, it will be cheaper to buy a new remedy, than to treat the eyes of the consequences of using an expired product.