Treatment of pancreatitis with herbs - Causes, symptoms and treatment. MF.
Nutrition for pancreatitis
Herbs and collections
Forecast of pancreatitis treatment with herbs
Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, which can be both acute and chronic. Chronic pancreatitis can occur almost asymptomatically or with periodic exacerbations. In acute pancreatitis treatment is carried out with chemical medications because of the severity of the patient's condition: there is a risk of developing necrosis( death) of the pancreas and peritonitis( inflammation in the abdominal cavity).Treatment for acute pancreatitis is carried out strictly in the surgical department, and in the severe condition of the patient - in conditions of resuscitation. Therapy includes fasting for 3-5 days, withdrawal of spasm and pain syndrome, antifermental drugs and antibiotics.
Herbal treatment for acute pancreatitis can be used only after the inflammation subsides in order to prevent exacerbations and the transition of acute pancreatitis to chronic. But phytotherapy can and should be widely used in chronic pancreatitis, both in the acute stage, and preventive courses 2 times a year. Treatment with herbs and medicinal plant collections exacerbations of chronic pancreatitis allows to minimize the intake of chemical medicines or completely avoid their reception. This allows you to reduce the drug load on the body and help it to recover most gently and comprehensively.
There is another reason why I would like to see chronic pancreatitis, especially in young patients and pregnant women, treated with herbs. Now in a circle of doctors the issue of hyperdiagnosis of chronic pancreatitis is widely discussed. That is, this diagnosis is put much more often than this disease really is in our patients. And herbal therapy has almost no side effects, softer acts and herbal treatment is aimed at improving the condition of the whole organism.
The following diseases can be hidden under the "mask" of pancreatitis:
• You all know the JVP, that is dysfunction of the biliary tract, which is common in pregnant women. Because of the increase in intra-abdominal pressure as a result of the increase in the uterus, the bile ducts are also "squeezed", including bile ducts, which makes it difficult to remove bile, and even stones may form. Patients complain of bitterness in the mouth, heaviness in the upper abdomen, worse after eating, may be unstable stools, etc.
There are also now more frequent cases of hospitalization of young patients, even adolescents with the same complaints. The cause of this condition in these patients can also be bile duct dysfunction in hypermotor or hypomotor type. Therapy of chronic pancreatitis is prescribed, which the patient takes often for life.
• Dysbacteriosis can also be accompanied by similar symptoms, drugs are prescribed both for the treatment of pancreatitis and instead of pro and prebiotics the patient is long treated with enzyme preparations and gastric blockers.
• Chronic gastritis and even peptic ulcer, can also be accompanied by pain in the upper abdomen, weight after eating, belching, etc.
• Ruflux gastritis, reflux esophagitis, sliding hernia of the esophageal opening of the diaphragm.
• Chronic colitis can be hidden under the "mask" of pancreatitis. This disease is also characterized by abdominal pain and unstable stools. Although the symptoms can be very diverse.
• Pancreatic cancer.
• Irritable bowel syndrome. The diagnosis that is made when excluding all the above listed.
There are a lot of diseases, or even physiological transient states, that is, they are temporary and normal in patients. Therefore, it is very important to establish the exact diagnosis and, depending on the disease, to select adequate treatment, including herbal treatment.
What should I do before I treat pancreatitis with herbs?
Establish an accurate diagnosis. To establish the diagnosis of pancreatitis, you must perform the following studies:
1. Clinical blood test( general blood test + leukocyte formula + ESR)
2. General urine analysis with urine diastase.
3. Biochemical blood test: AST, ALT, bilirubins, urea, alkaline phosphatase, amylase, GG T, sugar, cholesterol, creatinine, total protein, thymol test
4. Gastropanel( gastrin-17, pepsinogen 1 and 2, IgG to H. Pylori).
5. Coprogram, feces for dysbiosis, feces for eggs of worms and cysts of lamblia.
7. Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity.
9. If necessary: radiograph with contrast( barium) of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, colonoscopy, MSCT of the abdominal cavity.
10. It may be necessary to study cancer markers: R E A, Ca 19-9, Ca 272, Ca 72-4.
Nutrition and diet for pancreatitis
If the results of a comprehensive survey have established a diagnosis of chronic pancreatitis, you need to reconsider your attitude towards your body. The first thing that will need to be done, as with any other disease - is to follow a diet. The essence of the diet is the frequent intake of food( 5 times a day), but in small portions, so as not to create a large load on the pancreas and the entire digestive tract as a whole. Also, exclude fried, smoked, fatty, spicy food. The most optimal option - more "right carbohydrates": cereals, vegetables and fruits. From proteins and fats to give preference to products with low fat content and with the content of polyunsaturated fatty acids: omega-3 and -6.But do not forget that even the "right" fats force the pancreas to work hard. And we agreed with you to create all the conditions for resting your body!
"Unloading" days will also be useful once a week. Perhaps as a fasting with the intake of only water( only not carbonated!), And mono-diet. I, for example, recommend "buckwheat" or "rice" days to my patients with pancreatitis, that is, I need to drink water only once a day and eat buckwheat porridge or boiled white rice without adding oil. But I really like the sprouted green buckwheat. It is prepared very simply: you buy green buckwheat( sold in almost all stores in the department of cereals or healthy food).Pour it in a thin layer( preferably in glassware).Cover with gauze. Then pour water( preferably not boiled).In a day, as soon as sprouts are formed, buckwheat is ready for consumption. It can also be eaten without anything, or to taste adding seasonings, honey, etc.
Herbal / Phytotherapy Therapy Objectives for Pancreatitis:
Herbal medicine helps to strengthen the action of the main therapy and reduce the side effects of chemical drugs. Phytotherapy has an antispasmodic and analgesic effect, reduces gastric secretion and secretion of the pancreas, reduces inflammation and intoxication of the body, helps fight against dysbiosis. Adding to the treatment of herbs improves the general condition of the patient and strengthens the immune system.
Herbs and fees for pancreatitis
The following algorithm for the treatment of pancreatitis with herbs is proposed at the PFUR phytotherapy department:
St. John's wort 20,0 g
Mint leaves 10,0 g
Plantain leaves 15,0 g
Grasswood wormwood 10,0 grams
Camomile flowers 20,0 gr
Herb grass 15,0 gr
Yarrow herb 10,0 g
Method of preparation: 10 g of collection pour 200 ml of boiled water. Infuse 30 minutes in a thermos, take ½ cup infusion 3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals. Duration of admission 2-5 weeks.
• Peyelonol 1 capsule 3 times daily after meals
• Florent 1 ml 2 times a day( adding to herbal tea)
• Chitopan 1 tablet 3 times daily
The above preparations are taken simultaneously for 1 month intime of exacerbation. You can carry out a preventive course of treatment 2 times a year for 1 month.
• Mix 1 part of walnut leaves and celandine grass, 2 parts of burdock roots, black currant leaves, St. John's wort, horsetail, white whites, strawberries, heather, chamomile flowers, yarrow and marigold flowers, 3 parts of grass, 4part of a violet tricolor.1-4 tablespoons collection( depending on age) pour 0.7 liters of water, boil for 10 minutes, insist 2 hours Drink the entire volume during the day, evenly distributing the entire volume for 3-5 meals 30 minutes before meals.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of rhizomes of elecampane, 1 teaspoon of herbage and capsicum roots, pour mixture of 0.5 liters of boiling water, infuse for 2 hours in a thermos bottle. Drink 1 glass for 30 minutes before eating.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of rhizomes of elecampane, 1 tablespoon of sponge grass and 1 teaspoon of roots of a blood-groove, pour a mixture of 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 1 hour. Drink 50 ml 30 minutes before eating.
The above fees can be taken( choose one from the collection, you can alternate) also with exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis within 1 month and preventive courses for 1 month 2 times a year.
Please note! The course of phytotherapy is selected individually, depending on the tolerance and the expected effect. It is better to choose therapy under the supervision of a doctor, relying on the recommended treatment.
Contraindications for the treatment of pancreatitis with herbs
Phytotherapy is contraindicated if:
1. The patient has an allergic reaction to the components of the charges.
2. The patient has allergic reactions that occur during treatment with phytotherapeutic drugs.
3. For acute pancreatitis.
4. As the only therapy for life-threatening conditions, such as severe inflammation in the pancreas, intoxication and pain syndrome. I prefer to prescribe phytotherapy at the stage of stabilization of the patient's condition.
Phytotherapy can be used, but with caution:
1. For self-treatment. Phytotherapy should be selected individually, depending on the frequency of exacerbations and the tolerability of treatment.
2. When the patient's condition worsens. It is necessary to observe a doctor who can orient in time in your condition and prescribe a follow-up, and by results will adjust the treatment tactics.
3. At pregnancy it is necessary to select individually herbal medicine depending on the gestational age.
4. When breastfeeding, I also recommend not to engage in self-selection of fees, but contact your doctor, since all herbs are ingested with breast milk into the body of the child.
Prognosis in the treatment of pancreatitis with herbs
Phytotherapy can and should be used in chronic pancreatitis, both with its exacerbations and at the stage of remission for the prevention of exacerbations. With exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, herbal therapy is prescribed together with diet and therapy by chemical means, such as gastric blockers, enzyme preparations, analgesics, antispasmodics, etc. And for the prevention of exacerbations, phytotherapy can be used together with a diet as the only treatment, even without the addition of enzymes and antisecretory drugs to therapy.
Complex treatment allows to achieve a stable remission, to prevent further damage to the pancreas and the development of pancreatic cancer.
Combination: constant diet + phytotherapy with preventative courses + medicinal chemicals during exacerbations of pancreatitis = good result!
Doctor phytotherapeutist Akimova NS