How to share a dream with a child without risk
Jun 25, 2018
Parents often worry, however accidentally they lie on their child at night. Joint sleep is safe, and you do not crush the child. The same subconscious sense of boundaries that keeps you from falling off the bed keeps you from lying on the child.
Mothers with whom we talked about sleeping together note that they so clearly feel the presence of the of their child with their body and brain even in their dreams, that it seems to them absolutely impossible to crush their child. And even if this happened, the child would raise so much noise that they would wake up instantly.
But fathers are not so keenly aware of the presence of the child when they are sleeping, so there is a risk that they can crush the child or bruise the hand that has been thrown aside.
The following precautions will help you share a dream without risk:
• The child should be placed between the mother and the safety grille( which is sold in children's furniture stores or ordered from catalogs);or move the bed against the wall
• Do not put the baby to sleep near you, if you are under the influence of any means that reduces the acuteness of your perception of the child, for example after taking alcohol or sedatives.
• To avoid overheating the child, do not over-wrap it. Overheating can occur if the child has been swaddled so that it is warm to sleep in his own crib, and then you put it near or between warm bodies, serving as additional sources of heat.
• Do not place the child on a feather bed or on similar, strongly pierced surfaces, in which the child's head may be submerged, causing it to suffocate.
• The child must sleep on a large bed with a minimum of neighbors. Too small or too crowded with a bed is also an unsafe place to sleep a very young child. For example, it is unsafe if the father or elder brother falls asleep with a newborn on the couch. The child may be trapped between the back of the sofa and the body of a larger person. The maximum( royal) size bed is an indispensable condition for safe sleeping together with the child. Do not let your tiny baby sleep in the middle of a pile of older children.
• Do not go to bed with a very flexible water mattress. The child can fall too deep into the gap between the mattress and the frame or into the recess near the mother's body. Do not leave a small child on a strongly bendable water mattress of one. His neck muscles are not strong enough to free his face from a poking surface, and he can suffocate. Elastic( "waveless") water mattresses are not so dangerous, provided that you eliminate all the cracks.
• Take precautions to prevent the child from falling off the bed, although it is unlikely, especially when the child is sleeping next to the parent. Like a rocket with a heat-finder, babies are automatically attracted to the parent. But for safety, especially when Rebeko is still lulling the child. The next step: you should spend this important lulling in the child's room. Or invite the child to sleep next to an older brother or sister. Do not worry - your child will inevitably leave your bed.
If you have gone through all three points of normalizing your child's night sleep, and he still sleeps restlessly, here's what you should do:
• First, determine for yourself if night awakenings are a problem. Maybe it's just a small annoyance with which you can quite live until your child is big enough to fall asleep without your help?(Most eventually gain this ability.) Or are nightly awakenings preventing your child from developing optimally and adversely affecting his daily behavior? Perhaps you are so tired the next day that not the
sleeps in your bed alone, use a safety grille, put elastic cushions or rollers near the baby, push the chair or any other safe objects to the bed with the back of the child, that will not let your child slidefrom the bed.
are able to enjoy the day-to-day interaction with the child, and you become more and more angry at the thought of the coming night - and generally in relation to the child? In other words, do you have a desire to throw everything up with a desperation with the coming of night?
• See the list of possible causes of nocturnal awakenings. Choose the most suitable solutions to the reasons and one by one try these methods until you find one that gives the desired result. You may need to resort to various means at different stages of your child's development or when changing your lifestyle.
• If you have eliminated all the causes of nightly awakenings on the list, try to understand that there is no quick way to fix the situation. It may take several weeks to improve the baby's sleep. Do not forget that in the future your goal is to help the child to get a healthy attitude to sleep. Although young children need some consistency in the rituals of going to sleep, accustom the child to various associations that will help him fall asleep and continue to sleep, without always relying on the same parental ways of lulling.