Symptoms of diabetes mellitus in men and the results of their manifestation
It is not for nothing that a separate category studies the characteristics of diabetes mellitus in men. Specific symptoms of diabetes mellitus in men - a violation of potency, premature ejaculation, lack of ejaculation, a disorder of sexual desire, erectile and reproductive dysfunction.
Diabetes mellitus has a negative effect on the ability of sperm to conceive. Due to high concentrations of glucose in the body of a man, their DNA is damaged at the molecular level.
What does the disease indicate?
Typical signs of diabetes mellitus in men differ significantly from those in women:
- Sexual dysfunction,
- Decreased testosterone production,
- Increased sweating,
Classic symptoms of illness in men and women:
- Increased thirst,
- Frequent urination,
- Odor of acetone from the mouth,
- Often occurrence of skin infections,
- Dryness of skin,
- Seizures in gastrocnemius muscles,
- Increased appetite.
There are 4 main forms of the disease( DM) depending on pathogenetic mechanisms of onset: type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes of pregnant women, MODY diabetes.
With type 1 diabetes, the first symptoms of diabetes are severe thirst, frequent urination, nausea, vomiting, hunger, weight loss. They arise because of increased concentrations of glucose in the blood and because of its low digestion by the cells of the body, due to a violation of insulin production in the pancreas.
In type 2 diabetes, skin pruritus, visual impairment, obesity, skin infection, often numbness of the legs, a thinning of the bone structure are formed due to high sugar concentrations, which is not absorbed due to blockade of glucose receptors or the violation of enzymatic mechanisms of its metabolism in the body.
Gestational diabetes most often occurs due to toxic effects on the pancreas of chemicals in toxicosis.
Morphological symptoms of diabetes mellitus in men
If the initial stage of diabetes is formed, the symptoms of which lead to obesity, thirst, frequent urination, then in the pancreas there may not yet be any morphological changes. If type II diabetes, then perhaps the first signs of illness in men are due to excess excess weight. In such cases it is recommended to bring it to the norm, to reduce the consumption of sweet and flour products, to carry out rehabilitation measures to restore potency, but it should be noted that the use of stimulants( for example, Viagra) is contraindicated.
Type I diabetes, rather, is a certain way of life, requiring adjustment of many features of nutrition and habits. You can not restore the potency only by taking insulin. Such symptoms in men as a violation of ejaculation, a decrease in the synthesis of testosterone can be corrected by drugs to improve blood flow.
- Vascular damage in diabetes mellitus leads to the development of lipoid necrobiosis - skin atrophy with the formation of ulcers on the shin, head, abdomen, hands,
- Dysplastic obesity - fatty clumps with localization mainly on the upper part of the trunk, as well as the abdomen. At the same time, the lower limbs become thinner,
- Diabetic vascular injury also results in a thinning of the bone structure. They become brittle and fragile. In 10% of cases occurs the joint of Lisfranc - diabetic arthrosis of the tarsus-metatarsal joint, which causes disability.
- From the digestive system, signs of malaise in men - tooth damage, gingivitis, dyspeptic syndrome, gastritis and gastroduodenitis,
- Diabetic hepatopathy occurs when the disease is decompensated - liver enlargement, jaundice of the skin and sclera,
- Diabetic enteropathy - strong steatorrhea( fatty stool) and frequentDiarrhea can occur up to 20 times daily. It can exist for several years without cure,
- Very often, the symptoms of the disease in adults are characterized by diabetic nephropathy( 50-70% of cases).Because of the defeat of the glomerular vessels, glucose in the urine( glucosuria), pyelonephritis,
- can be traced. From the side of the organ of vision with diabetes, retinopathy can be observed - a number of hemorrhages in the retina with its proliferative restructuring. The incidence of diabetic retinopathy in diabetes mellitus in men is about 90 percent.
In summary, the specific symptoms of diabetes mellitus in men are associated with the disorder of the genital area: lack of orgasm and ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and lack of sexual desire. Numerous studies have shown that very often diabetes in a strong half of humanity is characterized by impaired reproductive function, as increased blood glucose concentrations lead to the destruction of sperm DNA, which reduces the quantity and quality of sperm.
However, the signs of diabetes in men depend on the type of disease. The 1 type of diabetes requires insulin replacement therapy, which such patients must carry with them.
With type 2 diabetes, treatment options depend on the normalization of diet, getting rid of bad habits and extra pounds.